SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockeys Futures top 50 prospects

driscol

To be fair I don't think Slap Shot was saying Oshie deserves to be rated lower due to his age. I think he was grasping at a potential explanation. SS also indicated it seemed he should be rated higher.

I never grasp, I fondle!

You have it right though - I was just batting around a reason why he might have been rated that low. Not because I think he should be that low, but rather that I think he should be higher. Oh well, as a Gophers fan I suppose I should hope that they're correct?

:D

#45 doesn't seem low to me. I would assume this would mean he would project to a 1st line NHL forward at some point. Few players in the world get that opportunity.

It may have been more diplomatic if the writer would have mentioned people are interested to see how Oshie will fare with the WCHA setting game plans around him next season.

It may have been more diplomatic if the writer would have mentioned people are interested to see how Oshie will fare with the WCHA setting game plans around him next season.

But can't you say that about pretty much any freshman who has a good first season in the WCHA? Most of those players will obviously be asked to shoulder a greater load their second year and will obviously attract more attention. It's not something that applies only to Oshie.

#45 doesn't seem low to me. I would assume this would mean he would project to a 1st line NHL forward at some point. Few players in the world get that opportunity.

Yeah, if you figure 30 teams #45 would place him as some teams #2 overall prospect (on average). This is really good for a college sophamore. :D

Yeah, if you figure 30 teams #45 would place him as some teams #2 overall prospect (on average). This is really good for a college sophamore. :D

I was thinking "too low" with respect to what players were rated ahead of them that perhaps should have been behind him? It's all subjective of course and nothing to be ashamed of at all. I think most of us agree his future is extremely bright.

It looks to me like he is HF's 20th-25th forward. Goalies and D are on that list as well. The list covers several draft years as you are a prospect until you play 65 NHL games or so.

Oshie is going to be a stud this year, a top ten finalist for the Hobey Baker Award. Oshie for Hobey 2007!!!

I'd be surprised if he's not a finalist. Even though he'll only be a soph., there's no way he won't be sitting in the front row at the HB ceremony. Unfortunately for him and Toews, they'll be sitting right next to each other, and again, two deserving Hobey winners will be splitting the vote to make way for a Hockey East finalist to take home the award.

This of course is only preseason speculation :silly: ...But I will take even money on this...

While I'm make preseason predictions, Oshie, Toews, and Duncan will up their production from 120 points, to 170 points, with (this is the big prediction) Duncan having 1/3+ of those points.

LETS GO SIOUX!

If they had to do it to keep Gaborik around and happy, then it was worth it.

Superstar in his prime vs. potential superstar. I don't think this trade is really that bad. Especially if it keeps marion around. Keep in mind that Dimitra is 31 which means that he may have alot of good seasons left in him.

Superstar in his prime vs. potential superstar. I don't think this trade is really that bad. Especially if it keeps marion around. Keep in mind that Dimitra is 31 which means that he may have alot of good seasons left in him.

I don't know... if O'Sullivan turns out to be a superstar, wouldn't you want him to be setting up Gaborik and vice versa?

I highly doubt Gaborik is another Kobe Bryant. I'm sure he realizes that this is a team effort not just a circus show with Gaborik as the headliner (ala the LA Lakers and Kobe).

I don't know how well this trade is going to work out. I still think the Wild lack scoring depth and I still think that LeMaire isn't good at coaching offense. Fernandez is finally the #1 goaltender and we'll see if that's such a good idea or if platooning in Roloson really boosted Fernandez's play.

IMO, the Wild aren't playoff material. But they may be closer than last year.

I don't know... if O'Sullivan turns out to be a superstar, wouldn't you want him to be setting up Gaborik and vice versa?

I highly doubt Gaborik is another Kobe Bryant. I'm sure he realizes that this is a team effort not just a circus show with Gaborik as the headliner (ala the LA Lakers and Kobe).

I don't know how well this trade is going to work out. I still think the Wild lack scoring depth and I still think that LeMaire isn't good at coaching offense. Fernandez is finally the #1 goaltender and we'll see if that's such a good idea or if platooning in Roloson really boosted Fernandez's play.

IMO, the Wild aren't playoff material. But they may be closer than last year.

If the wild are winners, it will just kill you won't it? :silly:;)