SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux lines

SIOUXELEVENS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why no love for Porter?

I agree with rw77 ( :glare: )....Porter could have a very good year if he is paired with the right players.

I think that once the team starts finding their scoring touch, Porter will start to add to his point total nicely. His goal against WI was very nice...picked the top corner on Elliott from the slot.

And I think that every team (and line) needs a player like him...always hustling, moving, grinding the corners, getting in front of the net looking for loose pucks to slam home.

If I were Hakstol, I would keep him on the 1st or 2nd line for those reasons.

Why no love for Porter?

I agree with rw77 ( :glare: )....Porter could have a very good year if he is paired with the right players.

I think that once the team starts finding their scoring touch, Porter will start to add to his point total nicely. His goal against WI was very nice...picked the top corner on Elliott from the slot.

And I think that every team (and line) needs a player like him...always hustling, moving, grinding the corners, getting in front of the net looking for loose pucks to slam home.

If I were Hakstol, I would keep him on the 1st or 2nd line for those reasons.

I can understand the lack of love.

Porter has played with plenty of talented players over the years and hasn't contributed to the level he should have since his freshman year and therefore he's where he deserves to be. For crying out loud, he's the captain and he can't consistently break the top line or be a steady contributor on the power play. He needs to earn it and IMHO, he hasn't.

Perhaps he should hold Hak accountable for his lackluster career then... ???

I can understand the lack of love.

Porter has played with plenty of talented players over the years and hasn't contributed to the level he should have since his freshman year and therefore he's where he deserves to be. For crying out loud, he's the captain and he can't consistently break the top line or be a steady contributor on the power play. He needs to earn it and IMHO, he hasn't.

Perhaps he should hold Hak accountable for his lackluster career then... :love:

I guess I will have to disagree with you. If that is the case, what does it say about guys like Peter Armbrust or Ryan Hale. ??? Of these two, only Peter Armbrust scored 10 goals in one season (his freshman season)

Last year he was on the checking line.

His freshman year he only put up 10 goals.

During his sophomore year, he put up 12 goals.

He put up 25 points his freshman year... and his junior year he only put up 22 points.... while commonly being on a line with Prpich and Fabian. OH! And another interesting factoid, Chris Porter has never been lower than 9th on the team in scoring.

Oshie, Parise, and Bochenski comes along and suddenly if you don't score 20+ goals in a season, you suck.

I guess I don't know what you expect from Porter. I think he's done just fine.

However, it sure is nice that we have Hakstol behind the bench. We'd hardly have a team with some of these people that post on these boards.

Floating up the river the past few years would be:

Porter

Watkins

Kozek

Smaby

Greene

Jordan Parise

Phil Lamoureaux

Jake Brandt

Joe Finley

Brian Lee

Rylan Kaip

Kyle Radke

Prpich

Am I missing anyone? :glare:

EDIT: I will not back down from the point I was trying to make but I will take out a lot of the cynicism. I thought I went a little too far with it. My apologies iceberg and SS.com readers.

Hmmm.... Guess that says a lot about guys like Peter Armbrust or Ryan Hale. :glare: BTW- Of these two, only Peter Armbrust scored 10 goals in one season (his freshman season)

Last year he was on the checking line.

His freshman year he only put up 10 goals.

His sophomore year sucked as he only put up 12 goals.

WHoops!

Oh. Sad thing is.... He put up 25 points his freshman year... and his junior year he only put up 22 points.... while commonly being on a line with Prpich and Fabian. OH! And another interesting factoid, Chris Porter has never been lower than 9th on the team in scoring for the team. I dunno.... seems pretty crappy to me. :rolleyes:

Don't you hate facts?

Oshie comes along and suddenly if you don't score 20+ goals in a season, you suck.

Nice thing we have Hakstol behind the bench. We'd hardly have a team with some of these people that post on these boards.

Floating up the river the past few years would be:

Porter

Watkins

Kozek

Smaby

Greene

Jordan Parise

Phil Lamoureaux

Jake Brandt

Joe Finley

Brian Lee

Rylan Kaip

Kyle Radke

Prpich

Am I missing anyone? ???

This was too hard to read, put down the bottle... :love:;)