SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Mavericks

Sioux-cia

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I found some for the locker room talk!!

"Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it. "

Herb Brooks: That look like hockey to you?

[pause]

Herb Brooks: To me it looks like two monkeys trying to hump a football.

Teams know they can get under UND's skin, and when that happens, the Sioux start playing sloppy and taking dumb penalties. We are our own worst enemy at this point of the season. The Sioux need to start developing some discipline and maturity...FAST! Because Mankato is hardly going to be UND's toughest opponent this season.

For Leah.

Herb Brooks: What the hell is wrong with you? Put your gear on!

[pause]Herb Brooks: I said put your gear on!

Rob McClanahan: Doc told me I can't play.

Herb Brooks: Yeah, yeah, yeah I know. You got a bad bruise. You know what put youre street clothes on because I got no time for quitters!

Mike Eruzione: Come on Herb! No body is quitting here!

Herb Brooks: You worry about your own game. Plenty there to keep you busy.

Herb Brooks: A bruise on the leg is a hell of a long way from the heart, candy ass.

Rob McClanahan: What'd you call me?

Herb Brooks: You heard me!

Rob McClanahan: You want me to play huh? Is that what you want?

Herb Brooks: I want you to be a hockey player!

Rob McClanahan: I AM A HOCKEY PLAYER! YOU WANT ME TO PLAY ON ONE LEG? HUH? I'LL PLAY ON ONE LEG!

Herb Brooks: [walking out of the locker room with McClanahan still screaming] That'll get him going.

Craig Patrick: O yeah. I'll clean up!