SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

Someone needs to put this team on their back and carry them, starting tonight. Here is my list of those possible candidates. First, #18, he needs to be stellar from here on in, this team really needs an effort from him. Second, #'s 11 and 15, they need to find some of the magic they had in last year's late season run. Third, #27, he needs to pull the team together and get them all going the same direction, that is why he is wearing the "Big C", it's more than just another letter to clutter up your pretty jersey. If these guys don't get the job done, the only hope we have is that #7, and #9 finish the year strong and set the tone for the future, which may be short for them. (That's not to say that we don't need these two to come up big, from here on out, cause we do).

I think the players have to release themselves. I don't blame the coach in all of this. They have to want it.

They have to prevail.

Good point. I think in today's paper Hakstol says about the same thing. We have to worry about coming out with the grit to get the job done, and that starts in the locker room.

I agree, Sioux-Habit, goaltending is going to be important this weekend and we need whoever is in net to stop the ones they can stop. Fortunately to this point I think our goalies should be giving the team the necessary confidence to be aggressive offensively.

Goon, I don't know how CC is going to react. They've had to weeks to sit on the fact they've been swept 4 straight games and a lack of confidence MIGHT come into play. They may come out like shook up hornets, or they may come out slow from being off for 2 weeks. It's hard to predict. Sometimes it seems like teams aren't real sharp after a layoff.

In watching CC and Denver last year, Denver seemed to have good success cycling the puck against the smaller CC team. If the Sioux stay strong on the puck, there's a lot of room for skilled forwards to work themselves free (lots of room for a mistake to be taken advantage of by CC as well).

I don't know how things are going to go this weekend, but I can see how this could go either way.

And on the PP, SHOOT the puck!!!! Don't wait for the perfect play to be set up!

Someone tell the boys its not a no checking/no slapshot league,it's ok to take a boomer from the point and pick up some garbage goals. Goon I agree somewhat but the staff should sit those who aren't going 100% and shorten up the bench.

Third, #27, he needs to pull the team together and get them all going the same direction, that is why he is wearing the "Big C", it's more than just another letter to clutter up your pretty jersey.

Personally, I think he's getting the job done. But there's only so much he can be responsible for.

Goon, I don't know how CC is going to react. They've had to weeks to sit on the fact they've been swept 4 straight games and a lack of confidence MIGHT come into play. They may come out like shook up hornets, or they may come out slow from being off for 2 weeks. It's hard to predict. Sometimes it seems like teams aren't real sharp after a layoff.

I think UND can do it they just have to stop making excuse for themselves. C.C. is a good team but they have looked average the last three times I have seen them play even to a point I think UND if they come in with the right mental game could really take it to them and lay the woods to the Tigers. I think their vulnerable. But so are the Sioux. Time for the Boys to check their egos at the door and play hockey

------- http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/

. . . . .but the staff should sit those who aren't going 100% and shorten up the bench.

Not a good weekend to be shortening up the bench what with the thin air in a city that is over a mile high.

These guys are going to be sucking for air. Everybody plays. Everybody contributes.

I'll be doing my share in my chair with a bowl of chips on my belly and a bottle of beer in my hand.

My correspondent who is on the ground, and actually embedded in Colorado Springs, just filed a report. He was driving by the CC campus and just happened to see Owens and Hakstol strolling together, chewing the fat, getting into a car. Sadly, my correspondent could not verify who was getting into the driver's seat.

I think that Hakstol is going to be in the driver's seat, driving this team to at least three, if not four, points this weekend.

Drop the puck!!

nice.......................

Not a good weekend to be shortening up the bench what with the thin air in a city that is over a mile high.

These guys are going to be sucking for air. Everybody plays. Everybody contributes.

I'll be doing my share in my chair with a bowl of chips on my belly and a bottle of beer in my hand.

and i will be doing my part double fisted with 2 bottles of beer in my hands ;)

And on the PP, SHOOT the puck!!!! Don't wait for the perfect play to be set up!

Not just the power play.....all the time....I remember when this team used to put up 40 shots a night, every night. there are too many finese play makers and not enough shot takers. shoot the gdam puck, pick the corners, get a rebound, ugly goals go on the scoreboard too, i want to see someone put up a highlight reel goal(like oshie's in last years state final)* i don't want to see 28 chances go by the boards cuz a 2 on 1 turned into a pass into the defensmans skates and a rush the other way. SHOOT THE PUCK!!! GO SIOUX!!!

*For those who didn't see it, in overtime of last years MN state HSH tourney championship game, warroad was in the offensive zone face off dot to the goalies left. oshie "won" the draw through the legs of the other teams center, walked around him, both him and the goalie dove for the puck, oshie beat him and from his back fed it out front to a waiting winger and a wide open net. game over. state champs. Thats the kind of highlight reel goal i wanna see, nothing but hard work and determination to put the puck in the net.

Personally, I think he's getting the job done. But there's only so much he can be responsible for.

Dags, I'm not saying that he's not doing the job, merely pointing out that he needs to be exceptional in his role to do what he can to fire these guys up, that's all. I agree that he has been good, but we need a STRONG leader now more than ever.

NDH I feel honored you would answer an idiot savant. Maybe if the guys who are sucking for air will make the guys work harder when they come back to the bench and let the others that are sitting no how they feel about long shifts and shorter rests.

Not just the power play.....all the time....I remember when this team used to put up 40 shots a night, every night. there are too many finese play makers and not enough shot takers. shoot the gdam puck, pick the corners, get a rebound, ugly goals go on the scoreboard too, i want to see someone put up a highlight reel goal(like oshie's in last years state final)* i don't want to see 28 chances go by the boards cuz a 2 on 1 turned into a pass into the defensmans skates and a rush the other way. SHOOT THE PUCK!!! GO SIOUX!!!

*For those who didn't see it, in overtime of last years MN state HSH tourney championship game, warroad was in the offensive zone face off dot to the goalies left. oshie "won" the draw through the legs of the other teams center, walked around him, both him and the goalie dove for the puck, oshie beat him and from his back fed it out front to a waiting winger and a wide open net. game over. state champs. Thats the kind of highlight reel goal i wanna see, nothing but hard work and determination to put the puck in the net.

And this is exactly what I mean about carrying the team on your back, that's exactly what TJ did in that game, and when it came down to crunch time, he made a big time play. I was at that game. Now I have to ask myself, who is going to carry this team ?