SiouxSports.com Forum

redsealpeach merchandise sale

chevyblaiser

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sioux Fans & Red Seal Peach addicts,

To all of those who doubt my first two messages I hope you are ready to realize that these will be offical Red Seal Peach shirts. I am close friends with these two and the sale will in fact happen. I read some of the remarks about making your own shirt. Thats cool but how much better would it be to get a real one from the band signed at the merchandise sale. Granite, this band likes to have fun and joke around and they are both hockey players. But that doesn't mean that they don't take it seriously. They enjoy playing and want others to enjoy their music and sense of humor. So don't let those others who doubt the band cloud your perspective. Enjoy the band as it is ment to be enjoyed and wear that shirt around campus with pride. For those who are doubting the band, I strongly recommend you keep watching for the dates of the sale and show up and get yourself a shirt and hang out with the band. You will see that this is not just some joke to get everyone riled up. The band will have a sale and the band awaits its fans with open arms. Best regards to all and I will keep you posted.

Chevyblaiser

President of Marketing Red Seal Peach, INC

To all of those who doubt my first two messages I hope you are ready to realize that these will be offical Red Seal Peach shirts. I am close friends with these two and the sale will in fact happen. I read some of the remarks about making your own shirt. Thats cool but how much better would it be to get a real one from the band signed at the merchandise sale. Granite, this band likes to have fun and joke around and they are both hockey players. But that doesn't mean that they don't take it seriously. They enjoy playing and want others to enjoy their music and sense of humor. So don't let those others who doubt the band cloud your perspective. Enjoy the band as it is ment to be enjoyed and wear that shirt around campus with pride. For those who are doubting the band, I strongly recommend you keep watching for the dates of the sale and show up and get yourself a shirt and hang out with the band. You will see that this is not just some joke to get everyone riled up. The band will have a sale and the band awaits its fans with open arms. Best regards to all and I will keep you posted.

Chevyblaiser

Chevyblaiser, you certainly are doing your best to pull one over on us but, baby, it ain't gonna happen. Whart do you think the NC$$ would say about hockey players making a buck because they're in a band that wouldn't be if they weren't hockey players. Give it a rest!

In the meantime, I'm gonna unpack my 'follow the tour bus' bus and put away my leopard skin capris. ???

Say are you the dude that vasolined Jordy's truck!?! :sad:

Snipity concerning the NCAA, this would be an intersting one if challenged in Court.

Rules to Remember

1. Representatives of Athletics Interests cannot provide an "extra benefit" or special arrangements to an enrolled student-athlete that is not available to all other students at the University.

2. If a student-athlete accepts any benefit based on his/her athletic ability, that athlete will lose all eligibility for intercollegiate athletic participation. If the student-athlete has completed eligibility, the institution is still responsible and may receive penalties applied to the sport program. Additionally, the booster or representative involved may be told to disassociate from the University's athletics program.

As a representative of the University of California's athletic interests, you may not:

1. Provide a student-athlete with extra benefits or services including, but not limited to:

--a loan of money

--a guarantee of bond

--the use of an automobile

--signing or co-signing a note with an outside agency to arrange a loan;

2. Make services available to a student-athlete (e.g., movie tickets, dinners, use of a car) from commercial agencies (e.g., movie theaters, restaurants, car dealers) without charge or at reduced rates;

3. Provide a student-athlete with a special discount, payment arrangement or credit on a purchase or service;

4. Provide a student-athlete with professional services without charge or at a reduced cost;

5. Allow a student-athlete to use a telephone or credit card without charge or at a reduced cost; or

6. Serve as a "sponsor" or "family" for enrolled student-athletes.

Student-Athlete Employment

The University is permitted to arrange employment for prospective student-athletes during the summer prior to their enrollment as freshmen (provided they have signed a National Letter of Intent) and enrolled student-athletes.

The Compliance Services Office must keep written records verifying employment of all student-athletes. The following rules are applicable to student- athlete employment:

1. A student-athlete's compensation may not include any payment for value or utility that the student-athlete may have for the employer because of the publicity, reputation, fame or personal following that he or she has obtained because of athletics;

2. The student-athlete is compensated only for work actually performed;

3. the student-athlete is compensated at a rate commensurate with the going rate in that locality for similar services.

A student-athlete can receive money from you or your family for teaching or giving lessons in their sport. To do this the following conditions must be met:

1. Institutional facilities cannot be used;

2. To simply "play" against the student-athlete is not permitted (e.g., playing lessons);

3. Documentation of the lessons must be on file with the Compliance Services Office;

4. Compensation for the lessons must be paid by the lesson recipient or family and not anyone else.

NC$$ has been challenged, most recently by a football player who also wants to ski. Player wants Olympic ok'd money from advertising sponsers to pay for coaches, etc. for skiing but NC$$ said no and player has lost appeal. His college is also on record as saying if NC$$ won't allow it, the player will not play football for them.

Not the same as hockey player filled band selling band related merchandise but if it were me, I wouldn't take the chance. And as someone else has mentioned Hak would 'have a cow' if they did it.

Snipity concerning the NCAA, this would be an intersting one if challenged in Court.

Rules to Remember

1. Representatives of Athletics Interests cannot provide an "extra benefit" or special arrangements to an enrolled student-athlete that is not available to all other students at the University.

2. If a student-athlete accepts any benefit based on his/her athletic ability, that athlete will lose all eligibility for intercollegiate athletic participation. If the student-athlete has completed eligibility, the institution is still responsible and may receive penalties applied to the sport program. Additionally, the booster or representative involved may be told to disassociate from the University's athletics program.

As a representative of the University of California's athletic interests, you may not:

1. Provide a student-athlete with extra benefits or services including, but not limited to:

--a loan of money

--a guarantee of bond

--the use of an automobile

--signing or co-signing a note with an outside agency to arrange a loan;

2. Make services available to a student-athlete (e.g., movie tickets, dinners, use of a car) from commercial agencies (e.g., movie theaters, restaurants, car dealers) without charge or at reduced rates;

3. Provide a student-athlete with a special discount, payment arrangement or credit on a purchase or service;

4. Provide a student-athlete with professional services without charge or at a reduced cost;

5. Allow a student-athlete to use a telephone or credit card without charge or at a reduced cost; or

6. Serve as a "sponsor" or "family" for enrolled student-athletes.

Student-Athlete Employment

The University is permitted to arrange employment for prospective student-athletes during the summer prior to their enrollment as freshmen (provided they have signed a National Letter of Intent) and enrolled student-athletes.

The Compliance Services Office must keep written records verifying employment of all student-athletes. The following rules are applicable to student- athlete employment:

1. A student-athlete's compensation may not include any payment for value or utility that the student-athlete may have for the employer because of the publicity, reputation, fame or personal following that he or she has obtained because of athletics;

2. The student-athlete is compensated only for work actually performed;

3. the student-athlete is compensated at a rate commensurate with the going rate in that locality for similar services.

A student-athlete can receive money from you or your family for teaching or giving lessons in their sport. To do this the following conditions must be met:

1. Institutional facilities cannot be used;

2. To simply "play" against the student-athlete is not permitted (e.g., playing lessons);

3. Documentation of the lessons must be on file with the Compliance Services Office;

4. Compensation for the lessons must be paid by the lesson recipient or family and not anyone else.

so none of this is against the rules. why would it be? \

thanks for posting this!

I think the football player was Jeremy Bloom from Colorado. Seemed like a stupid rational for the NCAA. I think he is done skiing now and is hoping to play pro football.

I appears that an athlete can be employed so long as they aren't getting preferencial treatment based on their athletic endeavors. I'd have to guess that the NCAA would not go for this situation, and as mentioned, Hak would have a fit. But if the players in question are on the way out anyway...

Allowing this would allow any college star to sell artwork or whatever and make big bucks. I can image a limited addition Reggie Bush lithograph, signed of course, going for good money.

Chevyblaiser

thank you for validating my point. Even though you said the exact opposite of anything, they way you did it and the timing will hopefully prove to these people that this is a huge f'n joke and they should be ashamed for believing it. The only way that they would be able to pull this off is if both of them have signed a pro contract and neither one is under the watchful eye of Hakstol. It might be fun in the garage or screwing around in the apartment, but this is such a joke.

"Just figured I'd let you in on the secret that we know Red Seal Peach won't win a grammy. I thought you would have figured that out as we were mocking their song "Fabian" with different ways of putting the word "Fabian" in famous quotes or songs. "

All we hear is

Fabian Goo Goo

Fabian Ga Ga

Fabian Goo Goo

Fabian Ga Ga

Faaaaaaaaabian someone still loves you

runnin....i'm 27, from EGF, now live in small town nodak just south of GF, and live for sioux hockey, but i've never once developed such a love for any athlete or famous person that i would buy anything that they put their face or name on just because they put their face or name on it

I wasn't sure how old you were, so I didn't want to call you old or young or middle aged if you weren't. Didn't want to assume, because you know what happens when you assume... :sad:

But I still think you're misunderstanding me on this one... I would "hypothetically" purchase RSP stuff b/c it was a horrible BAND, not b/c they are hockey players. I only found out about the horrible band b/c they play hockey. However, my motive is different from most people's motives.

Even if said RSP merch did exist, I wouldn't be able to get it, anyway, as I don't live in GF. I don't put in an effort for stupid crap that will make me laugh once, like getting my BF a "Terry Mulholland is my Non-Sexual Man-Crush" shirt.

Good thing they go to UND.

You'll notice many of their "friends" listed on My Space don't live around North Dakota & probably don't give a ##@# about the fact they are in hockey.

*coughs*......I'm in it for the music.

My children run around and sing 'Fabian' all the time.....it's a catchy jingle that is easy to memorize.

*coughs*......I'm in it for the music.

My children run around and sing 'Fabian' all the time.....it's a catchy jingle that is easy to memorize.

In what key do they sing it, assuming there is one (couldn't near it myself)? :silly:

But I still think you're misunderstanding me on this one... I would "hypothetically" purchase RSP stuff b/c it was a horrible BAND, not b/c they are hockey players. I only found out about the horrible band b/c they play hockey. However, my motive is different from most people's motives.

Even if said RSP merch did exist, I wouldn't be able to get it, anyway, as I don't live in GF. I don't put in an effort for stupid crap that will make me laugh once, like getting my BF a "Terry Mulholland is my Non-Sexual Man-Crush" shirt.

Good thing they go to UND.

Before labeling R.S.P. a 'horrible" band, you need to realize that any music heard on their websites (www.myspace.com/redsealpeach or www.myspace.com/krushool), obviously hasn't been recorded in a professional recording studio, but off of somebody's tape recorder or lap top etc. When they play at Suite 49 sometime soon (rumor has it--call the place to be sure, if you live in G.F.), then check it out.

Also, because of the websites themselves, people who read "myspace.com," as well as the boys' personal friends, have had the opportunity to hear/see the band--this has led to the notoriety of R.S.P. , not the fact they're necessarily hockey players at UND. You'll notice many of their "friends" listed on My Space don't live around North Dakota & probably don't give a ##@# about the fact they are in hockey. So if they want to form a company & sell t-shirts etc., bless their entrepreneurial spirit! And if they need a fat, balding accountant, they can e-mail me anytime!!

give me a break, most of them are friends from childhood, high school, or jersey chasers they tap on the road, hell, i'm gonna guess most of them made their myspace profiles from their hometown before they came to college!! but in one way or another, they give a s&!t that he plays hockey. People flock when you are the cat's ass, and who is more that than a professional (bound in this case) athlete.

OFF key.

Hell, I run around singing FABIAAAANNNNN ALL THE TIME!!! Drew really enjoyed my rendition. He told Jordy that I was singing it 'high' just like he did. AND for those who know and love me any way, the only way I sing now a days is OFF key!! :glare:

Oh and like everyone else who gives a $hit, I am NOT a RSP fan because the band members are Fighting Sioux hockey players. :D

*Cough, choke, cough*

Hell, I run around singing FABIAAAANNNNN ALL THE TIME!!! Drew really enjoyed my rendition. He told Jordy that I was singing it 'high' just like he did. AND for those who know and love me any way, the only way I sing now a days is OFF key!! :silly:

Oh and like everyone else who gives a $hit, I am NOT a RSP fan because the band members are Fighting Sioux hockey players. :glare:

*Cough, choke, cough*

I had it as my MySpace song until one of my friends said that it made them want to do violent things.

They just didn't get it.

Before labeling R.S.P. a 'horrible" band, you need to realize that any music heard on their websites (www.myspace.com/redsealpeach or www.myspace.com/krushool), obviously hasn't been recorded in a professional recording studio, but off of somebody's tape recorder or lap top etc. When they play at Suite 49 sometime soon (rumor has it--call the place to be sure, if you live in G.F.), then check it out.

I'm certain that live, they are the next Slayer.