SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. CC

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

Tough games for Goldy this weekend. Not lighting the world on fire with predicting that the Gophers might lose a game (or 2) this weekend with the teams coming to Mariucci. Although, the Gophers seem to match-up well against Michigan since they like to play the same style. MSU might give the Gophers some issues.

Please your playing the CCHA even with Briggs in net your team can win both games with ease.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I thought I was the only one who saw that! :silly: I'm suprised that Elliot/Eaves didn't put up more of a stink about it.

That was a blatant run the goalie play if I ever saw one, if that had happen to Minnesota Woog would have been up in arms. I can't believe they didn't review the goal at least. Elliot looked over at the refs like you have to be kidding me.

Just on a side note as much as Minnesota fans like to say that UND fans are halo's their fans sure do a lot of complaining in the stands when a ref misses a call. Also, even Woog said the officating on the interference was bs and it was against a Badger player.

That was a blatant run the goalie play if I ever saw one, if that had happen to Minnesota Woog would have been up in arms. I can't believe they didn't review the goal at least. Elliot looked over at the refs like you have to be kidding me.

Just on a side note as much as Minnesota fans like to say that UND fans are halo's their fans sure do a lot of complaining in the stands when a ref misses a call. Also, even Woog said the officating on the interference was bs and it was against a Badger player.

I knew it was a matter of time when Goon would say Elliott was run into by a Gopher player. If you look at the reply (not as a Sioux fan, but as a Hockey fan) it shows that number 10 of the Badgers (not sure of his name) shoved Carmen in the back which resulted in Carmen hitting Elliott. It was clearly shown on the Recap after the game.

I knew it was a matter of time when Goon would say Elliott was run into by a Gopher player. If you look at the reply (not as a Sioux fan, but as a Hockey fan) it shows that number 10 of the Badgers (not sure of his name) shoved Carmen in the back which resulted in Carmen hitting Elliott. It was clearly shown on the Recap after the game.

Usually bucky or slappy would be the first line of defense for the brown and yellow, congrat's you win tool of the day.

If you look at the reply (not as a Sioux fan, but as a Hockey fan) it shows that number 10 of the Badgers (not sure of his name) shoved Carmen in the back which resulted in Carmen hitting Elliott. It was clearly shown on the Recap after the game.

This would just be the status-quo then right?. The Gophers get pushed around on the ice all the time, why would getting a goal because of it change anything?

Didn't you say that the Gophers had an easy schedule the next few games? :silly: (see page 1) Well, MSU is #6 and Michigan is #7 for this weekends games. Tough games for Goldy this weekend. Not lighting the world on fire with predicting that the Gophers might lose a game (or 2) this weekend with the teams coming to Mariucci. Although, the Gophers seem to match-up well against Michigan since they like to play the same style. MSU might give the Gophers some issues.

michigan is usually overrated, last year they shouldnt have even made the playoffs. still a hard game though. they are not consistent in goal with sauer. msu will be more difficult. as for the rankings, they have to be a somewhat equal for each conference...i mean look at wisco, they arent even ranked now. thats bs, they are still a top 15 team in my opinion.

Hey Skippy,

I you look at the thread someone else brought it up. Also, I suppose Chris Dilks or aka Maize Raze is a moron too for saying it eh? Whatever, who the heck cares? Think what you want skippy. The gopher player appears to be Carmen (I don't remember which one) pretty much felt a Badger player give him a tap and he basically used it as an excuse to run over the badger goalie, personally I don't care how you spin it or what you feel about it but If I had been the Officals that goal probably wouldn't have counted, it definately would have gotten reviewed. The Gopher player didn't need to mow the goalie over.

Apparently Goofer fans have short memory because Wooger complained about the refs more than any other coach in the recent history of college hockey. Personally I don't blame him because his team took their share of crappy calls. Except now at least from my perspective the Gophers get the majority of the breaks. If you listen to Woog he has said that the officating has been questionable at times. I would be willing to bet if the shoe had been on the other foot last night the Goofer fans would have been crying.

I personally don't care because I hate both the Goofer and the BADgers so I was watching it from a fans perspective. Please don't tell us how to think Skippy.

michigan is usually overrated, last year they shouldnt have even made the playoffs. still a hard game though. they are not consistent in goal with sauer. msu will be more difficult. as for the rankings, they have to be a somewhat equal for each conference...i mean look at wisco, they arent even ranked now. thats bs, they are still a top 15 team in my opinion.

The CCHA is over rate top to bottom.

Least lammy will be back. And I'm sure he will be playing. Maybe if Grieco had a kick butt weekend it would be a battle for goalie this week, but of course thats not the deal so it should be an easy prediction for the spot :silly:

I agree that the #1 position, though pretty much all but promised Phil to start the season, is now Phil's to lose. This is not saying that Phil could keep it. I have seen flashes of greatness in every game Grieco's played in by him (except for last Friday's game). He can only improve and if he does, Phil may have some worrying to do next season.

I agree that the #1 position, though pretty much all but promised Phil to start the season, is now Phil's to lose. This is not saying that Phil could keep it. I have seen flashes of greatness in every game Grieco's played in by him (except for last Friday's game). He can only improve and if he does, Phil may have some worrying to do next season.

very true. Im sure itll be a goalie swat from game to game like it has been in the past. Not like Jordans last year at UND where he played most games, but the previous years where goalies would always swap..I hated that! Lammy will get the start this weekend and maybe grieco on saturday, unless lammy really tears it up...Thats just my opinion is all :silly:

And yes, lammy is back for sure, unless something happens this week

very true. Im sure itll be a goalie swat from game to game like it has been in the past. Not like Jordans last year at UND where he played most games, but the previous years where goalies would always swap..I hated that! Lammy will get the start this weekend and maybe grieco on saturday, unless lammy really tears it up...Thats just my opinion is all :silly:

And yes, lammy is back for sure, unless something happens this week

No. I predict we won't see much of Grieco when we play CC and UW. After that, though, we may see a little swapping here and there.

Come on, you can't honestly believe that Wisconsin is still a top 15 team right now. They are tied for 7th in their own league with 2 games in hand on St. Cloud. Their record is 4-8-2, that's a winning percentage of 36%. They are averaging 1.85 goals/game, Elliot hasn't looked quite as sharp as he was last year, and their defense isn't air-tight like it usually is. Did you happen to watch the UofM-Wisconsin games this past weekend on FSN? Wisconsin probably had a total of 10 minutes of sustained attack time in the UofM zone the entire weekend. They just don't have anyone to score. Period. Getting Skille as well as the others back will help, but not as much as they need. And how many games can Elliot steal for them this year? He's gotta be running out of luck here somewhat eventually. If he gives up 2 goals or more, there's probably a 90% that he will lose the game right now. That's gotta wear on a goaltender. Unless they find some big-time magic over there in Wisconsin, the defending champ. will not be in the National Tournament this year at all.

Hey Skippy,

I you look at the thread someone else brought it up. Also, I suppose Chris Dilks or aka Maize Raze is a moron too for saying it eh? Whatever, who the heck cares? Think what you want skippy. The gopher player appears to be Carmen (I don't remember which one) pretty much felt a Badger player give him a tap and he basically used it as an excuse to run over the badger goalie, personally I don't care how you spin it or what you feel about it but If I had been the Officals that goal probably wouldn't have counted, it definately would have gotten reviewed. The Gopher player didn't need to mow the goalie over.

Apparently Goofer fans have short memory because Wooger complained about the refs more than any other coach in the recent history of college hockey. Personally I don't blame him because his team took their share of crappy calls. Except now at least from my perspective the Gophers get the majority of the breaks. If you listen to Woog he has said that the officating has been questionable at times. I would be willing to bet if the shoe had been on the other foot last night the Goofer fans would have been crying.

I personally don't care because I hate both the Goofer and the BADgers so I was watching it from a fans perspective. Please don't tell us how to think Skippy.

Goon,

When did I call you a Moron? In your reply you just admitted that Carmen was tapped in the back while going to the net. I don't know if you have even played hockey before but if you are going full speed

towards the net and you get "tapped" from behind and you are a couple feet from the net it is nearly impossible to stop or veer away because you are so close to the net. As for being reviewed, you are right it should have been, but Hunt (Official) would have seen that Carmen WAS cross checked (tapped) from behind resulting in him hitting Elliott. As for Wooger complaining to the refs during his coaching days, he was just like any other coach. In fact a friend of mine was a linesmen (now a current official) during the Woog days and he told me Jeff Sauer was the biggest whiner of all the coaches and Woog was no different than the rest.

Please, Goon (or since you are calliing me Skippy, I will call you Loser) don't bring up the conspiracy that the Gophers get most of the breaks. The Gophers are penalized just as much as any other team in the league. Against Duluth the Dogs had 5 or 6 more power plays for the weekend than the Gophers. Wooger is right about the officials being questionable, they have been inconsistent for years.

You don't have to agree with me or not but this is my opinion Goon, I mean Loser.

The Gophers are penalized just as much as any other team in the league. Against Duluth the Dogs had 5 or 6 more power plays for the weekend than the Gophers. Wooger is right about the officials being questionable, they have been inconsistent for years.

You don't have to agree with me or not but this is my opinion Goon, I mean Loser.

Skippy you may have a hard time believing it but the number of penalties is not an indication of bias.

It's really a matter of how you call the game.

Calling bias (and of course there is such a thing as bias) is a tough thing to do. It's very easy as a fan to wonder why they called this holding on your team when they had three or four opportunities to call it on the other team. The problem is are you seeing it objectively, or through the eyes of a fan.

The larger problem is that the level of officiating is so low. You can't tell if a bad call is bias or is it just a crappy call. The fix is to insist that the professionals in the league rise to the level of the amateurs.

If every bad call was in favor of the Gophers you could certainly prove that bias. On the other hand if only 5 out of 7 bad calls were called in favor of the Gophs you can't prove anything.

Certainly the level of officiating is so low that nobody has any confidence in that call being the right call. Its easy to go from there to thinking that there is bias.

Goon,

When did I call you a Moron? In your reply you just admitted that Carmen was tapped in the back while going to the net. I don't know if you have even played hockey before but if you are going full speed

towards the net and you get "tapped" from behind and you are a couple feet from the net it is nearly impossible to stop or veer away because you are so close to the net. As for being reviewed, you are right it should have been, but Hunt (Official) would have seen that Carmen WAS cross checked (tapped) from behind resulting in him hitting Elliott. As for Wooger complaining to the refs during his coaching days, he was just like any other coach.

Whatever, the kid ran over the goalie because of he recieved a small tap which in my opinion didn't warrent running over the goalie, because your supposed to make an attempt to avoid contact with the goalie. But since you know a WCHA official your opinion is some how more legit. If anything since your a friend of an official that makes you tainted in my opinion. So from this point on we will have to agree to disagree with the blown call, that is what it was. The WCHA official blew the call. Seems funny how Goofer fans can whin about officials but everyone else are halo's. So this makes sense now your policing message boards to bad mouth anyone that disagrees with your assessment of the refs. Personally I think they are substandard, that is a legitimate view. I watch a lot of NHL hockey and they don't have a tenth of the problems the WCHA does with their officials.

Please, Goon (or since you are calliing me Skippy, I will call you Loser) don't bring up the conspiracy that the Gophers get most of the breaks. The Gophers are penalized just as much as any other team in the league. Against Duluth the Dogs had 5 or 6 more power plays for the weekend than the Gophers. Wooger is right about the officials being questionable, they have been inconsistent for years.

I find it funny that you tried to blame me for bringing up the Wisconsin goalie when in fact it was Sprig that brough it up first, I just happened to agree with him. I recommend you probably should jump all over him first. Lastly, your wrong, the Goofers are not penalized as much as UND, MSU-M or UND. In fact your the 6th

in the league. If Minnesota was the most penalized team in the WCHA heads would roll. Donny would be at the league office lodging a complaint.

Most Penalized

1 Denver 8 155 19.4

2 North Dakota 8 140 17.5

3 Minnesota Duluth 8 139 17.4

4 Minnesota State 8 138 17.2

5 Wisconsin 10 163 16.3

6 Minnesota 8 128 16.0

7 Alaska Anchorage 8 115 14.4

8 St. Cloud State 8 109 13.6

9 Michigan Tech 8 98 12.2

10 Colorado College 6 54 9.0

1. CC should present a good opportunity for UND to get going the right direction. They are not deep, they will probably play an open clean game, and their goalie (from the two games I've seen) isn't going to play like Lawson did last weekend.

2. Save your crying for when UND gets an iffy call, not UW. Reviewing isn't the answer, Hunt has to either call it or not call it. Pass interference (correctly) isn't reviewable, neither was this play.

1. CC should present a good opportunity for UND to get going the right direction. They are not deep, they will probably play an open clean game, and their goalie (from the two games I've seen) isn't going to play like Lawson did last weekend.

2. Save your crying for when UND gets an iffy call, not UW. Reviewing isn't the answer, Hunt has to either call it or not call it. Pass interference (correctly) isn't reviewable, neither was this play.

Hunt could have said he was going up stairs and ruled on the goal after watching the video. Sheppard did it against C.C. Seriously that is a reviewable call, if it isn't hey pull out the rule book and we will review it.

Personally Sagard I have no beef with you or about 70 percent of the Gopher fans but if your team had that goal called off most of you would have been singing a different tune. If you guys were the most penalized team you fans wouldn't being calling us Halos. Seriously. Like I said personally I hate both teams, I just want to see games called the way they are supposed to be called. The NHL manages to do this for the most part I don't see why the WCHA can't. Ok, enough for now.

From what I understand there was one this past weekend. Same situation.

I'm excited for this weekend, I have great seats for both games. Great people to go to the games with......

Now, if we could only skip the holiday and get on with the games.

I'm having a hard time keeping on task at work- it's like when I was a little kid and we were getting out of school for a break.

I have paperwork that needs to get done, and I ain't doing it!