SiouxSports.com Forum

JPars the man?

SiouxMeNow

So it looks like Hak has made his choice and JPar will be in the nets down the stretch...the right choice I think! He gets the job done and the guys seem to play harder in front of him than Phil - for whatever reason. That relegates Phil to the status of insurance policy I guess...not a bad thing to have either.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Hak is sticking to JPar. But it's hard to say no to a guy who got a shutout the night before. I wouldn't really be surprised to see Phil play one of the games against Denver.

I doubt it, I bet Hak rides JPar the rest of the way. Jordy has proven to be a top line goalie and I have little confidence in Phil right now.

IMO if we are going to win the rest of the way ride the JPAR bandwagon!! Get on now because, the guys play so much better with him in net.

Bus is leaving the station on the Jordy Bandwagon. I am definately on it. I was also on it last season too so I have reserved a seat on it again.

I say we may as well ride JPar now because there is little to no guarantee that he will be hanging around for another year.

I would give him a game, or two, of rest. Maybe one game with Tech, maybe one game in the Final Five, not to be jumping the gun.

One shift at a time. Here on in. I agree that most of those shifts should be skated in front of Parise.

I strongly disagree, unless we have Jpar in net our chances of winning go down by a huge factor. IMO I have a lot of faith in Lammy, but we have not won many games in front of him. As far as Jpar leaving do you know something, where would he go not the NHL.

First off, I believe Jordan should play both games in Denver, but I don't see why Phil can't get some playing time (and IMO, he should to give Jordan some rest before the playoffs) against MTU.

Secondly, how do you know JPar won't make the NHL? To be honest, Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins was a career minor leaguer... but fancy now he's an NHL goaltender. No one knows what Jordan's lot in hockey is after UND. Will he sign early? I doubt it, but it is possible. I don't think any NHL team is going to try to "beat the rush" on an already undrafted free agent.

Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins was a career minor leaguer... but fancy now he's an NHL goaltender. No one knows what Jordan's lot in hockey is after UND. Will he sign early? I doubt it, but it is possible. I don't think any NHL team is going to try to "beat the rush" on an already undrafted free agent.

Tim Thomas has been the man in Boston since they lost their top goaltender, Raycroft has faultered and Tim has taken the load as the number one goaltender. Also, Tim was the top goaltender in the Finnish elite league last season.

First off, I believe Jordan should play both games in Denver, but I don't see why Phil can't get some playing time (and IMO, he should to give Jordan some rest before the playoffs) against MTU.

Secondly, how do you know JPar won't make the NHL? To be honest, Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins was a career minor leaguer... but fancy now he's an NHL goaltender. No one knows what Jordan's lot in hockey is after UND. Will he sign early? I doubt it, but it is possible. I don't think any NHL team is going to try to "beat the rush" on an already undrafted free agent.

Well I have a whole lot of wishfull thinking that JPAR won't leave. But I do think he has as good of chance of playing at a higher level.

Well I have a whole lot of wishfull thinking that JPAR won't leave. But I do think he has as good of chance of playing at a higher level.

I do to but I think he'll need his 4th college year to prove to NHL scouts he's legit - assuming he can keep the numbers up. He already managed to overcome the "he's only here because Zach's here crowd".

he needs to clean up his game BIG TIME if he is ever going to make it to the next level...he is a very sound goalie as far as mechanics go, but he gets away from them from time to time, sometimes more than he should and it costs him. I think he has very good potential, but not after this year, and certainly not immediately after next year. I think he'll need some seasoning in the minors to clean up the flopping and his tendancies to wander (which he has improved on greatly since his freshman year), and we'll have to see. Nobody can argue his work ethic or his hockey smarts, and we all know it's in his blood.

he needs to clean up his game BIG TIME if he is ever going to make it to the next level...he is a very sound goalie as far as mechanics go, but he gets away from them from time to time, sometimes more than he should and it costs him. I think he has very good potential, but not after this year, and certainly not immediately after next year. I think he'll need some seasoning in the minors to clean up the flopping and his tendancies to wander (which he has improved on greatly since his freshman year), and we'll have to see. Nobody can argue his work ethic or his hockey smarts, and we all know it's in his blood.

jpar does have some stuff to clean up but i dont think anyone here thinks he would step in on a NHL team right away. its obvious that he would have to go to the AHL for a few seasons. either way he has been great for the sioux and im on the jpar wagon!!