SiouxSports.com Forum

Playoff Attendance

SiouxMD

Playoff attendance for first (1) and second (2) round games...

9142 - Newberry vs UNA (2)

6237 - Missouri Western vs Midwestern State (1)

5553 - Midwestern State vs NWMSU (2)

5312 - UND vs UNO (2)

5234 - West Chester vs Bryant (1)

5073 - WSU vs UND (1)

5000 - West Texas A&M vs Chadron State (2)

5000 - Albany State vs Newberry (1)

4718 - Merrimack vs Shepard (2)

4448 - Abilene Christian vs West Texas A&M (1)

4386 - Delta State vs NCCU (2)

4133 - USD vs GVSU (2)

4107 - West Chester vs Bloomsburg (2)

3315 - Delta State vs Elizabeth City State (1)

2312 - Southern Connecticut vs Merrimack (1)

1412 - USD vs Northwood (1)

If (when) UND beats GVSU...they will face either UNA or Delta State. Could UND host a semi-final game if we play Delta State? UND would hold the advantage in playoff home attendance / seeding / overall record.

Or do we outbid UNA once again? :D

GO SIOUX!!!

I doubt you would get a home playoff game IF you beat GVSU. The NCAA or whoever is the head of D2 playoffs (I forgot!! :D ) doesn't allow Delta State to travel to North Dakota. (To get that statement look back at the 2000 playoffs and look who the BISON played in the semis and where they did)

The NCAA must have missed 2004 when Delta State came to Grand Forks for a game.

If you wanna make a good joke, at least get your facts straight.

Oh so sorry, my apologizes sir. Just trying to give my 2 cents to a possible delta state game. I'll feel for you for just one game IF you have to play on that sucky field unless they changed it.

I heard a crazy theory that UNA can't host the semi-final since they host the championship. Any truth to this?

I don't think it's true, because I remember how much they were complaining when we hosted them instead of it being the other way around.

5312 - UND vs UNO (2)

5073 - WSU vs UND (1)

4133 - USD vs GVSU (2)

If (when) UND beats GVSU...they will face either UNA or Delta State. Could UND host a semi-final game if we play Delta State? UND would hold the advantage in playoff home attendance / seeding / overall record.

GO SIOUX!!!

Talked to Charlie Jeske tonite says bid already in the works for possible Semi-final match-up...

Lets worry about GVSU 1st.....They are for real....

Talked to Charlie Jeske tonite says bid already in the works for possible Semi-final match-up...

Lets worry about GVSU 1st.....They are for real....

Not only for real but the BEST DII Dynasty since....uhh...well their name escapes me now but yeah - the Lakers are for real! This is going to be a GREAT GAME!!

nds-WHO??

Hate? No. I reserve that for rodents.

Revulsion, disgust, disregard - ok, maybe! :0

Hey, I did kind of quietly, with ambivalence, sort of half heartedly hoped the Bison would beat the rodents in football. What more do you want? That much was tough.

Hate? No. I reserve that for rodents.

Revulsion, disgust, disregard - ok, maybe! ???

Hey, I did kind of quietly, with ambivalence, sort of half heartedly hoped the Bison would beat the rodents in football. What more do you want? That much was tough.

talk about PICK YOUR POISON!! :0 an arrogant school that thinks they're the be all/end all of college sports OR the guys that...basically think the same thing! ;) I prefer to focus on a FOOTBALL team that still has SOMETHING to play for!! - GO SIOUX!!

5312 - UND vs UNO (2)

5073 - WSU vs UND (1)

4133 - USD vs GVSU (2)

GO SIOUX!!!

Frankly, based on the poor attendance at the Winona State game, the fans don't deserve a home playoff game. 5000 and change was pathetic. Where were the students and where were the people of Grand Forks? That alone should have been enough to fill the Alerus. There have been too many playoff games in GF in the last few years where the attendance has been poor. Any thing less than 12000 is not acceptable for a team that is planning to move up a division. The team deserves a home game but until the community of GF/EGF appreciates the economic impact of a home playoff game and works to get the Alerus filled I can't whine when we get screwed by the NCAA. I wouldn't be mistaken for a Bison fan but they get the seats filled for the big games.

talk about PICK YOUR POISON!! :0 an arrogant school that thinks they're the be all/end all of college sports OR the guys that...basically think the same thing! ;) I prefer to focus on a FOOTBALL team that still has SOMETHING to play for!! - GO SIOUX!!

That is where you stop on that subject. You cannot call a school arrogant because of 2 or 3 fans that say that minnesota is our true rival. Right now South Dakota State is our rival and I am proud of it. Some of the BISON fans on the AGS message are making a total fool out of themselves and making all BISON fans look bad. Every school has their share of those kind of fans. I am not one of those people that say "NDSU IS THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN FCS!!" or "WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CLAIM A NATIONAL CHAMIONSHIP IF WE ARE RANKED #1!!" No, those statements are wrong. I never thought I would, but I am as excited as hell that the BISON are #4 in FCS and won the Great West Football Conference title this year and went 10-1 plus had 19,053 people at the FFD when the BISON played SDSU. Now I do wish UND luck against GVSU and give them hell from the state of Norht Dakota.

GV had 4100 this weekend for USD...

I know, but UND should be the school by which the others measure themselves and that should include attendance. How do we compare with Montana, Montana St, UNI, uur pals from the south etc.? I know we are OK but we need to step up to that next level as fans with our support by putting our butts in the seats as well as the extra $$$. These kids and coaches have worked too hard and deserve no less.

here's a suggestion....

BISONVILLE.COM and go talk about the "team that will not be mentioned" there - See what you get? (probably a fire-bombing of your house from LakesBison :D:lol: ) bottom line...if you want to come here and talk about UND's prospects - you're welcome! If you want to re-hash old bison "injustices" - GET LOST!!! We're still in the hunt for a National Championship! (the very one YOU GUYS coveted and BRAGGED ABOUT for SO many years but now seem to piss on ??? ) Get on the bus or get off!!! you decide...but I will NOT accept Bison trollers coming on OUR board to make trouble*!

(* Note to Jim - YEAH!! It's OUR board :0 )

I know, but UND should be the school by which the others measure themselves and that should include attendance. How do we compare with Montana, Montana St, UNI, uur pals from the south etc.? I know we are OK but we need to step up to that next level as fans with our support by putting our butts in the seats as well as the extra $$$. These kids and coaches have worked too hard and deserve no less.

I agree - play good teams and you'll get butts in the seats. Winona state was like trying to sell tires to Goodyear!! (no interest!) How many fans did UNI have for their playoff game this weekend?? :D

here's a suggestion....

BISONVILLE.COM and go talk about the "team that will not be mentioned" there - See what you get? (probably a fire-bombing of your house from LakesBison :D:lol: ) bottom line...if you want to come here and talk about UND's prospects - you're welcome! If you want to re-hash old bison "injustices" - GET LOST!!! We're still in the hunt for a National Championship! (the very one YOU GUYS coveted and BRAGGED ABOUT for SO many years but now seem to piss on ??? ) Get on the bus or get off!!! you decide...but I will NOT accept Bison trollers coming on OUR board to make trouble*!

(* Note to Jim - YEAH!! It's OUR board :0 )

Wow. Can you take a joke? That is all I was doing is trying to joke about it. (yes, I now know that DSU came to the state of North Dakota in 2004, but I was just commenting on what the NCAA decided over in the playoffs years ago in that situation.) It wasn't supposed to be serious but you seen to take it as a serious statement on drooling over your boards of what happened in 2000. If you are taking that statement serious well....dont! Thats all I have to say.

If you don't know (well, you probably do but..), UND is the sole reason why UNI didnt make the playoffs this year.