SiouxSports.com Forum

Video Webcasts

bincitysioux

If you go to the website for the Ralph, and click on the Video Webcast link, it brings up only the television schedule for the FSSN this year. Same page as the Cable TV link. It doesn't mention anything about internet webcasts or Dataflix. I wonder if they are dropping the video webcasting, or better yet, working a deal with a new video provider?

If you go to the website for the Ralph, and click on the Video Webcast link, it brings up only the television schedule for the FSSN this year. Same page as the Cable TV link. It doesn't mention anything about internet webcasts or Dataflix. I wonder if they are dropping the video webcasting, or better yet, working a deal with a new video provider?

someone will just have to call the ralph and ask, hope they have something, hell i will even take dataflix :silly:

Some problems last year, but also better support. I remember early in the season, some of us paid for the package, but had no links to the games. That was a major FUBAR.

However, once that was fixed, some actual support was available for other games. I certainly hope UND does not drop internet video altogether. In fact, they ought to make it free. Builds goodwill amongst the alumni, you know.

Some problems last year, but also better support. I remember early in the season, some of us paid for the package, but had no links to the games. That was a major FUBAR.

However, once that was fixed, some actual support was available for other games. I certainly hope UND does not drop internet video altogether. In fact, they ought to make it free. Builds goodwill amongst the alumni, you know.

Agreed...

I also had the season package. I had a few initial problems and one or two problems later in the season but overall, a much better system than previous years.

That would be something if they did end up offering a free internet feed. But, even if they didn't, I'd still pay the approxmately $70.00 (or whatever they'll be charging in 2006-2007) for the season package (Nothing updated on the Dataflix site as of yet). They know they gotcha right where they want you. But hey, I gotta watch the Sioux any way that's possible!

Just a few more weeks! The smell of Sioux hockey is in the air!!!

How is the quality of the internet feed? Much jumping/freezing or anything like that? Video quality?

Thanks for your help!

Don't expect HD quality that's for sure. It's not high quality and if you expand the video to full screen, it becomes much more grainy. I never had too many problems freezing up or jumping.

I've seen much better internet feeds than Dataflix and I guess for the amount of money you may spend and that it's the UND Fighting Sioux, you'd just want/expect the best.

I can't complain too much (except when I encounter problems) because I just want to see the Sioux games.

I'm hoping they improve the quality this time around and at times I think what they have offered should be free...

the dataflix is what it is, it was better last season to me as i have gotten the package 3 years in a row. the only reason it was cheaper at 69.99 rather than 99.99 is because they cut out road broadcasts which sucked but understandable as those were pretty bad in some arenas that didnt have more than 1 camera. it is worth it just to be able to see sioux hockey wherever you live so hopefully it is offered up again.i have wathced other webcasts such as maines and a few more that were a bit better in quality and free. i have no problem with paying but make sure it works and if it does not then take care of the people who have paid for this service and refund them per game basis, its not that hard.

• 2 weeks later...
any news regarding the dataflix service? it doesnt appear to be updated on the dataflix website. im sure the way they do things it will be updated the morning of the game :silly:

I sent an e-mail inquiring about the status of Dataflix on September 10th and still have not received a reply... a great way of doing business! ;) Less than 10 days bfore the Manitoba game. I was hoping to watch it...

I sent an e-mail inquiring about the status of Dataflix on September 10th and still have not received a reply... a great way of doing business! ;) Less than 10 days bfore the Manitoba game. I was hoping to watch it...

Same thing every year with these guys. I don't think UND realizes how a little quality and customer service would vastly improve their product. I mean Christ, there are ready and willing customers flat out begging to pay money for a service and it always seems to be put on the back burner.