SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches Show. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or U.S. College Hockey Online. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the written permission of the author.

From the Green Mill, Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman are the hosts with Sioux hockey coach Dave Hakstol.

TH: The Sioux won a couple of games from Minnesota State-Mankato and got the town buzzing. They were as entertaining as any games as we

Edited by PCM

Tonight I got a newfound respect for these recaps, PCM.

I caught roughly half of the coaches show tonight (beginning up until after Hak made the remark about the shot blocking).

I'll have to say it's nice to read your recaps because you cut alot of the crap out of it. I believe it was Swygman who spent nearly a minute blabbing about how to properly say Minnesota State University-Mankato and when you can and cannot use the different forms of it. I'll tell you, that was a minute spent where a caller could have used the airtime MUCH more efficiently than that crap.

In any case, thanks PCM.

The only thing I got confused about was this "review" process. What review process is he talking about? PCM already cited the rulebook. There IS no review process!

It also seemed quite evident that Hak held his tongue during that portion of the interview.

Well, either way, that puts two issues to bed:

The DQ situation and who's gonna play for Radke and Finley on Friday.

Sorry for the delay. The kids needed the computer and then I got a phone call. :lol:

Well, I can appreciate that, but now I've stayed up later than I intended to. Because of that, I'm worried I might oversleep in the morning. If that happens, I won't get my dog outside in time to take care of his business. This has thrown off the whole rest of my week. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on schedule so I can make it up to GF in time to see the puck drop on Friday night. PCM, there could be literally thousands of people out here whose lives have been turned upside down just because your kids needed the computer for a school project and you decided to yap on the phone. ???

Well, I can appreciate that, but now I've stayed up later than I intended to. Because of that, I'm worried I might oversleep in the morning. If that happens, I won't get my dog outside in time to take care of his business. This has thrown off the whole rest of my week. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on schedule so I can make it up to GF in time to see the puck drop on Friday night. PCM, there could be literally thousands of people out here whose lives have been turned upside down just because your kids needed the computer for a school project and you decided to yap on the phone. :lol:

You can wait until morning? My dog just piddled on the carpet. Time to get her outside and to bed.

Thanks PCM!!!!

In any case, thanks PCM.

You're welcome. I'm sure the crap I cut comes no where near the amount I produce. :lol:

The only thing I got confused about was this "review" process. What review process is he talking about? PCM already cited the rulebook. There IS no review process!
I went through the NCAA rule book with a fine-toothed comb looking at every rule that I thought might apply to the situation. The added emphais is mine.

HR-45 RULE 5/OFFICIALS AND OFFICIATING SYSTEMS

Referee(s)

SECTION 3. In case of any dispute, the referee(s) may change the decision or that of any other official, provided the change is made before play is renewed.

The referee(s) decision is final; there is no appeal.

HR-42 RULE 4/PENALTIES

Supplementary Discipline

SECTION 10. The proper disciplinary authority may, at the conclusion of the game, and at its discretion, investigate any incident that occurs in connection with any game and may assess additional suspensions for any offense committed before, during or after a game by a player, coach or non-playing personnel, independent of whether such offense had been penalized by a referee. The proper disciplinary authority may not decrease any penalties assessed before, during or after the game by the on-ice officials.

Note: The proper disciplinary authority has a responsibility to identify the proper penalized player.

RULE 6/PLAYING RULES HR-71

Protests

SECTION 39. Protests are not recognized or allowed.

There can be a review by the "proper disciplinary authority" (the WCHA) to determine the if penalties were given to the proper players, to add penalties after the fact or to increase the severity of a penalty. The rules very clearly state that there is no process to review penalties for the purpose of reducing or removing them.

The rules also very clearly state that once a penalty is assessed during the game, it can't be changed once play is resumed. There is nothing in the rules saying that the referee is allowed to change the penalties he gave during the game after the game is over.

PCM, there could be literally thousands of people out here whose lives have been turned upside down just because your kids needed the computer for a school project and you decided to yap on the phone. ???

Sounds like a class-action lawsuit is on the way. :lol:

I might have to add another paragraph to my disclaimer. :sad:

Sounds like a class-action lawsuit is on the way. ???

I might have to add another paragraph to my disclaimer. :p

What!!! :sad: Only one computer!!! How can that be? Weren't we recently informed that every Fighting Sioux fan has two late model cars and lots of other good stuff that the Name Changers don't have!? Sell the Mercedes, already and get another computer, for Pete's sake. :lol:

Thanks for the recap! I especially liked

They're a hard-nosed hokey team.

I didn't read this until this morning, but my lab peed on the floor last night also. Must be some sort of Gopher conspiracy ???

Hmm, my son and his girlfriend were here for the weekend from Mpls. My dogs, a white German Shepard and a German Shepard cross, were peeing on their car all weekend long. Must have been the Mn plates. :lol: