SiouxSports.com Forum

Robbie Bina

PCM

This item was in today's Grand Forks Herald College Clipboard:

Prognosis good for Robbie Bina

Ironically, the same week UND heads to Denver, Sioux defenseman Robbie Bina was able to take off his orange jersey at practice.

Bina, who suffered a broken neck when he was illegally checked from behind by Denver's Geoff Paukovich last March, had been skating with an orange "no hit" jersey.

But he received an OK from doctors this week that everything is 100 percent healed. He still plans on taking a medical redshirt this season, though, and returning next year as a junior.

"He's feeling good," Robbie's father Bob said. "The doctor gave him a real favorable report. Everything healed excellent. She said that he has full range of motion and that he shouldn't suffer any side effects later in life."

this is such great news for robbie and his family. i hope he can make the trip to denver to watch the guys!! hes a tough dude and whatever he decides to do i wish him the best. it would be great to see him in a sioux jersey next year but if he chooses not to thn i understand as well.

What a great outcome to a terrible situation that never should've happened.

Although we may like some type of revenge for the cheap shot by Punkovich, the bigger issue is Robbie and it's great to know we'll be seeing him on the ice next season.

Go Sioux!! Go Robbie!!

What a great outcome to a terrible situation that never should've happened.

Although we may like some type of revenge for the cheap shot by Punkovich, the bigger issue is Robbie and it's great to know we'll be seeing him on the ice next season.

Go Sioux!! Go Robbie!!

I think the issue second only to Robbie Bina's health is the fans letting the idea of some sort of payback go already. The last thing I want to see is some cheap shot penalty that causes the Sioux to lose a game this weekend or lose some players for next weekend. The best payback would be a sweep in Denver.

The NCAA tournament is on the line and you don't get a chance to host a regional every day giving you home ice advantage and an enhanced chance to make the Frozen Four.

Great news, Robbie Bina! Good luck to you.

After seeing that hit happen 11 rows in front of us last year, it's just a relief to see how well he's been able to recover. I will not forget sitting in that seat, with that horrible feeling in my gut as he lay on the ice.

I think the issue second only to Robbie Bina's health is the fans letting the idea of some sort of payback go already. The last thing I want to see is some cheap shot penalty that causes the Sioux to lose a game this weekend or lose some players for next weekend. The best payback would be a sweep in Denver.

The NCAA tournament is on the line and you don't get a chance to host a regional every day giving you home ice advantage and an enhanced chance to make the Frozen Four.

I totally agree with you. My statement about revenge is that there has been so much discussion about when, how, and who will get revenge is not as important as Bina's recovering/return (not that it was suggested otherwise). I'm sure that many at one time or another had wished for some type of revenge (as I had) but I fully agree that the discussion on revenge is getting old and we should all move on.

The best revenge (as you stated) is to beat DU this weekend and ultimately get as far as we can, up to and including, the Frozen Four.

Go Sioux!!

Great news, Robbie Bina! Good luck to you.

After seeing that hit happen 11 rows in front of us last year, it's just a relief to see how well he's been able to recover. I will not forget sitting in that seat, with that horrible feeling in my gut as he lay on the ice.

You must have been sitting right in front of me, I felt the same way. I have to go to Regions Hospital for work and even being there I was shook up about it.

Good luck Robbie! I hope to see him back on the ice next season.

Before I realized how badly hurt Robbie was, I was screaming bloody murder at Paukovitch about what a cheap arse he was. I hope you weren't the Sioux fan right behind me telling me that I wouldn't be saying that to Paukovitch's face. That guy sat directly behind me, and his point wasn't very relevant to the "discussion" at the moment.