SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews named WCHA rookie of the week

rochsioux

Toews name WCHA rookie of the week

Congrats to Jonathan. His play since the World Juniors has really picked up.

In my view he was the best player on the ice for either team this past w/e.

Agreed, he was good on the weekend EXCEPT for the needless and Stupid tripping penalty he took behind the play that led to the tying goal in the third on Sat night. Other than that he played very well but that penalty was a killer and changed the momentum and outcome of the game.

Agreed, he was good on the weekend EXCEPT for the needless and Stupid tripping penalty he took behind the play that led to the tying goal in the third on Sat night. Other than that he played very well but that penalty was a killer and changed the momentum and outcome of the game.

the one positive i'll take out of that situation, is when they showed him in the penalty box swatting himself in the forehead for stooping to that level. I don't think anyone, coaches or his parents or teammates, will ever be as hard on him for that penalty and the results as he will.. it pretty much showed me that we won't see him take a stupid penalty like that again for some time.