SiouxSports.com Forum

Other Tournament Games

Siouxdonyms

Sioux Hab-it, where's the update? BC now leading 3-0 of Miami. Miami getting beat when they have to play a real opponent.

I know, it was a good game in the first just like UNO they have disappeared. We can only hope that Michigan being from the same conference does the same act. I started getting into the audio feed on this game. There is no bigger whine in the WCHA than Glen Snoremore.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just said "Grand Forks, North Carolina"!!!

If you're listening to the Holy Cross audiocast, when the radio goes to commercial you can still here the announcers talking to each other. They're saying things like:

"Boy, I'll bet the boys are nervous"

"Well, this is what we came for, we didn't want to get blown out"

Great stuff!

If you're listening to the Holy Cross audiocast, when the radio goes to commercial you can still here the announcers talking to each other. They're saying things like:

"Boy, I'll bet the boys are nervous"

"Well, this is what we came for, we didn't want to get blown out"

Great stuff!

Regardless of the outcome, Holy Cross has nothing to hang their heads about. They've definitely done more than anyone expected, just hanging in the game this long.

Think the Gophers were overlooking someone?

I agree. I remember hearing Sioux fans on the site earlier this week saying what a great game UND/Minn would be on Saturday night, and the Goofer fans replied saying "you better not overlook Michigan". I think a few guys in the Goofer locker room were thinking about Saturday night and not about the mighty Crusaders!

I agree. I remember hearing Sioux fans on the site earlier this week saying what a great game UND/Minn would be on Saturday night, and the Goofer fans replied saying "you better not overlook Michigan". I think a few guys in the Goofer locker room were thinking about Saturday night and not about the mighty Crusaders!

I'm not worried about our guys overlooking Michigan. They've got a strong history in the NCAA Tourny, and Hak has really hammered into their heads about taking things one game at a time. Go Crusaders!

I'm not worried about our guys overlooking Michigan. They've got a strong history in the NCAA Tourny, and Hak has really hammered into their heads about taking things one game at a time. Go Crusaders!

Agreed...there's no way the Sioux are overlooking Michigan.

Boy, I'll be the Ralph is just buzzing right now!

Regardless of the outcome, Holy Cross has nothing to hang their heads about. They've definitely done more than anyone expected, just hanging in the game this long.

I agree. Coach Pearl is in the locker room saying "They're gonna blow us out, aren't they? Let's go out there in OT and give it our best shot! WE CAN WIN THIS GAME, BOYS!"

Meanwhile in the Gopher locker room:

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH YOU GUYS? This is Holy F---ING Cross! What kind of players do you think you are!!!!"

Holy Cross goes out and ends up losing, they shrug their shoulders and pat each others helmets and sit back, watch the next game with pride.

If Holy Cross wins, they might as well celebrate like they've won the NC. We all know they're not going to win it all, so their first ever NCAA tourney win (which would put them ahead of SCSU :lol:) is worthy of the dogpile on Quesada.

If Minnesota wins in OT, they skate away knowing they got by on the skin of their teeth. They go back knowing that both Michigan and UND know they are perfectly beatable right now.

If Minnesota loses in OT, they will skate back to the lockerroom knowing that there's nothing positive about their season left to say and only ridicule and mockery awaiting them from Minneapolis on top of UND and UW fans. It will be a bigger choke than nearly any other game I've ever watched.

If Minnesota loses in OT, they will skate back to the lockerroom knowing that there's nothing positive about their season left to say and only ridicule and mockery awaiting them from Minneapolis on top of UND and UW fans. It will be a bigger choke than nearly any other game I've ever watched.

Hey now, they'll always have Blarneys. :angry:

If Minnesota wins in OT, they skate away knowing they got by on the skin of their teeth. They go back knowing that both Michigan and UND know they are perfectly beatable right now.
They also have as many questions about their own program as they had coming into the game (maybe we're not that good-the head games continue).

They than wish they would have touched the McNaugton Cup!

It's just not happening for our boys tonight. Holy Cross scored a lucky goal to tie it up (Briggs TOTALLY quit on it though), and the Gophs haven't capitalized on numerous power play chances. They've played pretty well, but they are tied. Hopefully the can come out in OT and put the game away. As far as I'm concerend, a win is a win in the NCAA tourney. A lot of #1 seeds had trouble against the #4's last year, so as long as the Gophs can get by HC, they have a good shot at winning tomorrow night.

The real question is: will they get by HC? At this point, I'm incredibly worried about HC coming out and scoring a lucky goal!

Oh, and as for Wally and Glen... Glen is probably the worst homer announcer on the face of the planet. I cannon stand listening to that guy!!!!!