SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux / Mavericks

siNoDux

Is this a must win game for the Sioux to make the NC$$'s? :D

Are the Sioux guaranteed a spot in the NC$$ tourney ... even with a loss tonight :lol: ... based on the powerrankings?

Who out there could knock them out?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a must win game for the Sioux to make the NC$$'s? :D

Are the Sioux guaranteed a spot in the NC$$ tourney ... even with a loss tonight :lol: ... based on the powerrankings?

Who out there could knock them out?

Right now, it's so back and forth that we can't put any faith in anything. We just have to win and hope everything sorts itself out.

MAYBE this loss will serve a purpose tonight and tommorrow. Maybe not.

All we can hope is that we play hard and win.

little off topic but what the hell was up with the attendance last night?? 8,048, thats pathetic. on a bad night we usually put 10,000 in the ralph...just curious....

we put 11,309 and 11,536 during the regular season vs msu :lol:

Well it was a decent season for this young team..... :D

I don't see them winning two this weekend and of course that means they are out. Hey, I bleed Green, but the truth is if they can't beat MSU-Mankato they don't really deserve to play in the NCAA's?

I hope for some Sioux wins, but I just don't see it based on what I am reading..... :lol:

I don't see them winning two this weekend and of course that means they are out. Hey, I bleed Green, but the truth is if they can't beat MSU-Mankato they don't really deserve to play in the NCAA's?

I hope for some Sioux wins, but I just don't see it based on what I am reading..... :lol:

they lost one game, step back off the bridge my friend...its a best of 3 series, not a 1 and done...so your saying even if we lose tonight which we wont and we make the ncaa tourney then your off the wagon for that as well....COME ON NOW......theres a seat in the back thats open for you if you want to jump back on, the only thing is that the seat doesn't recline just like the very back seats on a airplane :D but hey, it's yours if you want it..

Hey I will be cheering as loud as I can from the front row of my computer in Mpls., but I am disappointed by this teams lack of focus and I starting to prepare myself...I would love to eat my words...along with a couple grinders from Red Pepper, but I do not have a good feeling about things right now.

How do you come out flat at home in such an important game in the season!!! We will see what Hak is made of tonight, if can get these guys pumped up and take it to three....I would love it.

I hope for some Sioux wins, but I just don't see it based on what I am reading..... :D

IMO The soiux totally have it in them to clobber the Mav's the next two games ... however, as we've seen all year, they can struggle early in the first period and dig themselves a bit of a hole ...

The last few games I've seen, they aren't chasing down pucks and taken control of games. They play hard enough to just stay ahead of the opposing team, however, when they get a bad break or bounce, they get down on themselves and don't kick it up a notch as they should ... I attribute that to being a young team ...

All I know is it's gonna be a long road through the NC$$'s enroute to title #8 :lol:

http://www.uscho.com/pdf/general/2006bracket.pdf

The WCHA has a history of teams losing in the first round, but making the tourney. The will probably make the NCAAs, but losing tonight combined with some other wierdness in the other conferences could make them sweat out next weekend if they are not playing. Ironically to get the highest seed possible the Sioux needed to beat MSU in three.

Recently SCSU, UW and DU have all made the NCAAs while skipping the Final Five. DU of course used it to get healthy and win the NCAAs. UW was an OT goal away from the Frozen Four and of course SCSU was one and done. :lol:

I suspect tonight will be a battle to the finish.

IMO The soiux totally have it in them to clobber the Mav's the next two games ... however, as we've seen all year, they can struggle early in the first period and dig themselves a bit of a hole ...

The last few games I've seen, they aren't chasing down pucks and taken control of games. They play hard enough to just stay ahead of the opposing team, however, when they get a bad break or bounce, they get down on themselves and don't kick it up a notch as they should ... I attribute that to being a young team ...

All I know is it's gonna be a long road through the NC$$'s enroute to title #8 :lol:

http://www.uscho.com/pdf/general/2006bracket.pdf

I think the "young team" excuse is BS at this point in the season. Everything you spoke of is driven by motiviation and desire. Right now I don't see the desire. Even young guys can have competitiveness. Youth leads to poor decision making - the effort should still be there.

I'm looking for the Defensemen to step it up tonight and start trying to hold the blue line. They were allowing MSU to back them into the circles way too often last night. Smaby looked off to me last night, so he needs to rebound big-time and be a force out there tonight.

If Stafford's a no-go for tonight, I hope Hak reunites Toews with Oshie. TJ has been pretty quiet, and I think he would benefit greatly from Toews the way he's been playing. Jonathan is the straw that stirs the drink on the top line.

Please, please Zajac - step up and be noticeable tonight!

Recently SCSU, UW and DU have all made the NCAAs while skipping the Final Five. DU of course used it to get healthy and win the NCAAs. UW was an OT goal away from the Frozen Four and of course SCSU was one and done. :lol:

I suspect tonight will be a battle to the finish.

IMO if Denver would have made the WCHA Final Five last year, they never would have won the National Championship.

Regardless, I hope the Sioux come out fighting tonight and set the tone for the rest of the series in the first few minutes.

Nothing is going to be easy from here on out, and UND needs to realize that and buck up right now, it's going to be a long journey over the next month or so.

Hopefully we'll be standing on top in Milwaukee.

IMO if Denver would have made the WCHA Final Five last year, they never would have won the National Championship.

Hopefully we'll be standing on top in Milwaukee.

Denver Won the Final Five last year. My guess is you meant the year before. Anyway, to say they wouldn't have won had they made it that year is a tough call. They still could have rested their injuries while fielding a team to compete in the Final Five, so who knows - the injured guys still would have been rested.

ok, ill buy that...but not 4,000 students....

The only empty seats were in what was the student section. The rest of the season ticket holders were there in full force. The rest of the people that typically pick up the "left over" student tickets (WHICH ARE AVAILABLE EVERY GAME) filled in a small portion of the student section (upper deck). Students have to pay for these seats so it has an impact. Hope that $25 didn't go to beer instead of supporting your team.

By the way thanks for the upgrade from my corner top row seats. I loved being able to spread ealge at center ice.

Denver Won the Final Five last year. My guess is you meant the year before. Anyway, to say they wouldn't have won had they made it that year is a tough call. They still could have rested their injuries while fielding a team to compete in the Final Five, so who knows - the injured guys still would have been rested.

Dammit, I lost a year of my life.

:lol:

little off topic but what the hell was up with the attendance last night?? 8,048, thats pathetic. on a bad night we usually put 10,000 in the ralph...just curious....

we put 11,309 and 11,536 during the regular season vs msu :D

The trend seems to be lower attendance for playoffs. It's the same for Basketball and football. :lol:

The server is down for the women's BB game, so, unlikely that hockey will be available by Sioux streaming audio tonight.

Here's the Mankato audio just in case:

http://msustr0.campus.mnsu.edu:8080/KDOG

Keep the updates coming fast and furious. I'm at work tonight for the Sioux and Bulldog games. I'll be streaming the UMD game and stepping in and out. I'm sure my sister can provide UMD updates, in her usual "hunk-of-the-day" style. Hopefully the SS.com stream works so the updates can come in a timely manner! GO DOGS! GO SIOUX!

The only empty seats were in what was the student section. The rest of the season ticket holders were there in full force. The rest of the people that typically pick up the "left over" student tickets (WHICH ARE AVAILABLE EVERY GAME) filled in a small portion of the student section (upper deck). Students have to pay for these seats so it has an impact. Hope that $25 didn't go to beer instead of supporting your team.

By the way thanks for the upgrade from my corner top row seats. I loved being able to spread ealge at center ice.

I'm actually thinking it's the fact the public probably thought it was gonna be sold out considering the fact that is the way the trend has been all season. All the big games haven't been sell outs but the smaller ones like Harvard and stuff like that have been.

The students didn't get tickets to the games. Combine that with Spring Break (not for me) and you'll have empty seats.

GUARENTEED that the "only" empty seats were not student seats! There is no logical way even if all of the student tickets went without a buyer. It was just a poor showing all around.

I'd give my right nut for a UND national title, so believe that there are more students like me who really really want to be there. Hopefully there's a better showing tonight.