SiouxSports.com Forum

Join Us Tonight at Sensors--Roseville

chandler23

MKSioux and I are going to Sensors tonight to watch the game. If you're interested, post here and we'll save you a chair.

Are they showing it illegally?...because I was told the Fox Sports RM was not availble to commerical establishments?...you can only have the Fox Sports in your region.

Are they showing it illegally?...because I was told the Fox Sports RM was not availble to commerical establishments?...you can only have the Fox Sports in your region.

So are you not showing it tonight? Good thing it's gonna be on 23 in town, because my plans were to come watch it at the bar.

Anyway, shouldn't it be available to show for anybody that has Dish (or DirecTV) with the sports package? Or can they make different rules dealing with commercial establishments?

So are you not showing it tonight? Good thing it's gonna be on 23 in town, because my plans were to come watch it at the bar.

Anyway, shouldn't it be available to show for anybody that has Dish (or DirecTV) with the sports package? Or can they make different rules dealing with commercial establishments?

Legally there are different rules for commercial establishments. Can they break them...sure they can..but if they get caught...oh boy.

cheesemover (Sensers guy) posted in the "Sioux on Satellite" thread

No FTA available, I heard from a very reliable source that it was going to be a scrambled feed via Digital satellite from FSN RM to FSSN for local viewing/transmission only

so it doesnt sound like they are showing it.

We would of found a way to show it...may not of been the right way?...thanks to Butch Moteberg at Midcontinent Cable for getting it for us the right way.....on #23 tonite in the grand forks area..

Really stupid We can get eveything at Home , but Commerical gets screwed, Not only costs more , but in some instances you can not even purchase...makes no sense, We live in NORTH DAKOTA for christs sakes!

Legally there are different rules for commercial establishments. Can they break them...sure they can..but if they get caught...oh boy.

cheesemover (Sensers guy) posted in the "Sioux on Satellite" thread

No FTA available, I heard from a very reliable source that it was going to be a scrambled feed via Digital satellite from FSN RM to FSSN for local viewing/transmission only

so it doesnt sound like they are showing it.

So you're saying that commercial establishments in Minneapolis CAN NOT show games from FSN-RM via DirecTV? That seems odd.

They exlcude commerical establishemnts , because they feel we make Huge amounts of money on these things?:blush:?, Fox Sports Networks are now like the NFL only regional coverage, Makes absolutley no sense when you live in NORTH DAKOTA... We always get screwed up here....

Anyway Butch at Midco Cable jumped thru alot of hoops to be able to share this signal with just the Grand Forks area customers...He should be thanked...I sent a letter to the Herald to Thank him on behalf of Local Sioux Fans

Do you think Charlotte would be considered 'surrounding area' of Grand Forks, cause I've been waiting a long time to see these games :blush:

But I'm still going to the sports bar with the smallest hope imagineable...

I'm not going to say where, but I know a lot (at least two) of bars in the Minneapolis area who seem to have both commercial Dish/Direct AND have a "residential" receiver. I don't know if they switch them out when need be to watch certain events, but I know I have seen it!

I'm not going to say where, but I know a lot (at least two) of bars in the Minneapolis area who seem to have both commercial Dish/Direct AND have a "residential" receiver. I don't know if they switch them out when need be to watch certain events, but I know I have seen it!

its been done...

Its also on SCSC as well. I may just tbe there as my wife probably won't want me bothering her in the living room as her daughter is coming into town this afternoon.