SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches Show. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or U.S. College Hockey Online. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the written permission of the author.

From the Green Mill, Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman are the hosts with Sioux hockey coaches Dave Hakstol, Brad Berry and Cary Eades.

TH: We wrap up the season that ended up with a loss to Boston College at the Frozen Four in Milwaukee. The Sioux were one loss shy of Wisconsin as the only team in the country with 30 wins. It was an outstanding season. The key word was

Speaking of having a great season, PCM, I want to say thanks for your insights and what you shared throughout the entire year. Very much appreciated. Just don't turn pro on us. :lol:

I cannot comment on all the rumors swirling around me. ;)

ARGH! Say it ain't so!

We can replace Stafford, Parise, Smaby, Oshie, but this would be a disaster! Think of the humanity! Think of the carnage! Think of all those UND fans sitting in the dark wondering what's really going on in the press box and in the locker room.

[/depression on]

ARGH! Say it ain't so!

We can replace Stafford, Parise, Smaby, Oshie, but this would be a disaster! Think of the humanity! Think of the carnage! Think of all those UND fans sitting in the dark wondering what's really going on in the press box and in the locker room.

[/depression on]

Youre our favorite off ice arena reporter.

Speaking of having a great season, PCM, I want to say thanks for your insights and what you shared throughout the entire year. Very much appreciated. Just don't turn pro on us. ;)

Not going to happen, too much caffine from late night posting trips up mandatory drug testing... :):lol:

I'm going to miss these recaps. This one might have been the pinnacle recap of the year.

With all due respect to Erik Fabian, I'll admit I underestimated him when he came into the program. I offer my apologies because he's shown over the last 2 years that he is a big contributor.

Caller: Would Erik Fabian

Oh oh. Somehow this sounds ominous.

You might be reading too much into it. Mike Commodore said his reason for turning pro early was pretty simple: money. He was tired of being a poor college student. Thinking back to my days as a poor college, it's not difficult for me to relate to his point of view.

Hakstol might have been referring to Spirko's rumored situation, but it's also likely that he was talking about how much easier life is when you don't have to worry so much about money.

Anybody notice these few ill-choiced comments from Hennessey??

A) These are not exact quotes from Hennessy. He might have mentioned Stafford and I might have missed it.

B) You're misinterpeting some of his comments.

C) Regarding the Parise comment, Hennessy was paraphrasing something that Tony Gasparini, a former goalie, said to him after the Frozen Four.

Edited by PCM

What I'm sensing though, more often than not, is that instead of asking non-inflammoratory questions, Hennessey tends to ask the coaches ridiculously controversial questions just to get somebody riled up.

It might be that in the process of my paraphrasing of Hennessy's questions for the sake of brevity, they come off as sounding more inflammatory than they really are. If that's the case, it's my fault, not Hennessy's.

I think Tim asks very good questions in a non-confrontational manner. He also makes a point of asking the questions that people are asking him, which is what makes the show such a valuable source of information.

Yes, but let's limit this discussion to hockey reporting. Whether it's the Love Boat issue or anything else, what you do outside the realm of Sioux Hockey is of no concern to us. :glare:

siouxperstar- PCM is right. TH is definitely not that bad. I mean, if you listened to the program the real boat anchor on the program is Swygman. That guy needs to either A: Go or B: not have a microphone (or mic privileges revoked either way...)