SiouxSports.com Forum

Rough day for Toews @ the combine

degroat

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here you go, from the same TSN link:

4:00pm et - Phil Kessel struggled with the aerobic testing on the bike. Like Toews, he required a bucket after the VO2 Max test. It was noted by some observers that the college players generally fared worse in the aerobic tests because most have not played since early April. Some junior prospects were still playing in late May or even into June. Kessel was happier with his strength testing.

I take it you've never done an anaerobic workout if you are surprised that Toews threw up on the stationary bike.

Just to be clear, there is a big difference between riding a stationary bike and a VO2 max test. That test is absolute murder, and vomiting is not that unusual. The vomiting afterward is not nearly as important as the score.

If I'm not mistaken (and I often am) Lance Armstrong recently set the world record in this test.

One time, at summer camp, I puked after only two beers. But, they were Old Mills. And, I "shot" them both one right after the other. And I was only 16. And I was trying to keep pace with a 310lb alcoholic softball player. The chicks didn't see me though, so it was all good to go after eating some toothpaste.

taz also puked while watching "Brokeback Mtn"

One time, at summer camp, I puked after only two beers. But, they were Old Mills. And, I "shot" them both one right after the other. And I was only 16. And I was trying to keep pace with a 310lb alcoholic softball player. The chicks didn't see me though, so it was all good to go after eating some toothpaste.

that is a very cool story! :ohmy:

draft_34405.jpg

TOEWS VIDEO INTERVIEW down on the right side of the page, yeah, he seems like a 18 year old...wowww

DAY 2 DIARY

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=167745&hubname=

sorry and i really dont want this to start a flamefest but check out phil kessels interview. thats all i have to say.maybe phil should have called a few more press conferences to touch up his interview skills..........on the other hand, erik johnson had a very nice interview along with toews.

draft_34405.jpg

TOEWS VIDEO INTERVIEW down on the right side of the page, yeah, he seems like a 18 year old...wowww

DAY 2 DIARY

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=167745&hubname=

sorry and i really dont want this to start a flamefest but check out phil kessels interview. thats all i have to say.maybe phil should have called a few more press conferences to touch up his interview skills..........on the other hand, erik johnson had a very nice interview along with toews.

great interview by Toews! I cant even imagine what that Crosby,Toews,Malkin line would be like. wow is all i can say. He is pretty well spoken. :lol: Kessel's was straight and to the point,almost like he didnt understand the question...:ohmy:

From what I understand you ride the bike for a certian amount of time with someone screaming in your ear to keep pedaling as fast as you can. and then for the last minitue or so they suddenly raise the resistance by quite a bit and you are expected to keep pedaling as fast as you were or at least close to it. Has anyone else heard the same thing? I cant' remember where I read it. Somewhere online this morning

and don't get me wrong I enjoy watching Kessel play. But isn't he one ugly SOB

From what I understand you ride the bike for a certian amount of time with someone screaming in your ear to keep pedaling as fast as you can. and then for the last minitue or so they suddenly raise the resistance by quite a bit and you are expected to keep pedaling as fast as you were or at least close to it. Has anyone else heard the same thing? I cant' remember where I read it. Somewhere online this morning

welcome to the board!! i'm sure you will make many new friends with that screen name :ohmy:

yeah, the test is suppose to be pretty damn crazy and many people puke when doing it just like toews and kessel did...........

somebody mentioned that in the The Roster As It Exists Today thread. And thanks for the laugh. I needed it. I know that is mean, but man are you right.

exactly, it's all in good fun and every roster seems to have at least 1 :ohmy:

welcome to the board!! i'm sure you will make many new friends with that screen name :ohmy:

yeah, the test is suppose to be pretty damn crazy and many people puke when doing it just like toews and kessel did...........

I'm sure not! I'm not here to talk smack about your squad or try to brag up my squad. I'm a Hockey fan first and then a gopher fan. living in EGF for the past 3 years i figure its about time to make my presence felt on this board. so lets hear the GFY FNG's and lets talk puck!