SiouxSports.com Forum

Ranfranz is a starter

chief123

Ranfranz is a starter! while small he has the talent and skills to keep the puck out of the net.. He's been a starter all his life starting for Rochester MAYO high school and helping to take them to the state hockey tourney..Playing for the Rochester Mustangs And a very good Billings Bulls team from Montana that managed to make it to nationals..This kids at his best when he sees alot of shots..And he's stellar when the crowd gets into the game..

Coach Blais needs to stand up and make the call, the right call to #35 RANFRANZ and stick with this kid he's the real deal he has the work ethic and ambition to get the job done!! THanks CHIEF

I'll be honest. I haven't read all of the replies on this topic, but as far as position-goaltending, he is the man on this years team. He doesn't flop down, nor does he fly off to one side of the net or the other. He is a solid performer, and I don't think they have opened the 4 barrels on this hot rod to this point of his career. I'm not saying that he is the one to save the team, but I will ensure you of this, he will be there when he is supposed to be. He is a great (walk-on) back-up goalie, and from what I know of him, he will be happier than punch to find himself in the net just as he has been in recent past.....enough time to pull out the heroic tie/win/glove save/heart-stopper! I think this kid has college tending potential, and I hope to see him just where he is....in the net when no one else can pull it off!

I've been saying all season that Ranfranz is the man to go to and he

proved it tonight when he went in for Siembeda and what a stellar

performance. The rest of the year should be Brandt/Ranfranz as the

one two punch unless of course their are injuries!

Go Sioux!!!

Parise for Hobey!!

I'm still not sure if Ranfranz is one of "the men" but based upon what I've seen with Siembida this year and what I've read about Sedivie and Lamoureux they are not the answer.

I'm fed up with the goalie situation. After tonight's game I heard people say " Pull Siembida's scholarship, tell Sedevie and Lamoureux No Thanks, and get a goalie from someplace". I'm sure that every team needs a goalie but how does a team like Maine get two like Howard and Doyle. We need a goalie like these guys.

We either need a good goalie or we need a good goalie coach.

Any suggestions?

Sievebieda is done for the year he played terrible, which is nothing new, Blais needs to swallow his pride and put Ranfranz out there next week both games and watch him do well. There is no way and I mean no way Senja should have scored that third goal sievebieda was in position put for some reason he dropped his left shoulder allowing senja to shelf him. If Blais knew what was good for the team he'd start Ranfranz next week because it seems the crowd and the team is behind him and there's no way we can ride Brandt or Sievebieda to the championship, with goaltending this weekend we could have sweept but out goaltending sucked ass.

GO RANFRANZ!!!!!

Some seem to think we need to keep coming back and giving Josh another chance, for what reason I don't know. Josh down right sucks. When I heard that Brandt was sick I said oh we will lose for sure tonight.

There isn't any reason why we shouldn't have two goalies like Maine since I feel we are a better more storied program than Maine...

Any suggestions?

If you were at the game they played a clip from the "Mighty Ducks" movie.Where Goldie is tied STANDING up in the net and the team fires shots at the kid.

Do you think Blaiser seen it?

What is up with net minders under 6ft tall thinking they have to drop to their knees when the puck is GOING over their shoulder every stinking time?(besides praying)Hello?Anyone?

Mark is to busy doing the old "Eddie Belfour". So I am not worried about him. :(