SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Lakers V

Shawn-O

Could be a snow bowl!!! Sure hope the boys have been practicing outdoors all week!!! Projected high for tomorrow is 32 degrees with winds between 10 to 20mph. Sunny in the morning and cloudy in the afternoon. Let's go Sioux!!!!

They have been practicing outdoors all week and if you have been in Grand Forks this week, 32 sounds like tropical weather conditions.

They have been practicing outdoors all week and if you have been in Grand Forks this week, 32 sounds like tropical weather conditions.

One of the Sioux players interviewed on KVLY last night said he thought cold weather worked to UND's advantage. :huh::glare:

Did you get the feeling that this was because UND is "tougher" or that poor weather favors UND's playing style?

I thought his point was that if you live in Grand Forks, you get used to cold and snow. It's not as if GVSU is playing a team from Florida. :huh:

I thought his point was that if you live in Grand Forks, you get used to cold and snow. It's not as if GVSU is playing a team from Florida. :D

Right, people have been saying it works to GVSU's avantage because UND is a Dome team. Its not like you guys really practice all the time in there. :huh::glare:

Right, people have been saying it works to GVSU's avantage because UND is a Dome team. Its not like you guys really practice all the time in there. :huh::glare:

The team practices outside all the time unless the weather is just unbearable. I believe they were inside the Hyslop one day this week otherwise out in the elements. It certainly looks as though the weather will need to be dealt with by each team. Taking care of the football will be imperative! GO SIOUX!!

Right, people have been saying it works to GVSU's avantage because UND is a Dome team. Its not like you guys really practice all the time in there. :silly::D

If the weather is poor, I'd imagine it would favor neither team...............they both have to play in it don't they? :D

Personally, I perform poorly in cold and snowy weather! :huh:

For anyone that is close to the football program, what is the impression about GV? Do the players and coaches think they are a better, about the same, or not as good as UNI? I wonder if GV is faster than UNI, it sounds like it from a couple of the articles I have gone over.