SiouxSports.com Forum

See The Boys Off

SiouxHockey4Life

HC did get a lucky bounce on that OT goal. Pass deflected off of Atherton's skate right back to him for a nice open shot. But HC played well enough to desired some good bounces that's for sure.

Your right, that was definetely a "lucky" goal, I won't even try to deny that because that's 100% right. I just want to add one thing to that though. I just think that a person creates their own luck. Luck doesn't just come out of nowhere, you have to do something, and then you have to get lucky while doing it. Holy Cross came in on a 3 on 2, created a chance, and got lucky. Props to them for that.

All the Minny fans where I work (Murderapolis) were disgusted with their squad's performance...I haven't heard any bitching and whining from them; none of them thought their team deserved any better...A refreshing change...:D

A lucky bounce yes. A lucky goal maybe not because he had a lot of net to shoot at. Did anyone see the boys off today?

It was probably a more difficult shot than most people realize. Yes, the puck bounced right back to him, but he was at a very sharp angle by the time it bounced back on his stick. The GWG was actually a very nice shot, as he had very little net to shoot at, due to the angle he was shooting at, and the speed the play was occurring at. There was luck that it bounced back on his stick, but McGregor showed his goal scoring ability on the actual GWG.

However, I do recall the Gophers getting a break on their 1st goal, when the puck bounced off the post right back to the original shooter, who then put it in the net, but I don't hear goofer fans mentioning that. Sorry, your boys didn't show that night. At least not enough to win the game.

It was probably a more difficult shot than most people realize. Yes, the puck bounced right back to him, but he was at a very sharp angle by the time it bounced back on his stick. The GWG was actually a very nice shot, as he had very little net to shoot at, due to the angle he was shooting at, and the speed the play was occurring at. There was luck that it bounced back on his stick, but McGregor showed his goal scoring ability on the actual GWG.

However, I do recall the Gophers getting a break on their 1st goal, when the puck bounced off the post right back to the original shooter, who then put it in the net, but I don't hear goofer fans mentioning that. Sorry, your boys didn't show that night. At least not enough to win the game.

Two things, I guess. First, I don't think it was as sharp of an angle as you suggest. It was just to the net side of the faceoff circle just inside of the boards. A sharp angle, sure, but not one that is that challenging to score from if the conditions are right, which they were. Second, McGregor had a LOT of net to shoot at thanks to Briggs completely playing the pass (which, wasn't a stupid thing on his part, because the initial shot by McGregor that went off the skate actually was a pass) and was totally out of position and basically out of the play when the puck landed back on McGregor's stick. That's my opinion anyways.

I hope they relax, have fun, and enjoy themselves in Milwaukee (the Sioux). They've done so much for us already and even if things don't go well for us, I'm still proud of the boys.

All the Minny fans where I work (Murderapolis) were disgusted with their squad's performance...I haven't heard any bitching and whining from them; none of them thought their team deserved any better...A refreshing change...:D

ANyone who tells you that they think the Gophers got screwed is lying. NO ONE thinks they played near well enough to beat anyone that game. No whining, just severe disappointment at the way they played.

ANyone who tells you that they think the Gophers got screwed is lying. NO ONE thinks they played near well enough to beat anyone that game. No whining, just severe disappointment at the way they played.

Apart from two Gopher supporters that post here, you're absolutely correct.

There have been sour grapes other places (Stafford's ESPN chat was a good example in there). But 99% of the Gopher fans haven't really done any complaining.

My dad went. He said it was him and one other guy. :D

CVCL, I was the other guy who showed up to watch the team off to Milwaukee. You're father was a very nice gentleman, and great to talk to. He actually just bought a vehicle from the dealership that is owned by the same person as who owns the dealership I work for. And yes, it was himself and I with Pat Sweeney cheering on and wishing the boys good luck. Go Sioux baby! Can't wait! I'm leaving today right after work!! My first Frozen Four coming up!!!

wakeboarding_crazed

Or you could just ignore the posts that you're not interested in, and let those interested, discuss hockey, which is the purpose of the board. :D

Sorry if I offended you. Just agree with the above post. I guess I am more interested in the upcoming games than what the Gophers did two weeks ago. Just my opinion. Sorry I shared it. I just hope that this won't come to bite us in the a$s someday. :D

Sorry if I offended you. Just agree with the above post. I guess I am more interested in the upcoming games than what the Gophers did two weeks ago. Just my opinion. Sorry I shared it. I just hope that this won't come to bite us in the a$s someday. :D

Me thinks you might have overreacted... ;) I don't think anyone is looking to bite anyone in the a$$... except maybe Thetriouxper, buckysieve, and occasionally Diggler. :D

Me thinks you might have overreacted... ;) I don't think anyone is looking to bite anyone in the a$$... except maybe Thetriouxper, buckysieve, and occasionally Diggler. :lol:

My mistake... Lets start talking about the Goofies loss to Holy Cross again. That is a much better topic than the Sioux loss this afternoon. :angry: