SiouxSports.com Forum

why hockey is so much better than Soccer

Fetch

not sure if there are any kiddies on this site but if so be aware of the site above when clicking on it :ohmy:

I KNOW!! I was at work when I clicked on the site. My first thought was, 'WTF!!' Then I quickly looked around to make sure no one had walked into my office, PHEW!!!! :crazy:

I KNOW!! I was at work when I clicked on the site. My first thought was, 'WTF!!' Then I quickly looked around to make sure no one had walked into my office, PHEW!!!! :crazy:

:ohmy::huh: yeah a warning is needed for sure if you happened to check this at work :0

Sure, but have you ever seen footage of riots that soccer games can cause?

Although, that's not the game, but the fans.

hell, many stadiums overseas have a fricken barb wire fence and a mote that seperates the fans from the fields, crazyyyy :ohmy:

but have you ever seen footage of riots that soccer games can cause?

Yeah & that one site has some of those videos - in the one called humanity @ it's worst - But it is so graphic I'm not linking to it :crazy:

Soccer is for pansies who can't play hockey. That is all. :crazy:

I'd prefer to shorten that to read "soccer is for pansies" period.

Imagine the Stanley Cup decided in a goal shoot-out where the shooters line up the puck about ten feet from the goalie and fire a slap shot. Absolutely ridiculous. I watched the second half of the World Cup France/Italy final and couldn't help but wondering "what the hell does the rest of the world see in this sport?".

I'd prefer to shorten that to read "soccer is for pansies" period.

Imagine the Stanley Cup decided in a goal shoot-out where the shooters line up the puck about ten feet from the goalie and fire a slap shot. Absolutely ridiculous. I watched the second half of the World Cup France/Italy final and couldn't help but wondering "what the hell does the rest of the world see in this sport?".

There are a number of players and coaches in the NHL that played both soccer and hockey growing up. Dave Tippet of the Dallas Stars (and a former Sioux) was one of them.

The game of soccer for the most part is fine. What is ruining it is the diving/simulation which apparently is going to be addressed before the next World Cup.

You can learn a lot by playing two sports. You tend to become a little more aware of individual and team tactics.

There are a number of players and coaches in the NHL that played both soccer and hockey growing up. Dave Tippet of the Dallas Stars (and a former Sioux) was one of them.

The game of soccer for the most part is fine. What is ruining it is the diving/simulation which apparently is going to be addressed before the next World Cup.

You can learn a lot by playing two sports. You tend to become a little more aware of individual and team tactics.

My only point is given hockey or soccer as a choice, how more people aren't completely in love with hockey is beyond me.

90+ minutes of soccer nets Italy 5 scoring chances and France 11. Please, wake me when it's over. And if I have to hear Zidane defend his head-butt because a player was making comments about his mommy again, I'm gonna throw up.

I was at ice level several times at the Ralph during during the World Juniors. What were the hockey players of other nationalities doing? Kicking around soccer balls. If fact, if I remember correctly, a group of Holy Cross players were doing the same thing before their game with Minnesota.

I was at ice level several times at the Ralph during during the World Juniors. What were the hockey players of other nationalities doing? Kicking around soccer balls. If fact, if I remember correctly, a group of Holy Cross players were doing the same thing before their game with Minnesota.

Real hockey players would have been tossing an American football around. :crazy:

There are many reasons why hockey is so much better than soccer, but that is not one of them. That is an ugly and classless incident that blemishes an otherwise great game.

How is the "Carmen Electra Hot Photoshoot" a blemish to the game of hockey? :crazy: