SiouxSports.com Forum

Update the PWR already would ya!

UNDLAW

PWR is now updated on USCHO. The Sioux are in 11th, but with a 3-2-1 bonus, they move up into a tie for 8th.

They have to take care of DU tomorrow!

Like I said in other posts. That is just the "bonus" that USCHO uses. If you use 5-3-1 or 6-4-2, look how far up the Sioux jump. Again... YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

PWR is now updated on USCHO. The Sioux are in 11th, but with a 3-2-1 bonus, they move up into a tie for 8th.

They have to take care of DU tomorrow!

8th? Weren't we just on the bubble? this whole PWR system is pretty squishy....So if we lose tomorrow we're right back where we started? :D

UNDLAW...How's it going Harvey? Been back to des-lacs burlington lately?

Not since Christmas. Got two little ones (Skyler, Age 3 and Samantha, Age 1) who keep me in arms all the time. And you? I would say I will see you at the Final 5 (which we WILL make), but I have to have back/neuro surgery on the 9th of March, but will be in GF for the West Regional (which... again... we WILL make) whether it is in a wheel chair or on crutches or with a walker!

Shoot me an email at harveyskees@hotmail.com so we can make plans to meet as it has been at least a year or two since we last met (Sensors in Bloomington I would guess?). Take care. Now, back to your regular flaming and banter...

Not since Christmas. Got two little ones (Skyler, Age 3 and Samantha, Age 1) who keep me in arms all the time. And you? I would say I will see you at the Final 5 (which we WILL make), but I have to have back/neuro surgery on the 9th of March, but will be in GF for the West Regional (which... again... we WILL make) whether it is in a wheel chair or on crutches or with a walker!

Shoot me an email at harveyskees@hotmail.com so we can make plans to meet as it has been at least a year or two since we last met (Sensors in Bloomington I would guess?). Take care. Now, back to your regular flaming and banter...

take care...say hi to Mark and Jim for me...

TD

Mankato must be getting pretty close to cracking these rankings. That could also be very positive since the sioux swept them.

Amen brother. I was just working the numbers earlier today and, other than Bemidji becoming a TUC/Tournament Member, Mankato cracking the rankings is the best thing that could happen for the Sioux besides the Sioux taking care of business themselves.

8th? Weren't we just on the bubble? this whole PWR system is pretty squishy....So if we lose tomorrow we're right back where we started? :D

Have to agree with the squishy part of this NC$$ selection process. Don't understand how a teams can be compared if they have played 8 or 28 games against TUC. UND is at a huge disadvantage compared to St Lawarence ( 28 to 8 in TUC). Sioux need to finish up in Denver and move home for the Tech and first round WCHA playoff!!!!

Not if the Sioux are a #4 seed...

Someone explain to me why when we get the #4 seed (which we will, quit wasting your time discussing it on a Friday night), MN will be shipped elsewhere:

1. Is there an objective rule that would deem it necessary; or

2. Do the pros outweigh the cons for the NCAA to make a subjective call to split UND and MN (GF revenue vs. overall tourney revenue, etc.).

Someone explain to me why when we get the #4 seed (which we will, quit wasting your time discussing it on a Friday night), MN will be shipped elsewhere:

2. Do the pros outweigh the cons for the NCAA to make a subjective call to split UND and MN (GF revenue vs. overall tourney revenue, etc.).

the ncaa does not want interconference match-ups in the 1st round of the tourney.

If UND makes the tourney, it will be as a #3 seed. The way all the comparisons would shake out in the end, I think it will be very hard for UND to finish 13 or 14 (which would be a #4 seed). Like I said, if they make the tourney, they will make it as at least a #3 seed. I've sat and analyzed the Pairwise and various scenarios and it's very hard to come up with a scenario that would play out where UND would finish #13 or #14 overall. They are either out of the tourney or in at least as a #3 seed (or #2 if they get hot the last couple weeks).

This could be seen by the last few weeks and looking at the Pairwise. After some Friday nights, UND has ended up as a #3 seed and then after Saturday night, the Sioux would be out of the tourney. Over the past few weeks, UND has not been a #4 seed in any projected bracket using the bonus. It's always been #3 or out of the tourney. From what I can tell, the same will hold true come the end of the season.

To answer your question ATLSiouxPhan,

Yes, it is a rule. The NCAA has stated so. They try to avoid intra-conference match-ups in the first round if at all possible while maintaining bracket integrity. They have said, though, that if five or more teams make the tourney from one conference, that this may be unavoidable depending on what seeds the five teams are because the NCAA isn't going to move a team from one band to another band (i.e. from a #4 seed to a #3 seed) just to avoid an intra-conference match-up in the first round if five or more teams from the same conference make it. Under that scenario, they would try to maintain bracket integrity.

But to further answer your question, see my post above about it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the Sioux to finish as a #4 seed.

To answer your question ATLSiouxPhan,

Yes, it is a rule. The NCAA has stated so. They try to avoid intra-conference match-ups in the first round if at all possible while maintaining bracket integrity. They have said, though, that if five or more teams make the tourney from one conference, that this may be unavoidable depending on what seeds the five teams are because the NCAA isn't going to move a team from one band to another band (i.e. from a #4 seed to a #3 seed) just to avoid an intra-conference match-up in the first round if five or more teams from the same conference make it. Under that scenario, they would try to maintain bracket integrity.

But to further answer your question, see my post above about it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the Sioux to finish as a #4 seed.

there ya go ATLSIOUXphan, ya happy now :D

If UND makes the tourney, it will be as a #3 seed. The way all the comparisons would shake out in the end, I think it will be very hard for UND to finish 13 or 14 (which would be a #4 seed). Like I said, if they make the tourney, they will make it as at least a #3 seed. I've sat and analyzed the Pairwise and various scenarios and it's very hard to come up with a scenario that would play out where UND would finish #13 or #14 overall. They are either out of the tourney or in at least as a #3 seed (or #2 if they get hot the last couple weeks).

This could be seen by the last few weeks and looking at the Pairwise. After some Friday nights, UND has ended up as a #3 seed and then after Saturday night, the Sioux would be out of the tourney. Over the past few weeks, UND has not been a #4 seed in any projected bracket using the bonus. It's always been #3 or out of the tourney. From what I can tell, the same will hold true come the end of the season.

#3 seed, #4 seed, whatever......that's not the point. The point is that when we get in at GF, what will/can/should/could the NCAA do about having MN in the same regional. My point is (and of course this is all based on big assumptions that we/MN even win), is it more beneficial to have UND-MN face each other in a regional final or in the Frozen Four? And, does the NCAA even have any subjective power to do anything about it. UND-MN games are huge for ratings/revenue etc, but how/when/where would that possible matchup best benefit the NCAA? I am not referring to any first round matchups. If I need to book a flight across the country to tell someone this face to face with the help of a diagram, please let me know.