SiouxSports.com Forum

prospective recruits

UND92,96

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how seriously UND ever recruited him, but Andrew Blacklance from Thief River Falls is apparently going to Northern Iowa, per this blog.

I know some Big 10 schools were looking at him, but I am surprised he went even as high as IAA. I thought DII would be a good level of play for his size and ability. St Cloud and NDSU were both offering partial money and both pulled their offers a couple of weeks ago. I hope he does well with UNI.

I know some Big 10 schools were looking at him, but I am surprised he went even as high as IAA. I thought DII would be a good level of play for his size and ability. St Cloud and NDSU were both offering partial money and both pulled their offers a couple of weeks ago. I hope he does well with UNI.

Are you saying that UND did not offer him any financial help?

Are you saying that UND did not offer him any financial help?

There would have been some money offered academically, but none at this point for football. He was told that if he earned his way into getting some playing time they would give some money. SCSU offered a full ride and pulled it a few weeks ago. I am not sure if this had anything to do with the transition to the NSIC or not. No clue how much money ndsu was thinking but I imagine they found the recruits they were going after and then pulled their offer to Andrew.

There would have been some money offered academically, but none at this point for football. He was told that if he earned his way into getting some playing time they would give some money. SCSU offered a full ride and pulled it a few weeks ago. I am not sure if this had anything to do with the transition to the NSIC or not. No clue how much money ndsu was thinking but I imagine they found the recruits they were going after and then pulled their offer to Andrew.

I've heard that UNI is pretty high on him, but it seems weird that they'd really think that a kid from this neck of the woods who isn't (apparently) heavily recruited by UND and/or NDSU is good enough to play for them.

I never knew UNI recruited northern MN. I though they got a couple guys from southern MN and that was it.

*EDIT just looked at their roster. A few guys from the twin cities (2 of which are U of MN transfers), a guy from Rochester and a guy from Saint Cloud

Apparently, they're starting to recruit some in northern MN. I'm pretty sure Brackins visited there, also.