SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

Sioux-cia

I was wondering the same thing about the CC-SCSU series next week... SCSU is one point ahead of us, CC is one point behind us... that's tough!

Maybe a split would be best for UND so that neither team gets too far ahead.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be good that UMD got off the schnide (?) before coming to town. I really wasn't looking forward to playing them on a whatever long losing streak. Of course, maybe this will give them confidence, and make them that much harder to play. I don't know. I just always think streaks are made to be broken.

If Stafford has altitude sickness regularly, and Zajac killed a lot of penalties that might explain why they weren't able to get it done at the end of the game.

Maybe a split would be best for UND so that neither team gets too far ahead.

Best chance for home ice would probably be if St. Cloud sweeps. A split puts the Sioux in 6th, 3pts behind St. Cloud for 4th and 1 pt behind CC for 5th.

Remaining Sched.

date		 StCloud		 CC						 Sioux

2/17,18	  at MSU		  AA						 UMD

2/24,25	  MichTech		at UMD					 at Denver

3/03,04	  at Wisc		 Denver/at Denver		   MichTech

Not sure anyone has an advantage.

Sioux drop to 16th in Pairwise. A win would have probably put them somewhere 8-10th.

Somewhere here the Sioux are going to have to sweep a series against a good team (denver or 1st round WCHA) if they want to move up and stay there. It's a given that they have to sweep UMD and Tech.

This game and the 1st St. Cloud game (leading 2-1 after 2, lost 3-2, same as tonight) really hurt their WCHA standing and their NCAA standing.

At this point, I could care less about WCHA standing. All I want to do is to make the NCAAs. We aren't out of the picture on that, but we have to play sharper than this.

2 games. Back to back good games. I'd love to see that.

"We haven't been as good playing with the lead."

Well... we haven't been that good coming from behind either.

We can't count on winning games by 2+ goals every time. We have to find ways to win tight games.

Jones' penalty was crap. NO, it wasn't a bad call, it was a crap call. Jones can play physical but we HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO start learning when and where to hit the guy. I mean, 10 or 11 CFB Majors? Wow. Sounds like we don't have a clue when not to hit the other guy.

I love physical game play, but we've got to learn to hold up sometimes.

Nothing wrong at all with this road split. Nothing at all. Ain't like we got swept at home by a lower tier team.

Sure, the backs are a bit on the wall. All in all, little is wrong with that. We've got a week off, then a key home series with a solid Duluth club that finally remembered what it is like to win last night.

Then a crucial trip to Denver. A split is critical there. Then, wrapping it up with Tech. Can't afford a loss there.

That 5-6 match-up in the WCHA first round is going to be a barn burner.

Losing Jones for the third period last night was not good. Five guys rotating in thin air, playing against some rabid Tigers in dire need of a win. That third period "collapse" was no collapse at all. Just another Saturday night in the WCHA.

I have no doubt that the boys will be using the break well, and that they will return to the ice for the stretch drive ready, willing, and well able.

Git them West Regional tickets now. Sioux-Gophers are on a potential collision course. March 25.