SiouxSports.com Forum

NO LOGO CENTER ICE!

yepdude

I don't have a problem with the logo off the ice. As stated somewhere, this is about hockey at it's finest, not our logo. There's a time and place to fight for our rights to wear and display the Fighting Sioux name and logo. I don't believe the regionals nor the Frozen Four are the right venues for that fight.

See ya in court NC$$.

The always remove the logo at any arena during NCAA events. The was no M at Minnesota last year, Just an NCAA symbol.

The actually cover the advertisements on the scoreboard and boards too.

For the record, it was Danny Irmen. Interesting, the Chorney jersey pop has surfaced on two or three FSN montages that I've seen, while Irmen's has been buried in the archives. Not a big deal at all, just an observation.

FSN Live showed the whole thing before the Wild game tonight. The whole set up, goal and celebration with the jersey pop (more of a tug, as if he was trying to get it off of him, though :ohmy: )

I thought it was Ryan Poltony who did it. At least I think that is what they showed during a gopher end of the year thing after the playoff games for the gophers. I was watching it to get scores, NOT becuase I like the gophers.

irmen 1st then chorney

I have been told that another reason the University choose the UND flame logo instead of the Sioux logo is that it brings more recognition to the University as a whole. I can't blame them for wanting to expand the recognition from just the athletic department to the University as a whole.