SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Gophers

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I call "non-fans". Saw the same thing when I was at UND, and I'd yell that at them :D I've never left a game early, and unfortunately, true fans just have to sit back and gut performances like we see tonight. I'm not happy, but I'm still watching.

Not trying to be nit-picky here, but Zajac is averging a point a game, not bad considering that's second on the team in scoring. He also is an unbelieveable face-off man, by far the most dependable man for when you need a face-off one for this team, this year. Maybe he's not doing high-light reel moves, but he does a lot of the little things I believe that can unnoticed to the un-trained eye. Just my opinion though.

Having played hockey and coached hockey, I don't buy the un-trained eye thing. I realize Zajac is having an overall good year but like my post said, I expected a monster year where he would really break out and be the offensive spark-plug for this team, especially after seeing him dominate in the Frozed Four last year. I did not mean it as a knock on him.

I would rather have you ripping the fans and not the team! :D

Just remember, there is nothing more irrelevant than a half-time lead...I've seen the Gophs free-fall many, many times. I've seen the Sioux make huge comebacks when they had to. All the games count since they display the character of the team. But "Never Quitting" is tells the most about character. The Sioux might get forced out of post-season play, but if they do, I hope the go down fighting. That's all.

But we all know it's not over. Technically, the Sioux could start out in the WCHA tourney as the 10th seed and as long as they never lose another game, they could end up winning it all. They have the talent, we've seen the coaching come through before. We'll soon see whether these guys can dig down, put it together and make a run. If not, they better go down fighting...

phil fires the puck into the stands as the horn sounds....damn that sucked...get a split tommorow..can someone please make sure danny irmen does not play tomorrow night..wow he just kills the sioux.....time to go drink more............good night............

That was awful.

The hardest part to watch is that we are not yet playing as a team. We make individual plays, but we're not yet seeing everyone on the ice.

Top it all off, the lines were awful, the reffing was awful, and my popcorn was soggy.

The only positive is we did compete in the 3rd.

Tomorrow will be better. Hopefully.

Hak's comments:

"I don't think we turned a wheel all night."

"One night you really feel bad for your goaltender."

On the Potulny goal, "Drew Stafford didn't follow a play that's been drawn up on the board all week."

"A step behind on everything tonight..."

"Only two weeks off the break. We shouldn't be run down."

"Looking for a consistent effort from the team. Tonight was like a step backwards in consistency."

"Gotta come out tomorrow night and show some heart and character...bottom line."

Couldn't agree more Hak.

typical sioux fan, blame the refs. they accounted for 5 goals obviously. grow up.

Go back and read the thread tool...there were not many complaints about the refs tonight...it was all about our team which came out and did nothing for themselves and everything for the Gophers...Enjoy your win over on GPL and leave us alone... :D

That was awful.

The hardest part to watch is that we are not yet playing as a team. We make individual plays, but we're not yet seeing everyone on the ice.

Top it all off, the lines were awful, the reffing was awful, and my popcorn was soggy.

The only positive is we did compete in the 3rd.

Tomorrow will be better. Hopefully.

Were you there, farce? If so, I'm very sorry to hear that! :D

Lammy's shot into the crowd at the end of the game was really too bad. Very dangerous. Not a great way to end that crapfest of a game.

Gophs looked very good, of course. I just can't get over how dominant Potulny and Irmen are against UND this year. They can do no wrong. The Sioux were much worse than I anticipated. I expected them to get beat tonight, but not this badly. Now, the third period by itself was actually quite enjoyable to watch. As much as Woog wanted to discount their play, UND actually had some life. Was it just the Gophs letting up, or did this team decide to put some effort in?

A lopsided loss like this does not tank the season (the ones against teams like AA do). If UND can get 2 pts out of this weekend, which, last I checked was still possible, then all will be right. I don't see an @ss kicking like this again tomorrow. Humiliation can have a positive effect for a team with skill.

Let's get two tomorrow and get outta gooferville humbled but satisified.

taz

Lammy's shot into the crowd at the end of the game was really too bad. Very dangerous. Not a great way to end that crapfest of a game.

Gophs looked very good, of course. I just can't get over how dominant Potulny and Irmen are against UND this year. They can do no wrong. The Sioux were much worse than I anticipated. I expected them to get beat tonight, but not this badly. Now, the third period by itself was actually quite enjoyable to watch. As much as Woog wanted to discount their play, UND actually had some life. Was it just the Gophs letting up, or did this team decide to put some effort in?

A lopsided loss like this does not tank the season (the ones against teams like AA do). If UND can get 2 pts out of this weekend, which, last I checked was still possible, then all will be right. I don't see an @ss kicking like this again tomorrow. Humiliation can have a positive effect for a team with skill.

taz

Your a fUC#iNG iDIOT

taz

No, watched on TV.

Agree with your comments. Just gotta hope for better play tomorrow.