SiouxSports.com Forum

UW's Nigel Williams leaves

WiSioux

I made a post last spring talking about how Wiscosins numbers didn't add up. They were bringing in to many Dmen. This proves it. This was a big loss because he would have been a great player by the end of his sophmore year and would have been a stud as a juniors & senior, kind of like Smaby.

He was recruited by everyone.

I made a post last spring talking about how Wiscosins numbers didn't add up. They were bringing in to many Dmen. This proves it. This was a big loss because he would have been a great player by the end of his sophmore year and would have been a stud as a juniors & senior, kind of like Smaby.

He was recruited by everyone.

Wisconsin only had 8 defenseman on the roster this season. How does Williams leaving right now prove anything about bringing in too many defensemen?

Numbers of defensemen for other teams in the league?

North Dakota-7.5 (Genoway is .5)

Minnesota-8

St. Cloud-10

CC-9

Denver-8

Tech-7

UMD-9

AA-9

MSU-7

Even next year with Williams Wisconsin would have only had 9, which at least 4 teams out of 9 in the league obviously excluding wisconsin already have.

Shocking that he left UW but it also sheds a lot of light on attitude.

Nigel probably thought he was going to come in and be a central figure on the blue line right away. Well, better his wakeup call come at UW than at NHL. I wonder if this is the reason why his draft stock fell from being a mid first round projection to getting drafted in the middle of the 2nd round?