SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux lines

SIOUXELEVENS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may be playing with guys that don't compliment his skills, but you made it sound like you wanted to rip his head off or something. :glare:

I don't want to rip his head off but I'm certainly not impressed with how he's developed since his freshman year. I believe we all had higher expectations for him as he entered his Jr. Sr. years. IMO the guys that compliment his skills (speed and physical play) are other grinders.

I don't understand the bashing of VandeVelde. I was at both games, and in my opinion he was one of the best forwards for the Sioux on both nights. He really raised his game and tried to set the tone. Sure, he took that checking from behind penalty. But don't you think there was a reason he was still in the lineup on saturday? He played very well IMO. He deserves to be in the lineup because of that play. He looked much faster and confident this past weekend.

As for Martens dressing, he really hasn't shown a whole lot during games to show he should get to dress. He scored once, but thats about all he did. You all have to remember too that a lot of who dresses depends on the practices that none of us see. It's not just games.

if were basing this on who scored then we have to sit oshie this weekend cause he didnt score last weekend. Martens showed some smarts last week and seemed more developed than Vandevelde has been. He took a very very stupid CFB penalty, and imo that should have been his second one in two games (i think it was one against wisconsin). I'm not bashing vandevelde, and yes im calling it as i see it, but I have not seen him playing as smart as martens has

So what your saying is we shouldn't have any opinions we should just go by yours :glare: cause you seem to blurt yours out on ths message board.

This coming from one of the biggest whiners I've had the displeasure of meeting ? I'm just trying to get in on the player bashing, it must be the new "in" thing to do. Oh, did I just blurt that out, sorry.

Toews, Duncan, Porter Martens or Bishop or Forney or Vandevelde or Walski, basically anyone else would be better..

Oshie, Kozek, Watkins

Kaip, Fabian, Porter

Zajac, Miller, Bishop

PP1: Oshie, Toews, Duncan

D: Lee/Chorney

PP2: Watkins, Kozek, Kaip/Porter

D: Radke/Finley

Porter does not belong on a top line or on the power play....period!

But a guy who has 3 career goals in Kaip does? I still can't figure that one out.

This coming from one of the biggest whiners I've had the displeasure of meeting ? I'm just trying to get in on the player bashing, it must be the new "in" thing to do. Oh, did I just blurt that out, sorry.

Biggest whiner please. After you put more then three years as a fan lets talk short timer ???

Biggest whiner please. After you put more then three years as a fan lets talk short timer ???

Yeah, well I'd rather be a good fan for three years than one that keeps breaking their legs jumping off the band wagon for twenty. Any way let me see if I got this straight..........raynman blurting out opinions on message board=A-OK with 100% credibility. Triouxper or anyone else=raynman getting upset and not OK. I'll make a mental note of this.

Yeah, well I'd rather be a good fan for three years than one that keeps breaking their legs jumping off the band wagon for twenty. Any way let me see if I got this straight..........raynman blurting out opinions on message board=A-OK with 100% credibility. Triouxper or anyone else=raynman getting upset and not OK. I'll make a mental note of this.

When have I ever Jumped off the bandwagon? I have missed and handful of home games since 1983 I guess that is a bandwagon fan oh well. You can't win a pi$$ing match with a skunk can you ???

PS when have I said anything about anyones opinion? even yours

When have I ever Jumped off the bandwagon? I have missed and handful of home games since 1983 I guess that is a bandwagon fan oh well. You can't win a pi$$ing match with a skunk can you ???

PS when have I said anything about anyones opinion? even yours

What do you mean when did you say anything about opinions ? Check a few posts back. As far as the number of games you've been to, congrats. I was in 7th grade(back in Bismarck) in 1983 so please excuse me for the late start. I would hope you could come up with a better slam than "you've only been a fan for 3 years", but that might be giving you a little bit too much credit. :love:

What do you mean when did you say anything about opinions ? Check a few posts back. As far as the number of games you've been to, congrats. I was in 7th grade(back in Bismarck) in 1983 so please excuse me for the late start. I would hope you could come up with a better slam than "you've only been a fan for 3 years", but that might be giving you a little bit too much credit. :love:

I got nothin. Sony wins again

I wonder if there are any topics where PCM cannot interject a smiley in on? :glare:

And, as per usual, I object to Porter not being first or second line material. Porter has already had some REALLY good games this season even being called out on his great play over the radio by Hakstol himself. WHenever he comes up in conversation in an interview with a different player that player is always saying something good about Porter. Is Porter a top threat scoring talent? No. Not at all.

But let me add an NHL "twist" to this. In Pittsburgh, Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin play on a line with Colby Armstrong. Yeah, last year (Colby's rookie season) he scored 16 goals and 24 assists, but that's HARDLY Malkin or Crosby type numbers. In fact, Armstrong isn't all that fast nor is he all that big time of a stick handler. What he DOES do well is grind away around the net and park himself in front of the net consistently. Don't you think Porter can leave all the fancy stick handling and the fast skating to Duncan and Oshie? He does have the grit and the grinding ability to head to the net all the time and he does have an OK shot to boot!

The first line doesn't HAVE to be the fastest, best stick handling offensive talent on the team. We need some of that on the second line and fourth line as well!

I think Porter would make a good fit on the first line for that reason.

I think Porter could be a double digit scoring talent (like Armstrong) if used properly. He'll never lead the team in any offensive category. However, Hakstol said in this week's coach's show that they need to rely more on the work ethic of the team. From day 1 with the Sioux Porter has had one of the best work ethic on the team. Let's see what Duncan and Oshie can do for it!