SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

The only thing I'm taking into account right now is the scores of the games. I am not able to attend all these games obviously so I go by what the final score states. In any sense, a game is three full periods long. Not one period, not two periods, not two periods and 8 minutes. If Wahpeton is tied with Grafton for two periods and five minutes into the third, but then Grafton scores ten goals in the remainder of the game, they still won 10-0. Good for Central that they were able to hang on for that long, but it was only a matter of time until South pulled away, which they did. South made a statement with decisive wins over White Bear Lake (5-1), Grafton (6-2), and Fargo North (9-3).

I dont care about there wins and losses, I think that you can not determine the best team in the state by non-conferences games like south against white bear or RR against egf. Yes, Fargo South's win against WBL looks impressive but they had 2 empty net goals and also WBL isn't as strong as they have been in the past. Now in the case of RR and EGF, i went to the game and RR could have easily won 8-2 but Alex Christenson played unbelievable as he usually does, also in a rivalry game EGF, GFC, and GFRR always play tight games. Now as far as Grafton, West fargo, and Fargo North, how do we know that RR wont blow out Grafton and North, and West Fargo is always a scrappy team so if i were South I wouldnt overlook them. But the only way we will know for sure is to wait for early january in Fargo. RR vs. FS , start making your travel plans its gonna be a good one.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care about there wins and losses, I think that you can not determine the best team in the state by non-conferences games like south against white bear or RR against egf. Yes, Fargo South's win against WBL looks impressive but they had 2 empty net goals and also WBL isn't as strong as they have been in the past. Now in the case of RR and EGF, i went to the game and RR could have easily won 8-2 but Alex Christenson played unbelievable as he usually does, also in a rivalry game EGF, GFC, and GFRR always play tight games. Now as far as Grafton, West fargo, and Fargo North, how do we know that RR wont blow out Grafton and North, and West Fargo is always a scrappy team so if i were South I wouldnt overlook them. But the only way we will know for sure is to wait for early january in Fargo. RR vs. FS , start making your travel plans its gonna be a good one.

I dont think you can look past any team in the east. of course i dont mean waph. i do agree south is the team to beat but they are beatable.

Couple intriguing games tomorrow night:

Devils Lake at Red River: I see Red River coming out flying trying to silence some critics (mainly on this site), Devils Lake will also come out trying to prove the belong in the upper echelon of the EDC. I think Red River will put together a complete game and get a nice 5-2 win.

West Fargo at Fargo North: Big game for Fargo North, it should be interesting to see how they respond to a tough OT loss to Devils Lake on Saturday night. West Fargo isn't the flashiest team in the conference, but they've played tight games all year with a 3-2 loss to Red River, a 2-0 loss to DL, and a win over Central last week. Put up or shut up time for the Spartans I think they get a 4-2 win.

Couple intriguing games tomorrow night:

Devils Lake at Red River: I see Red River coming out flying trying to silence some critics (mainly on this site), Devils Lake will also come out trying to prove the belong in the upper echelon of the EDC. I think Red River will put together a complete game and get a nice 5-2 win.

West Fargo at Fargo North: Big game for Fargo North, it should be interesting to see how they respond to a tough OT loss to Devils Lake on Saturday night. West Fargo isn't the flashiest team in the conference, but they've played tight games all year with a 3-2 loss to Red River, a 2-0 loss to DL, and a win over Central last week. Put up or shut up time for the Spartans I think they get a 4-2 win.

Nice analysis. I would guess things could turn out pretty close to the your read.

If by scrappy you mean Tyler Swanson playing with 19 players who are below average in all aspects of the game. Than yea they are scrappy.

I mean seriously, WF is brutal.

Just admit that RR played like ****, I don't like bringing down my alma mater but in this case and against maybe a worse team than WF (EGF) they took another dump.

If by scrappy you mean Tyler Swanson playing with 19 players who are below average in all aspects of the game. Than yea they are scrappy.

I mean seriously, WF is brutal.

Just admit that RR played like ****, I don't like bringing down my alma mater but in this case and against maybe a worse team than WF (EGF) they took another dump.

I think every post you have ever made has been a dump. I can't recall one time where you have a made a statement that even resembles a contribution to the forum. All you ever do is come on here to slander every team across the state, and it gets old. I've been quiet about your posts before, but you coming on here and putting down everything that has to do with North Dakota hockey does absolutely nothing for anyone involved. The purpose of the thread is to celebrate the kids across the state who make North Dakota hockey fun, granted the 19 kids from West Fargo may not have been good enough to load the stickbag at Red River for 4 years like you, but give them credit. They played Red River 3-2. It must have been like the Stanley Cup finals for those guys to compete with a top tier program, and may give them a boost of confidence throughout the EDC season. We can also go back about 3-4 years when Shanley upset Red River in the "super era" when you were alledgedly in the program. Were they just Kyle Graalum with 19 players who are below average in all aspects of the game? The point I'm trying to make and several other respected members of the site are trying to say is let's utilize this site to promote ND hockey, not feed our own egos.

I think every post you have ever made has been a dump. I can't recall one time where you have a made a statement that even resembles a contribution to the forum. All you ever do is come on here to slander every team across the state, and it gets old. I've been quiet about your posts before, but you coming on here and putting down everything that has to do with North Dakota hockey does absolutely nothing for anyone involved. The purpose of the thread is to celebrate the kids across the state who make North Dakota hockey fun, granted the 19 kids from West Fargo may not have been good enough to load the stickbag at Red River for 4 years like you, but give them credit. They played Red River 3-2. It must have been like the Stanley Cup finals for those guys to compete with a top tier program, and may give them a boost of confidence throughout the EDC season. We can also go back about 3-4 years when Shanley upset Red River in the "super era" when you were alledgedly in the program. Were they just Kyle Graalum with 19 players who are below average in all aspects of the game? The point I'm trying to make and several other respected members of the site are trying to say is let's utilize this site to promote ND hockey, not feed our own egos.

I just don't like seeing the team I played for, go out and make a mockery of our program. I realize that this years team isn't nearly as good as last years team so maybe I shouldn't hold them to as high of a standard but I still have a lot of Red River pride. There is nothing I hate more than to see my alma mater go out and make a program that has been so good in the past look bad by beating a terrible EGF team 5-4 and than beat a team like WF 3-2.

tough to say WBL isnt that strong when they have a guy who has verbaled to the gophers...

I just don't like seeing the team I played for, go out and make a mockery of our program. I realize that this years team isn't nearly as good as last years team so maybe I shouldn't hold them to as high of a standard but I still have a lot of Red River pride. There is nothing I hate more than to see my alma mater go out and make a program that has been so good in the past look bad by beating a terrible EGF team 5-4 and than beat a team like WF 3-2.

WOW if you are truly a alma mater and former player of RR, it is pathetic that you talk down a team you played for. HAVE SOME CLASS !

Thats one player it doesnt make a team, think before you speak then stop and then let it go.

And South had enough depth to contain him. I highly doubt the guys he was playing with weren't able bodied athletes themselves. If that was the case, I'd be willing to bet he wouldn't have stuck around for another year of high school hockey and he would have moved on to maybe the USNTDP, USHL, or even NAHL.

I saw a post before alluding to recruiting done by schools in Minnesota. Recruiting is illegal and not tolerated. Any recruiting done is pressure from friends and parents to their friends on to switch schools. If that's what you mean by recruiting then, yes there is recruiting. But recruiting in the sense of how a college does, sending letters, personal visits to the home, that is not tolerated. Just to clear the air.

Maybe its a good thing that it was a close game because that means teams are getting better.

I'm kind of excited to see how well Devils Lake does against Red River. I think Red River will win the game, but I think that DL will give them a good game. Al Henry will have his team ready to play, and after tomorrow we'll see where Devils Lake is compared to the top teams in the state.

I'll predict:

Red River 4

Devils Lake 2

Ha ha, cmon now. Was this really their Stanley Cup? Was Central's Stanley Cup losing to South in a close game 4-1? That entire post may be the gayest thing I've ever read. This is high school hockey. Not everyone wins, not everyone gets treated equally. Isn't Lives right in saying that its Tyler Swanson and 19 below average players? Are you saying you disagree with that? Or is everything just sunshine and smiles to you?

I'm kind of excited to see how well Devils Lake does against Red River. I think Red River will win the game, but I think that DL will give them a good game. Al Henry will have his team ready to play, and after tomorrow we'll see where Devils Lake is compared to the top teams in the state.

I'll predict:

Red River 4

Devils Lake 2

I think it will be very funny if DL beats RR, top EDC teams just don't lose to Devils Lake. RR has proven that they are a beatable team though by squeaking through some close games against poorer teams. I can't wait to see when GPR and RR play in the beginning of January. I think GPR could very well pull out a win. Alex Gausted has already called the first goal, sniping

Arnason high glove and breaking his water bottle. The rest of GPR's offense will finish Arnason off with several more goals, finishing the route and leaving Arnason with a very burnt neck. Arnason hasn't proven anything yet playing very poor teams and I predict he will be nothing special when he goes up against decent teams.

You mean you played in the game. Another screen name we can add to the ever increasing list of Red River players on this site.

I was talking about DL and Grafton, not sure how Grafton sniping Arnason got into the mix.... :lol:

Looking at Gillen's website it looks like Arnason and Gilbertson (or something like that) share time in net for RR. Its always nice to have two goalies, and it looks like its worked so far for RR.

I also saw that they added a JV page for the newly created east region JV standings. I think this is a good idea. I'd definately be in favor of having a JV state tournament. I remember playing JV and when the high school plays their last game before regionals your season kind of ends. I'm sure that something could be done to have the top four east region jv squads play the top four west region jv squads in Jamestown or something while the regional tournaments are going on. That way teams couldn't stack their jv teams for the tournament.

Just an idea... :lol:

Ha ha, cmon now. Was this really their Stanley Cup? Was Central's Stanley Cup losing to South in a close game 4-1? That entire post may be the gayest thing I've ever read. This is high school hockey. Not everyone wins, not everyone gets treated equally. Isn't Lives right in saying that its Tyler Swanson and 19 below average players? Are you saying you disagree with that? Or is everything just sunshine and smiles to you?

I think it will be very funny if DL beats RR, top EDC teams just don't lose to Devils Lake. RR has proven that they are a beatable team though by squeaking through some close games against poorer teams. I can't wait to see when GPR and RR play in the beginning of January. I think GPR could very well pull out a win. Alex Gausted has already called the first goal, sniping

Arnason high glove and breaking his water bottle. The rest of GPR's offense will finish Arnason off with several more goals, finishing the route and leaving Arnason with a very burnt neck. Arnason hasn't proven anything yet playing very poor teams and I predict he will be nothing special when he goes up against decent teams.

I think you are dead wrong on that opinion. I also think Devils Lake will give Red River a better game than Grafton will. Maybe Arnason has not been tested as much some of the other goalies in the state, but in the games he has played, he has shown that he has the ability to make all the saves. He will be one of the top 3 goalies in the state come the end of the year...mark my words

RR plays DL at Purpur arena...7:30