SiouxSports.com Forum

Milwaukee / Frozen Four

NorthDakotaHockey

Just got off the phone with a credible source who just made the trip from Twin Cities to Milwaukee over the last few days. Some big road projects will delay you from time to time as you drive toward Lake Michigan.

Big delay around Menomonie. 45 minutes to travel about ten miles.

He figured folks oughta add, to be safe, at least an hour to planned drive time.

For those hoping to get there right around the time the puck drops, keep this in mind, as well as my earlier

admonition that Smokey Bear in Wisconsin is a real bad bear.

As I recall, it's about 340 miles from St. Paul to downtown Milwaukee. At 68 mph, that's five hours. Stop for a rest, and take in some road delays, you are looking at a solid six hour trip, not the four and a half hours some of us, including me, might have been figuring.

Just got off the phone with a credible source who just made the trip from Twin Cities to Milwaukee over the last few days. Some big road projects will delay you from time to time as you drive toward Lake Michigan.

Big delay around Menomonie. 45 minutes to travel about ten miles.

He figured folks oughta add, to be safe, at least an hour to planned drive time.

For those hoping to get there right around the time the puck drops, keep this in mind, as well as my earlier

admonition that Smokey Bear in Wisconsin is a real bad bear.

As I recall, it's about 340 miles from St. Paul to downtown Milwaukee. At 68 mph, that's five hours. Stop for a rest, and take in some road delays, you are looking at a solid six hour trip, not the four and a half hours some of us, including me, might have been figuring.

Thanks for that update! Yes I was figuring about 5 hours, map qwest says 5 hours 13 min, but I drive fast and only allow emergency pit stops. But that 45 min delay thing will cause problems, I'm planning to get there in time to have a beer or two before the puck drops. Guess we'll have to leave a little earlier.

You might also want to bring your umbrellas as it is supposed to be raining Thursday and Friday. Also, the temps are ranging from 36 - 57 degrees. Good North Dakota jacket weather. Or are you ready for shorts?

Updated Weather Report.

Maybe when we all get there the sun will come out! :lol:

Thursday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 53. East wind between 10 and 14 mph.

Thursday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51.

Friday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 48.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low near 34.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 53.

Drove back from Chicago today. Of course, we were going west and not east, but had only small delays from construction. It didn't look like the eastbound traffic was in too much trouble either.

Outside the nasty one west of Menomonie, we noticed a sign that said "Major Delays, Expect 1 hour Friday PM - Sunday PM". Being we experienced nearly that on the east bound lane last Friday night at about 6pm I guess they know what they were saying.

So hopefully this means that on Thursday morning you folks won't have too much trouble. FYI

Drove back from Chicago today. Of course, we were going west and not east, but had only small delays from construction. It didn't look like the eastbound traffic was in too much trouble either.

Outside the nasty one west of Menomonie, we noticed a sign that said "Major Delays, Expect 1 hour Friday PM - Sunday PM". Being we experienced nearly that on the east bound lane last Friday night at about 6pm I guess they know what they were saying.

So hopefully this means that on Thursday morning you folks won't have too much trouble. FYI

Awesome, thanks for that update!