SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford signs!

BB9

bogeyboge50- what about one for smaby? I realize this may not be possible, but if you would be willing to try when you get time that would be awesome.

That would certainly include some classic open ice hits. He was as good an open ice checker as I have seen play for the Sioux. He would really level some guys if they had their head down.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bogeyboge50- what about one for smaby? I realize this may not be possible, but if you would be willing to try when you get time that would be awesome.

That would be awesome. Maybe instead of goals, but harder to find footage of, perhaps a few of Smaby's HUGE hits.

I'd love to change my avatar to that of an animated avatar like PCM's except with Smaby giving an open ice check to someone.

do you think you could do one for jonsie, and chorney, and maybe sparky too??

cmon guys and girls, let bogey boge (that name kicks ass by the way) do the ones he wants to do and when he wants to do them. I know that they are awesome and he does such a good job, but to have everyone request one of a different player and somewhat expect boges to do it, just not realistic. Let's let boges do them at will and enjoy them when he posts them. :D

That would certainly include some classic open ice hits. He was as good an open ice checker as I have seen play for the Sioux. He would really level some guys if they had their head down.

in all fairness to the guy getting lambasted, sparky could plaster someone with their head down......although they do fly A LOT farther when smaby does it.... :D

do you think you could do one for jonsie, and chorney, and maybe sparky too??

cmon guys and girls, let bogey boge (that name kicks ass by the way) do the ones he wants to do and when he wants to do them. I know that they are awesome and he does such a good job, but to have everyone request one of a different player and somewhat expect boges to do it, just not realistic. Let's let boges do them at will and enjoy them when he posts them. :D

I was just thinking of the players who had left and matt because he was one of my favorite players. Sry if it was taken another way. I didn't mean that bogey boge had to do it, i just thought that it would be nice.

I was just thinking of the players who had left and matt because he was one of my favorite players. Sry if it was taken another way. I didn't mean that bogey boge had to do it, i just thought that it would be nice.

i guess i just feel bad about someone doing something for their own enjoyment, showing people, and then they all start asking for more stuff, that's all. I didn't want boge's to feel the pressure to do it and be a dick if he didn't want to (which i'm sure wouldn't happen, but could) i wasn't trying to bust your balls too hard. :0

In reality it was more than probable that Stafford was going to leave this year, especially after Zajac and Smaby went. I couldn't see him coming back with the NHL contract stuff regarding senior college palyers in addition to saving face. He had a great year and really became a leader on the team but I always expected more from him. I'd really get frustrated when he'd loaf back to the bench or do the same move everytime he went one-on-one with a defender. Sometimes the toe-drag-walk-around would work but most of the time it wouldn't and he'd keep doing it. I wouldn't say he was soft but he'd become invisible in some games and disappear. These are small criticisms for a guy that made great improvements from a 17 year-old freshman. He's a great talent and I wish him nothing but the best in the pros! Too bad becuase I think he'd been a serious Hobey canidate next year. Hopefully, he'll take Vanek's spot and send the rodent to the minors!

You guys aren't gonna flame me for the above post? you must all agree then?

ya, maybe ur right.....its all opinion based...i try to keep my mouth shut. i think he could be better, but then again, its not like he sucks. look at his #s...led the team in goals and points, and led the nation in shorties....but, there is always room for inprovement for everyone. you cant ahve a team full of perfect people.

I didn't think he was anywhere near the scorer Vanek was, but popping in 24 was a big season for him. Until then he seemed like a nice forward who'd play hard, but often shoot into the goalies chest or over the net.

In reality it was more than probable that Stafford was going to leave this year, especially after Zajac and Smaby went. I couldn't see him coming back with the NHL contract stuff regarding senior college palyers in addition to saving face. He had a great year and really became a leader on the team but I always expected more from him. I'd really get frustrated when he'd loaf back to the bench or do the same move everytime he went one-on-one with a defender. Sometimes the toe-drag-walk-around would work but most of the time it wouldn't and he'd keep doing it. I wouldn't say he was soft but he'd become invisible in some games and disappear. These are small criticisms for a guy that made great improvements from a 17 year-old freshman. He's a great talent and I wish him nothing but the best in the pros! Too bad becuase I think he'd been a serious Hobey canidate next year. Hopefully, he'll take Vanek's spot and send the rodent to the minors!

that is what ticked me off the most! i totally agree he could have been a hobey finalist or maybe even winner. he does need some new moves though... :D