SiouxSports.com Forum

What to watch for this weekend

supersioux

Personally I plan to watch the Ohio State vs Wis game this weekend. Mostly because it's in Green Bay outside on a football field. I guess they are trying to see what that will be like when the Frozen Four is played in Detriot.

I can't stand the idea of the Badgers or the Gophers taking home the MacNaughton Cup but that looks like who will be getting it. Even worse...the Gophers getting to play "at home" in our Arena for the Regionals.

So I think the question is a good one. Who needs to beat who to help us move up or at least hold ground in the rankings?

If I were you I'd root against:

Fairbanks - UND needs to take over TUC.

BU - UND needs to pass them in RPI and maintain CO. 50/50.

Cornell - UND needs to retake RPI and sweep UMD who is a CO. This is looking somewhat tough as Cornell has mostly winning teams remaining on their schedule.

DU - Out of principle.

Michigan - UND needs to pass them in RPI. Tossup.

UNO - UND needs to retake RPI. This one is probable.

Providence - Sioux need to maintain razor thin RPI edge and have Providence lose to either UNH or NE.

SCSU - UND needs to take back both TUC and CO. This is a 50/50.

Also against Ohio State, Ferris, Mich State, and SLU.

The real thing you need is for the Sioux to start sweeping teams and the rest of the things will take care of themselves.

The real thing you need is for the Sioux to start sweeping teams and the rest of the things will take care of themselves.

Gee, what a couple of crazy concepts hidden in that sentence:

- Control what's yours to control.

- Winning solves myriads of problems.

If I were you I'd root against:

Fairbanks - UND needs to take over TUC.

BU - UND needs to pass them in RPI and maintain CO. 50/50.

Cornell - UND needs to retake RPI and sweep UMD who is a CO. This is looking somewhat tough as Cornell has mostly winning teams remaining on their schedule.

DU - Out of principle.

Michigan - UND needs to pass them in RPI. Tossup.

UNO - UND needs to retake RPI. This one is probable.

Providence - Sioux need to maintain razor thin RPI edge and have Providence lose to either UNH or NE.

SCSU - UND needs to take back both TUC and CO. This is a 50/50.

Also against Ohio State, Ferris, Mich State, and SLU.

Well let's hope nobody ends up in the clink...ice fishing is a dangerous past time :lol:

If I cheer against Ohio State that also means I am cheering for Wis. Then you have that principal thing again. Who does AA play? Maybe I'll just cheer for them, they are kinda underdogs in this whole thing and at least have a couple of the colors right. :lol:

Harvard will have to face NE next week in the Beanpot Losers game. UND needs NE to come up with the win or tie.

Well... NE does play cheap so, if they injure enough players and run the Harvard goaltender enough, maybe they will.

Otherwise, I can't see Harvard losing. :lol:

Well... NE does play cheap so, if they injure enough players and run the Harvard goaltender enough, maybe they will.

Otherwise, I can't see Harvard losing. ???

have we returned the BEANPOT throphy from last year that we own :lol: