SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

Toilet bowl standings as of right now:

3. Shanley: Whap derailed their "dream season" , I wouldn't be surprised if they drop their next meeting with the blades in Whap.

2. Whap/Breck: They have an impressive 5-4 win over Hazen-beuhlah, They ran into some tough luck against the better teams, but kept it closer than one may have expected.

1. Hazen-Beuhlah: This team could run it in reverse, They already passed two big tests by dropping games at whapeton and at home against bottineau. If they can servive a few more tests: At Bottineau and two games with Mandan we may have our "dream season".

Other notable team: Mandan this team is unpredictable, I am hoping they don't step up and blow a game vs. hazen.

Posts like this spit on all the hard work great individuals like Jeff Gustafson do to try and get these up and coming programs competetive, and try to get more kids interested in playing hockey.... :lol:

Just worry about Red River, or whoever it is you care about. Let these teams worry about continuing to grow their programs.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posts like this spit on all the hard work great individuals like Jeff Gustafson do to try and get these up and coming programs competetive, and try to get more kids interested in playing hockey.... :lol:

Just worry about Red River, or whoever it is you care about. Let these teams worry about continuing to grow their programs.

AMEN!

Well I'm sorry you took it that way, I happened to like Gustafson alot and I thought he did a great job at getting Hazen out of the dump he was a great guy and no one should say othewise. Saying that Hazen is the worst team in the state this year has absolutly nothing to do with Jeff. I don't know how you would take it like that.

Toilet bowl standings as of right now:

3. Shanley: Whap derailed their "dream season" , I wouldn't be surprised if they drop their next meeting with the blades in Whap.

2. Whap/Breck: They have an impressive 5-4 win over Hazen-beuhlah, They ran into some tough luck against the better teams, but kept it closer than one may have expected.

1. Hazen-Beuhlah: This team could run it in reverse, They already passed two big tests by dropping games at whapeton and at home against bottineau. If they can servive a few more tests: At Bottineau and two games with Mandan we may have our "dream season".

Other notable team: Mandan this team is unpredictable, I am hoping they don't step up and blow a game vs. hazen.

From one Red River alum to another, I am embarassed by the way you present yourself on this web-site. Grow-up and come back to this site when you can post something constructive.

From one Red River alum to another, I am embarassed by the way you present yourself on this web-site. Grow-up and come back to this site when you can post something constructive.

Not trying to defend anyone here... But I believe this is a forum where people can come and say their opinions, right? And thanks to the 1st Amendment of the Constitution, nobody can really do anything about it if he wants to form his own opinions and write them on this website.

On another note... South got beat by Moorhead tonight 5-3, which I know has its own thread so I won't continue on with that. Bye!

Not trying to defend anyone here... But I believe this is a forum where people can come and say their opinions, right? And thanks to the 1st Amendment of the Constitution, nobody can really do anything about it if he wants to form his own opinions and write them on this website.

On another note... South got beat by Moorhead tonight 5-3, which I know has its own thread so I won't continue on with that. Bye!

It is good that you are not defending who I think you are talking about. Not sure how well the 1st Amendment applies here because this is a private site and the moderators can remove posts, which they have done on a number of occasions. In addition, individual members can be removed as well. A number of hockey sites have done that in the past. So, you are incorrect in saying that "nobody can really do anything about it if he wants to form his own opinions and write them on this website." If a moderator deems a post to be offensive it can (and has) been taken down.

It is good that you are not defending who I think you are talking about. Not sure how well the 1st Amendment applies here because this is a private site and the moderators can remove posts, which they have done on a number of occasions. In addition, individual members can be removed as well. A number of hockey sites have done that in the past. So, you are incorrect in saying that "nobody can really do anything about it if he wants to form his own opinions and write them on this website." If a moderator deems a post to be offensive it can (and has) been taken down.

Well said.

Whats everyone's thought on Chad Demers? He seems to be doing all right...I wonder if anyone is looking at him yet...

He is an average player on an average team.

Since when does grafton play Kitteson Central? I think he lit it up against those dandys. I hear NHL Central Scouting is looking at him pretty closely, I actually heard someone say he got a couple looks at the World Junior team.

First of all you would have to be a complete tool to be offended by somthing you read in a chat room. If your offended by me saying Shanley Whapeton and Hazen are the three worst teams in the state then you are very easily offended. And also offended by a true statement.

If we go by what your saying we should list scores like this (North-6) only include the winning team as opposed to the old and maybe offensive way of (North-6 over Grafton-5) because some of the Grafton kids/parents/fans maybe offended by us posting them losing a game.

First of all you would have to be a complete tool to be offended by somthing you read in a chat room. If your offended by me saying Shanley Whapeton and Hazen are the three worst teams in the state then you are very easily offended. And also offended by a true statement.

If we go by what your saying we should list scores like this (North-6) only include the winning team as opposed to the old and maybe offensive way of (North-6 over Grafton-5) because some of the Grafton kids/parents/fans maybe offended by us posting them losing a game.

Who are you addressing in this post? I am responding to another member of this forum and elaborating how a private website works. There is no content in my post regarding your specific comments that you cite. I never said I was offended by your post. Maybe you should start reading the flow of posts and figure out what is going on. Wilbur appropriately made a comment about your disrespecful comments about Hazen and the program that Jeff Gustafson developed. If that is what you are referring to then I think most people would agree that you are insensitive and self-centered. You seem to miss the message that you have been consistently receiving from other participants in this thread.

In addition, I find no referent whatsoever in your last sentence, "If we go by what your saying we should list scores....blah, blah, blah.." I have no idea of what you are taking about. You must be mixing up participants in this thread. For future reference, you are using the word "your" when you should be saying "you are".

Since when does grafton play Kitteson Central? I think he lit it up against those dandys. I hear NHL Central Scouting is looking at him pretty closely, I actually heard someone say he got a couple looks at the World Junior team.

Personally I think that Chad Demers is a good player. He is a very smart player and makes the people around him better.

Who are you addressing in this post? I am responding to another member of this forum and elaborating how a private website works. There is no content in my post regarding your specific comments that you cite. I never said I was offended by your post. Maybe you should start reading the flow of posts and figure out what is going on. Wilbur appropriately made a comment about your disrespecful comments about Hazen and the program that Jeff Gustafson developed. If that is what you are referring to then I think most people would agree that you are insensitive and self-centered. You seem to miss the message that you have been consistently receiving from other participants in this thread.

In addition, I find no referent whatsoever in your last sentence, "If we go by what your saying we should list scores....blah, blah, blah.." I have no idea of what you are taking about. You must be mixing up participants in this thread. For future reference, you are using the word "your" when you should be saying "you are".

Even though Lives-to-play does tend to be awfully negative, we all do have to remember that this is a message board. Instead of taking everything so seriously, I think some of the people just need to laugh at things that are ment to be humorous. I dont think Lives-to-play is purposly trying to insult any individual person/people, and for somebody to bring up the fact that he is insulting Jeff Gustafson is absolutely asinine. This is not a forum to talk only about the good teams and good players in the state but rather all the teams, including the bad ones. Lives-to-play says it how he sees it, and I dont see that as a crime. It may offend some peopl, but I really dont think its meant to. Just laugh at his negativity and move on.

South and Bismarck play tonight in Fargo. Any predictions? South is coming off a tough loss to Moorhead last night. Is a letdown in store? Hillman played very well last year against South. Everybody seems to bring their "A" game against South, but I think South rebounds tonight and should handle Bismarck fairly easily. I will go with a 6-1 score.

Even though Lives-to-play does tend to be awfully negative, we all do have to remember that this is a message board. Instead of taking everything so seriously, I think some of the people just need to laugh at things that are ment to be humorous. I dont think Lives-to-play is purposly trying to insult any individual person/people, and for somebody to bring up the fact that he is insulting Jeff Gustafson is absolutely asinine. This is not a forum to talk only about the good teams and good players in the state but rather all the teams, including the bad ones. Lives-to-play says it how he sees it, and I dont see that as a crime. It may offend some peopl, but I really dont think its meant to. Just laugh at his negativity and move on.

So calling Hazen one of the worst teams in the state, and making an entire post out of it is supposed to be funny? Right after the mentor of their program passes away? Okay... :blush:

I'm laughing... :lol:

So calling Hazen one of the worst teams in the state, and making an entire post out of it is supposed to be funny? Right after the mentor of their program passes away? Okay... :blush:

I'm laughing... :lol:

I thought about apoligizing for writing that post, and then I thought about it for a minute or so and came up with this. . . A. Every bit of it was true, can't apoligize for those teams being bad B. If you thought it had to do with Gustafson than your a idiot and I can't apoligize for that, C. The post wasn't exclusivly about hazen anyway, so I can't apoligize for singling out hazen D. I know you agree with every word I said, so I can't apoligize for that.

this makes alot of sense

RR-3 North-1. Eric Meland with a hat-trick, and I dont know who scored for North.

The final score of this game really does not do justice to the difference in skill level of these two teams. The first two periods the puck rarely left the FN zone, it was complete domination. Red River struggled to bury their oppurtunities creating a close game until the very end. It seemed that Red River was killing penalties the whole third period which created a little bit of momentum for North. Eric Meland had another great game notching the hat trick. I think this game proved how big of a drop off there is from RR and FS to the rest of the EDC.

The final score of this game really does not do justice to the difference in skill level of these two teams. The first two periods the puck rarely left the FN zone, it was complete domination. Red River struggled to bury their oppurtunities creating a close game until the very end. It seemed that Red River was killing penalties the whole third period which created a little bit of momentum for North. Eric Meland had another great game notching the hat trick. I think this game proved how big of a drop off there is from RR and FS to the rest of the EDC.

I must say that I have to agree with you on this. Fargo North was outplayed in every aspect of the game tonight.

Fargo North: 1st line and PP line need to learn how to pass the fricken puck. Not everyone can get the glory all the time. Learn to set up some plays instead of just screwing around on the ice. Learn how to play on a PP, keep the puck in the zone and set something up to get the puck in the net. Need to communicate more on the ice. Stop taking stupid freakin penalties!

Red River: Fast, athletic, lots of skill. I wasn't hugely impressed, probably more so if I was watching them play South. There's too much a skill differential between FN and RR to be amazed. They do have a really good PK line, I was impressed by that.

North didn't show up to play tonight. I know that they have a lot more potential than that. Red River did, and they deserved the win. Good for them.

Goals: Eric Meland with a hatty for RR (as mentioned before), one which was shorthanded. Tanner Bombenger scoring for Fargo North on a PP goal.

I have a few questions about the game. Was Red River unable to put shots on net or what was the deal? I know Fargo's goalie Dan Zerhan has struggled and I believe his save percentage as posted on Bob Gillen's website is something around 85%? Unfortunatly I was unable to attend the game so I cannot testify as to how the game went and where the majority of it was being played. But unless North's goalie had an uncharacteristically good game, I find it hard to believe Red River had an abundance of quality scoring opportunities. After defeating Fargo North 3-1, I'm going to have to disagree with in that score it is apparent the difference between Red River and everyone else is that great. There have been years when teams have been crushed during the regular season, and then actually win in the first round of the EDC tournement (Shanley vs. Red River, 2004). If I'm Jay Erickson and my team is within two goals of Red River right now, I like my chances come playoff time. The reason for that is because I believe North probably has more room for improvement.

I have a few questions about the game. Was Red River unable to put shots on net or what was the deal? I know Fargo's goalie Dan Zerhan has struggled and I believe his save percentage as posted on Bob Gillen's website is something around 85%? Unfortunatly I was unable to attend the game so I cannot testify as to how the game went and where the majority of it was being played. But unless North's goalie had an uncharacteristically good game, I find it hard to believe Red River had an abundance of quality scoring opportunities. After defeating Fargo North 3-1, I'm going to have to disagree with in that score it is apparent the difference between Red River and everyone else is that great. There have been years when teams have been crushed during the regular season, and then actually win in the first round of the EDC tournement (Shanley vs. Red River, 2004). If I'm Jay Erickson and my team is within two goals of Red River right now, I like my chances come playoff time. The reason for that is because I believe North probably has more room for improvement.

Fargo Norths goalie had 33 saves, compared to 14 for RRs Pat Arnason.