SiouxSports.com Forum

Posting keeps getting removed?

BobIwabuchiFan

I've posted a topic twice in the last week and it keeps getting removed...The topic relates to the Top 10 reasons we can't stand the Gophers!....Is there something I am missing in terms of topics that are taboo??? Please advise as this is getting tiresome...

BobIwabuchiFan

I've posted a topic twice in the last week and it keeps getting removed...The topic relates to the Top 10 reasons we can't stand the Gophers!....Is there something I am missing in terms of topics that are taboo??? Please advise as this is getting tiresome...

BobIwabuchiFan

Smack not allowed.

We're generally pretty good about sending notices explaining removed posts, but I'm admittedly less good about following up when a troll/smack thread is locked or entirely blown away. Sorry I failed to follow up in this case, a moderator even reminded me to.

Sioux-cia's right -- while there are certainly no shortage of jabs back and forth between Sioux fans and their rivals on the board, a thread explicitly dedicating to hating the Gophers is just pure smack. While I still haven't succeeding in creating a formal set of rules, What is smack? is still the guiding principle -- if the obvious primary purpose of a thread is to annoy, we don't want it.

I can understand the smack rule, but is it going to be applied consistently? For instance, "Miles Brand is an international idiot" doesn't violate the smack rule, but making a list of the 10 reasons we can't stand the gophers does :D ? Although I agree with the Brands an idiot post topic, it just seems a little vague when applying smack to one and not the other...Just my 2 cents..

BobIwabuchiFan

I can understand the smack rule, but is it going to be applied consistently? For instance, "Miles Brand is an international idiot" doesn't violate the smack rule, but making a list of the 10 reasons we can't stand the gophers does :D ? Although I agree with the Brands an idiot post topic, it just seems a little vague when applying smack to one and not the other...Just my 2 cents..

BobIwabuchiFan

Fact: Miles Brand is an idiot.

Opinion: The Gophers suck.

:0

while there are certainly no shortage of jabs back and forth between Sioux fans and their rivals on the board, a thread explicitly dedicating to hating the Gophers is just pure smack.

Miles Brand is not a rival of the Sioux.

BobIwabuchiFan

If you read the Miles Brand (sic) is an International Idiot thread you'll see that it went no where except to Goofyville. :0

It's a good point, there's nothing more frustrating than feeling like rules are applied arbitrarily (we may be capricious, but we try not to be arbitrary). I was actually concerned about that post myself; however, by the time I had seen it, another moderator had moved it from one forum to another, so I decided to just stick with that and let it ride.

It did feel more on-topic -- before a big Bison game, we always let the smack go a lot more in the lead-up threads because that's a big part of the rivalry and excitement and doesn't distract from the primary mission (to talk about UND athletics). I think slamming Dr. Brand is a similarly timely reaction to contemporary events whereas an anti-Gophers thread falls under the umbrella of "this is a pro-UND site, not anti-xxx rival".

I do appreciate these conversations and really do consider every comment, as we're anxious to provide the best possible environment for people to discuss the Fighting Sioux.