SiouxSports.com Forum

Jason Notermann a captain?

jeffa

I haven't been to a game in awhile but talked to a friend who went to the CC games who said that Jason had a C along with Ryan Hale. I never heard anything about this so was just wondering if he's been a captain for some time now or if this is something new.

Coach Blais gave him the honor when Ryan was out with his shoulder.

I guess he has been playing well and doing whatever they ask him so coach Blais surprised him at the pregame meal before Canisius game.

I guess he told the guys that he has done everything they want and that he wanted to give him the honor to be captain for the Sioux. Wow this year is really fun. I couldn't believe that comeback I had a tear on my cheek when we came back to tie on Saturday night.

Way to go Sioux!!! We are thrilled.

We asked Jason's and Marc's Bantam coach to the game on Saturday and Marc R got in and took charge and Jason played hard and well and the whole team was great and Saturday night Spiewak scored and David Hale and "Magic Bochenski Scored" And Lundbohm Scored and we got the job done against all odds. Coach Fish is now the HS coach at Owatonna.

He also coached Canzanello and Stuart on the CC Tigers and they both played well too!

He had a great time and really loved the fans at Engelstad.

It was a great weekend.

I am so proud of these guys but we have the toughest part yet to go.

I think the guys are ready and getting better ever day.

Mason and Parise are doing alot of scoring.

What about Fyliing, Connelly, and Mason line this weekend. Prpch,Canady, Genoway line too. We have the team to do the job.

Let's get it done.

E very

S ioux

P layer

N eeds

2 two Rings

Rings...

Jason only has one and we got close one other time. Only this year left. I think this team can do it.

Go Sioux!!!!

Go Sioux Smoke the Gophers!!!!!!!!!!

It has been unbelievable to have a son play on the Sioux. :(:p:0:0

E very

S ioux

P layer

N eeds

2 two Rings

Rings...

Jason only has one and we got close one other time. Only this year left. I think this team can do it.

Go Sioux!!!!

Go Sioux Smoke the Gophers!!!!!!!!!!

It has been unbelievable to have a son play on the Sioux. :(:p:0:0

Great story, and regardless of whether this senior class gets any MORE titles or more rings, they will be remembered a long time for their leadership, and for getting the winning tradition back in the locker room.

================================

Just a quick thought ... in all of UND hockey history, just 14 players have earned 2 championship rings ... a very, VERY select group. Much rarer than being named all-America. It's even a smaller group than UND's Hobey Baker nominees. Just 14 players:

10 from 1980 and 1982 - Craig Ludwig, Darren Jensen, Carey Eades, Dusty Carroll, Glen White, Phil Sykes, Dean Dachyshyn, Troy Magnuson, Frank Burggraf, Pierre Lamoureax.

4 from 97 and 00 - Jason Ulmer, Brad Defauw, Tim OConnell, and Peter Armbrust.

Pretty rare company.

====================

In fact, as I recall those teams that won titles, they all had terrific, selfless, role-model seniors, and they had energy and enthusiasm from the younger guys.

Maybe. Just maybe ...

CB was on with Tim and Swyg this morning -- they asked CB if Jason was a captain -- no, but he was and more importantly ......... he is a leader on this team, he is working so hard and he knows how to win. Tim stated that it's good to see him score goals and his move was fabulous. CB said that it is fun to see Jason have success.

Vrooooom - right over my head. Sorry.

I think most Gopher fans respect Jason and his play. Yes, there are some Gopher fans not crazy about his dad for a variety of reasons. If anything though, they should respect his passion for and love of the game.

But there are very many fans who think Jason is a hack going back to his hit on O'leary, and his attempt to mess with Westrum, etc.

Jason is the man. I interviewed him a couple of times last season after games and you could just tell by looking at him that he was extremely displeased with the team's performance. I was glad that I didn't have to answer to him.

With or without the C, you just know that he's one of the main reasons for the team's turnaround this season. And it's much more fun to interview him after a win. :(