SiouxSports.com Forum

Greatest time at the new REA

luapsided

Agreed there are idiots in all fan bases. But the thing that I always seem to notice is that, at least on this board, Gopher fans are always the first ones to bring up injustices made by fans to them or someone they know. That's what I don't like about them. They are all about saying how they are a classy fanbase and yet are the first to rub these experiences in our faces when it suits their purposes. They only seem to admit that there are idiots in their own fanbases as an afterthought. Usually after a starting phrase such as "Not to flame anyone but..." or perhaps as a lead in "I know there are idiots in both fanbases but..."

I don't particularly care if this Gopher fan's greatest moment at the REA was watching the Sioux get swept by UMN. He's a Gopher fan. Big whoop. It's not like it was the only time the Sioux have been swept by the Gophers. I just am tired of the "holier than thou" attitude some Gopher fans seem to have and that they think that this message board is the place to air out those grievances because the Gophers should be just as respected as the Sioux on this board. The Gophers aren't loved here. I won't openly smack them (only their football coach :glare: ) but I'm not going to bow down and say "Oh Mighty Lucia! How I wish I was as good as you!" It's just not gonna happen.

While I will also agree with you that a lot of Gopher fans are arrogant, I will say that there are a lot of Sioux fans that are just as arrogant. But when you start using words like "always" and "all" I start to wonder how you know them all??? I suppose we just ahve to agree to disagree....there have been many seasons and games that have gone both ways, we should just be happy we get to watch good hockey. Also the post was about the greatest time at the REA. I think we have been through this already on this post. It doesn't matter what it was about, it is about one person saying what their best time there was. With that said, even though UND is such a big rival, I feel that you are extremely lucky to have such a beautiful rink to play in and watch hockey games. I also support UND and their struggle with the NCAA over the Fighting Sioux name. Best of luck with that situation. Good luck also in January!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the post was about the greatest time at the REA. I think we have been through this already on this post. It doesn't matter what it was about, it is about one person saying what their best time there was. With that said, even though UND is such a big rival, I feel that you are extremely lucky to have such a beautiful rink to play in and watch hockey games. I also support UND and their struggle with the NCAA over the Fighting Sioux name. Best of luck with that situation. Good luck also in January!!

Uhmm, aren't you the one who started with the 'asshole fans' examples?

Anyway, thanks for the support!! And I agree we are very luck to have the Ralph in which to watch our favorite teams to hate play our favorite team to love!! Nothing makes for a good game than a good rivalry.

Most classless act of all time...I was walking into the arena in Columbus to see the Sioux paly Denver after the Sioux dismantled the Goofs and a dad and his 5 year old (or so) who happen to be Gopher fans says to his son, take a look over their at the Nazi son, pointing over to me. What a way to teach you child life's lessons. I just looked at the kid and apoligized to him for having an idiot for a father.

At the 2006 Final Five, a couple of Gopher fans in our hotel tried to pick a fight with my younger son because he was wearing a Goldy doll around his neck. Well Goldy did happen to have a noose around his neck but that's no reason for the Goofs to want to committ suicide. My son could have taken both of them out with one hand tied behind his back and that is NOT a mother's inflated statement.

Idiots in all fan bases. :huh:

Nope, not an inflated statement at all...but then again, I was there to back him up! :glare:

cross.jpg

One clown from Minnesota (while I was in the bathroom) goes to me, oh, oh, oh the Sioux would still lose to the gophers and I told him Spanky, we don't have to play you guys. Your team is on the bus going home already. In my opinion I believe UND would have still beaten them.

Uhmm, aren't you the one who started with the 'asshole fans' examples?

Anyway, thanks for the support!! And I agree we are very luck to have the Ralph in which to watch our favorite teams to hate play our favorite team to love!! Nothing makes for a good game than a good rivalry.

Nope, Goon started it.....

1. Watching my son skating around with TJ for a couple of hours.

2. Denver playoff series March 2003

3. World Junior Experience. 17 games in 11 days, one of the best weeks of my life.

4. West Regional

5. Boston Comeback 2003

6. Opening night, despite the loss

7. Finally being able to have season tickets vs. begging/pleading/trading for tickets

I haven't decided what my favorite moment inside was. But I do know what my favorite moment outside was......opening night, we parked behind Barnes and Noble, and when we walked around the corner and saw The Ralph all lit up it literally took my breath away, like someone had punched me in the gut.

I felt like Rudy Rudiger's dad on his first trip to a Notre Dame football game.

I haven't decided what my favorite moment inside was. But I do know what my favorite moment outside was......opening night, we parked behind Barnes and Noble, and when we walked around the corner and saw The Ralph all lit up it literally took my breath away, like someone had punched me in the gut.

I felt like Rudy Rudiger's dad on his first trip to a Notre Dame football game.

Oh yeah!!

The one night of hockey that stands out hands down, the 2006 West Regional. After Holy Cross scored in overtime against Minnesota and then all off the fighting sioux fans starting chanting lets go sioux before the sioux took the ice for warmups. I'll never forget it, I had chills running down my back. The whole crowd was pumped up before the game even started. I talked to a few hockey players and they could hear the chant in the locker room from the fans and they said it was one of the loudest chants ever. I could only imagine being a player that night.

Ditto, that was awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I would agree. I know that 'Sconnie is our natural rival in pretty much every sport, but when it comes to hockey I would say NoDak is the biggest rival for the Gophers....I'm sure many other Gopher fans would dissagree with me though.

I am with you Fire Helmet Guy!