SiouxSports.com Forum

Top 10 Hockey Hot Spots in North America (ESPN)

southpaw

saw this on espn.com

Top 10 Hockey Hot Spots in North America

UND/The Ralph makes an appearance, with the following write-up:

COLLEGE GAME AT GRAND FORKS, NORTH DAKOTA

The University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux are the biggest athletic act in the state. They play their Western Collegiate Hockey Association home games in what might be not only the nicest arena in college hockey, but also in the sport -- the 11,406-seat Ralph Engelstad Arena.

It would be wise not to say anything nice about the NCAA, and certainly not about the organization's PC-driven crackdown on nicknames.

its not legit,

i live in portland, OR and winterhawks game are absolutely the farthest thing from a top 10 site.

(cool logo though) :D

I went to a Portland and Seatle game in the Rose Garden in 1988 and the place was packed.

Portland was a fun place to see a game. Your probably right its not a top ten site to see a game.

I went to a Portland and Seatle game in the Rose Garden in 1988 and the place was packed.

Portland was a fun place to see a game. Your probably right its not a top ten site to see a game.

agreed, games held in the rose garden are much nicer, they only play about 5 or 6 games there a year.

Might be nice to show that ESPN quote to Craig Bohl. Thats an outside source confirming what North Dakota team holds the spotlight.

Well they have feasted on some questionable Division one AA teams this season, but have looked good doing it. But, I will take UND hockey over the Bision. I would love to see them play the Sioux so we could judge how good the Bison really are.