SiouxSports.com Forum

Jack Johnson Traded

Sioux_Hab-it

Per the link the Canes just traded Johnson to LA. This clearly demonstatrates that when it comes to high draft picks a players personal interests or preferences clearly come second.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=179262&hubname=

Are you sure about that Sioux-Habit. What about these players and their "dreams" :blush: Don't "dreams" count for anything, anymore ?

Per the link the Canes just traded Johnson to LA. This clearly demonstatrates that when it comes to high draft picks a players personal interests or preferences clearly come second.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=179262&hubname=

yeah, its sick how they "care" about their prospects on most teams...i dont understand why they dont like giving the players free experience in the ncaa, as opposed to paying a bunch of em to stock up their farm teams...but sometimes it makes sense too...i just dont like it, as im an ncaa hockey fan.

Well no offence to any Kings fans on this site but I would have to believe that any of Johnson's hockey dreams didn't include California. :lol:

It appears that Carolina pulled the plug too quickly on Jack Johnson because they were trying to get him to sign and he wanted to stay in school. From reading on line it appeared that Carolina really was short defensemen and I can't for the life of me figure out why they gave up on him. Big mistake for the Cains.

I really don't understand this either, other than the Canes were not happy that he didn't sign with them when they wanted to.

Must have been something else going on between Johnson and the Canes management, because on the surface, this whole thing looks like a steal for the Kings, without a lot of long term upside for Carolina.

Must have been something else going on between Johnson and the Canes management, because on the surface, this whole thing looks like a steal for the Kings, without a lot of long term upside for Carolina.

Kevin McCarthy who coaches the defence at Carolina is a pretty smart guy. Maybe he saw something he didn't like. Who knows?

I'm not a huge hockey guy, wondering why they draft the way they do? Why don't they draft when kids are ready to go into the NHL and not pretty much when they have graduated from high school. I'm not big fan the way MLB and NHL drafts go, and like how the NFL and NBA drafts are run. Just wondering? Because usually when a team gets a high pick it means the stink you wanna draft for somebody who can help you now and in the future, not just the future right?? Just wondering about others thoughts on it?

I'm not a huge hockey guy, wondering why they draft the way they do? Why don't they draft when kids are ready to go into the NHL and not pretty much when they have graduated from high school. I'm not big fan the way MLB and NHL drafts go, and like how the NFL and NBA drafts are run. Just wondering? Because usually when a team gets a high pick it means the stink you wanna draft for somebody who can help you now and in the future, not just the future right?? Just wondering about others thoughts on it?

i believe the draft has a age limit on being drafted. 18 or something if im not mistaken. someone else can elaborate on this

you have to play out your junior year in college to enter the nfl draft

you have to be 1 year out of high school in the nba draft

you can get drafted a couple times in baseball. once in highschool and then if you choose college i believe you have to go 3 years and then enter the draft again.

i may be off on a little but this is pretty close

Like maybe the way that Lucia and staff work with and "develop" their defensemen . . . .

I'm not sure if the Gophers have anything to do with this. Jack Johnson was a Michigan Wolverine (still is at this time, which I think is the problem Carolina wished to remedy).

It has nothing to do with how Lucia develops defensemen... unless I'm misreading you?

I'm not sure if the Gophers have anything to do with this. Jack Johnson was a Michigan Wolverine (still is at this time, which I think is the problem Carolina wished to remedy).

It has nothing to do with how Lucia develops defensemen... unless I'm misreading you?

My bad Red. I always confuse those Johnson boys. I was thinking that Jack was Erik.

Never mind. This said, Lucia will have his chance to prove that he knows how to coach,

and develop, a potentially solid d-corps this year.