SiouxSports.com Forum

Blarney's

Siouxman

I think there are two possible solutions to the various situations at hand:

1. The Gophers hockey team should be suspended from all play for 3 years (for the Blarney's/tickets incidents) and the Sioux hockey team should be suspended from all play until they erase all Sioux symbols and change their nickname.

or

2. Neither team should be suspended from any of their regular hockey schedules/eligibilities and idiots (yes 65% of you all) must refrain from issuing time-wasting biased opinions on college hockey blogs.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, you're talking about an outright ban on the Minnesota Gopher hockey program for an entire post-season of play for these transgressions? At the same time, felons and felons-to-be take the football field every Saturday for storied schools like Virginia Tech, Marshall, Miami, and Florida State and the NCAA turns a blind eye. Should the Hokies be banned from post-season play because their QB was arrested for driving after suspension and for brandishing a weapon on someone? I know the NCAA does some obviously stupid things, but if this had happened in Grand Forks, you'd have sagard's opinion on the matter. Don't let your hatred of Minnesota cloud your mind. I'm no Gopher fan, but the penalty in this matter is likely to be greater for Blarneys' owner than it is for the players or the program.

Agreed, I see your point. The penalty should fit the crime.

I think there are two possible solutions to the various situations at hand:

1. The Gophers hockey team should be suspended from all play for 3 years (for the Blarney's/tickets incidents) and the Sioux hockey team should be suspended from all play until they erase all Sioux symbols and change their nickname.

or

2. Neither team should be suspended from any of their regular hockey schedules/eligibilities and idiots (yes 65% of you all) must refrain from issuing time-wasting biased opinions on college hockey blogs.

like this one

Agreed, I see your point. The penalty should fit the crime.

I knew you'd come around. I see you're practically my neighbor...whaddya say we meet up with Greyeagle, sagard, and siouxguyinstpaul at Blarney's at about 6:00 tonite for Happy Hour and discuss the possible sanctions with the underage Gopher hockey players themselves?

You'd ban U of small m from hosting a regional because a couple of players got busted for underage drinking?

No, but maybe trading tickets for free booze/cover charges, etc. People keep saying this is about underage drinking but I think the serious aspect is how the athletes traded on their athletiness.

I agree that underage drinking at Blarney's would not be an offense that the NC$$ is likely to jump on. BUT that was only one of the numerous NC$$ violations occurring at the same time, same place, by the same athletes.

Looking at them all at once rather than one at a time equals a big friggin' deal (if an investigation proves they happened) and UMTC should be given some sort of sanctions by the NC$$. I agree what happened at Blarney's is minor when compared to other schools NC$$'s violations. But, they were violations! I'm not asking for their banners to be stripped off their ceiling or for Goldy to face the firing squad but if there is suppose to be equality (yeah, I know, big joke) among the member schools the NC$$ better come up with something.

I agree that underage drinking at Blarney's would not be an offense that the NC$$ is likely to jump on. BUT that was only one of the numerous NC$$ violations occurring at the same time, same place, by the same athletes.

Looking at them all at once rather than one at a time equals a big friggin' deal (if an investigation proves they happened) and UMTC should be given some sort of sanctions by the NC$$. I agree what happened at Blarney's is minor when compared to other schools NC$$'s violations. But, they were violations! I'm not asking for their banners to be stripped off their ceiling or for Goldy to face the firing squad but if there is suppose to be equality (yeah, I know, big joke) among the member schools the NC$$ better come up with something.

here - here

No offense to tUMD faithful that post on here but if any mascot is going to be shot it should be the "Maroon Loon". Whatever the origin of that costume is I can assure you that alcohol was involved, a lot of alcohol, and possibly a really stupid bet.

Fox 9 news just released a picture of three Gopher hockey recruits whooping it up at Blarney's this past weekend...

song.gif

Questions

1. Were they 21 or over?

2. Did they pay their own cover charge?

3. Did they pay for their own alcohol?

4. Were they accompanied by UMTC staff, alumni, boosters, athletes, and/or anyone that has cheered for the Gophers who is not a relative?

Yes to the first three>no big deal. No to any of the first three and yes to the last, BIG FRIGGIN' DEAL!!!

I knew you'd come around. I see you're practically my neighbor...whaddya say we meet up with Greyeagle, sagard, and siouxguyinstpaul at Blarney's at about 6:00 tonite for Happy Hour and discuss the possible sanctions with the underage Gopher hockey players themselves?

Hey MM, you do realize you've already met sioux7>5, don't you?

A little bird told me some big changes will be coming for the Gopher hockey team...