SiouxSports.com Forum

Mpls to Grand Forks --March 3

NorthDakotaHockey

Sorry for posting this here but not sure where else to go with it.

I have need to get a ride for someone to Grand Forks on Friday.

Anyone going from the Cities? The passenger is a solid, reliable

kid of high school age coming in from out of town. I can get him

at the airport and deliver him to your take-off point. He hopes

to hook up with his Pa in Grand Forks for the series.

If you are making the trip, and have an extra seat, please

e-mail me at fortparker911@msn.com, pm me here, or call

me at 612.201.3239. I will get back to you asap, but

will be on the road and in the air most of today.

Thanks.

NDH.

Amtrak between Grand Forks and Minneapolis (one way) is only $34.85 with the 15% discount code of V524 (from the St Paul CVB website). You can make the reservation and pay once you are on the train, if you do not have time to pick up your tickets. Normal price is $41. Call 1-800-872-7245 to make reservations. Thats how I am getting to Minneapolis this weekend, and back again on Sunday.

Sorry for posting this here but not sure where else to go with it.

I have need to get a ride for someone to Grand Forks on Friday.

Anyone going from the Cities? The passenger is a solid, reliable

kid of high school age coming in from out of town. I can get him

at the airport and deliver him to your take-off point. He hopes

to hook up with his Pa in Grand Forks for the series.

If you are making the trip, and have an extra seat, please

e-mail me at fortparker911@msn.com, pm me here, or call

me at 612.201.3239. I will get back to you asap, but

will be on the road and in the air most of today.

Thanks.

NDH.

Normally I could help you out (driving to GFK from the cities) but I'm missing this weeks series. Sorry

Amtrak between Grand Forks and Minneapolis (one way) is only $34.85 with the 15% discount code of V524 (from the St Paul CVB website). You can make the reservation and pay once you are on the train, if you do not have time to pick up your tickets. Normal price is $41. Call 1-800-872-7245 to make reservations. Thats how I am getting to Minneapolis this weekend, and back again on Sunday.

That's one heck of a deal!

Also wanted to add that the Amtrak gives students 15% off tickets for a year for a small fee of 30 bucks for the membership. Not a bad deal. Any Sioux fans that are students in Minnesota or Wisco, its a good way to get home. Long a$$ ride from Chicago (14 hours..ugh) but way cheaper than flying. My roundtrip tickets this weekend for spring break week will be 130 bucks.

Thanks to all for your comments, and especially to RochSioux for stepping up to the plate.

A young man from the Far West will be united in Grand Forks with his Pa and his brother to enjoy the greatest game on earth . . . . . Sioux Hockey.

Sorry we won't be in the arena. We'll settle for next best. Satellite FSSN, compliments of Psb.

No kidding! That's way cheaper than a tank of gas! And you can sleep or whatever instead of having to drive.

I have taken Amtrak several times out west to visit my parents in ND. My four year old and I typically board at 10:30 pm and arrive in Williston the next morning around 11:00 am. I believe the two of us travelled last time for about $75 and $50, respectively, one-way.

Glad someone could help you out, NorthDakotaHockey.

Our family takes Amtrak on an annual ski/snowboard trip to Whitefish, MT. The kids get on in St Paul and Grand Forks, and we board at Devils Lake at 6:30 AM and get to Whitefish at 9:00 PM mountain time. We paid $17 each way (each) for our tickets from Devils Lake one year. :whistling:

We have our reservations made to go to Milwaukee on Amtrak for the Frozen Four. I certainly hope the team does their thing again this year and joins us!