SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dude, thanks for all the like good information but maybe next time if you could like leave out a few "likes," it would be easier to read.

Ok, end of rant...thanks dude

Haha. Just to clear somethings up that may be confusing to some fans/parents/players. The rules are not new. They are just being enforced as stated in the rulebook. They were not aggresively enforced that is why we believe they are "new". Technically, if you touch your stick to a player in any attempt other than to play the puck, it's a penalty. Whether you like it or not that's the way it is. The intent is not to slow the game down and make it choppy, the intent is to have it be a hockey game and not a wrestling match out there. In time it will open the game up and let the skill guys do there thing. Hopefully it will be the end of "Oh hey this guys 6'2" lets give him all the opportunity in the worl, he's not as fast or skilled as this 5'8" guy but we'll just have him clutch and grab and not have to take time to develop him."

Does anyone have any thoughts on the North/South game tonight??

I think it should be a good one, they always are!! Wish I could be there but I'm going to the Sioux game instead of my brother's game... I know, nice sister I am :angry:

You are passing up the North/South game? They consider that the big rivalry in Fargo.

You should be there for your brother. The Sioux will be here next weekend.

You are passing up the North/South game? They consider that the big rivalry in Fargo.

You should be there for your brother. The Sioux will be here next weekend.

Dont bother going to the South vs. North game, even though it is a rivalry and North is off to a good start im pretty sure south will put them in there place pretty quickly...The Sioux game should actually be close.

Dont bother going to the South vs. North game, even though it is a rivalry and North is off to a good start im pretty sure south will put them in there place pretty quickly...The Sioux game should actually be close.

Bother going. (Although it shouldn't be a bother)

It's not about the game, it's about a familymember playing in an important game.

I went to every one of my brothers home hockey games. When he was a senior, I went to EVERY game. I started taking his nephew (my son) to the games when he was 3 days old. To this day, we have conversations about how nice it was for him to have his family there to see him play. It's something that doesn't come around a second time.

Bother going. (Although it shouldn't be a bother)

It's not about the game, it's about a familymember playing in an important game.

I went to every one of my brothers home hockey games. When he was a senior, I went to EVERY game. I started taking his nephew (my son) to the games when he was 3 days old. To this day, we have conversations about how nice it was for him to have his family there to see him play. It's something that doesn't come around a second time.

First off to Siouxmama... Yes I know that's the big rivalry in Fargo, I went to North and went to every single North/South game for the last like 15 years. Those games are so much fun! I know my brother appreciates me being at his games, he tells me so after them. But I am already in Grand Forks staying with friends for the games this weekend and am visiting a friend in Crookston tomorrow, or else I would totally skip the Sioux game tonight and go watch him. Also, I can't go to the games next weekend because I will be at my uncle's wedding.

Second off to knowsall... "South will put them in their (not there) place"?? Your username is obviously correct, I mean you must know everything right :angry: I do realize that South is an awesome team, but who are you to bash a team after playing 4 games?? North may not have the greatest history of hockey (or any sport for that matter) but I think ya gotta give them somewhat of a chance. Even I don't think North's gunna win against South, we rarely ever do. But I'm still cheering for them. People give up too easily!

Anyways, have fun with whatever you all are doing later. Go Fargo North Spartans, and GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

First off to Siouxmama... Yes I know that's the big rivalry in Fargo, I went to North and went to every single North/South game for the last like 15 years. Those games are so much fun! I know my brother appreciates me being at his games, he tells me so after them. But I am already in Grand Forks staying with friends for the games this weekend and am visiting a friend in Crookston tomorrow, or else I would totally skip the Sioux game tonight and go watch him. Also, I can't go to the games next weekend because I will be at my uncle's wedding.

Second off to knowsall... "South will put them in their (not there) place"?? Your username is obviously correct, I mean you must know everything right :angry: I do realize that South is an awesome team, but who are you to bash a team after playing 4 games?? North may not have the greatest history of hockey (or any sport for that matter) but I think ya gotta give them somewhat of a chance. Even I don't think North's gunna win against South, we rarely ever do. But I'm still cheering for them. People give up too easily!

Anyways, have fun with whatever you all are doing later. Go Fargo North Spartans, and GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

Alright, If you are going to come on here and critique my spelling and grammar I'm fine with that. But when you start saying things like "ya gotta" and "gunna," right after you correct me, then it makes me laugh. Next order of business, I would'nt say I "bashed" Fargo North, I simply stated that I dont think the game will be close, but I appreciate you putting words into my mouth.

South 9, North 3. Lots of penalties...again. What else is new this year! Most of the goals were either powerplay or shorthanded. Kinda sloppy.

South dominated the game and they also had a lot of break-aways. North had no defense and really struggled between the pipes. Logan Doeden for south got ejected for a "checking from behind" penalty. The north player was lucky he didn't get hurt. Good call by the refs. South scored two goals while on that penalty kill. They were tons of odd man rushes. The only offense north had was their first line, scoring two of the goals. North started out ok with two quick goals answering right back from souths early lead, but south was quick to shut them down. Who had all the goals tonight? Anyone?

South dominated the game and they also had a lot of break-aways. North had no defense and really struggled between the pipes. Logan Doeden for south got ejected for a "checking from behind" penalty. The north player was lucky he didn't get hurt. Good call by the refs. South scored two goals while on that penalty kill. They were tons of odd man rushes. The only offense north had was their first line, scoring two of the goals. North started out ok with two quick goals answering right back from souths early lead, but south was quick to shut them down. Who had all the goals tonight? Anyone?

Graalum[sp?] had a hat trick. Other than that I'm not sure. I thought checking from behind was 2 and 10. Why did he get ejected?

im not so sure that it was a good call by the refs. it looked to me like the north player turned his shoulder while the south player was going to hit him. its tough to stop while you are in the motion of hitting someone...the original call was a boarding call, but the north captain talked the refs into a 5 min major and a game disqualification. i would like to hear what NDPride would have to say because i imagine he was at the game...South was definately the better team tonight, no doubt about it.

im not so sure that it was a good call by the refs. it looked to me like the north player turned his shoulder while the south player was going to hit him. its tough to stop while you are in the motion of hitting someone...the original call was a boarding call, but the north captain talked the refs into a 5 min major and a game disqualification. i would like to hear what NDPride would have to say because i imagine he was at the game...South was definately the better team tonight, no doubt about it.

A 2 and 10 probably would have been just fine. His head and neck landed on the boards. Head turned or not, he was hit hard from behind.

I was at the game and will make a couple of posts on the game. I saw the penalty as it happened right in front of me. I am not so sure it was a good call either. It was initially a boarding call but the player was apparently hurt so there was a delay while the trainer checked him out. Both captains were nearby after the play and the North captain did talk to the refs but I seriouly doubt that he had any impact on Brad Pratt and his crew. The South player who was ejected is not a cheap player at all - Logan Doeden. The North player did turn and, given the way these games are called the refs did have to make one - not an intentional penalty but given the way the play developed something had to be called. I am not going to second guess the refs as I assume that they had a good view at ice level. From what I saw a 2 minute boarding would have worked (or the 2 and 10 as well) but the apparent injury influenced the final call. The 5 minute major did not help North out one bit as South scored two short handed goals during that time. Given the athleticism of South it helped to open up the ice especially when the second and third lines for North were out there as they have little experience with power play situations.