SiouxSports.com Forum

USA vs. RUSSIA

AZSIOUX

....quit blaming myself as well as other Sioux fans for holding kessel to a higher standard...

I think we all want Kessel to do more. Shoot more, pass earlier, etc....

I think we will get it all at next years WJC. If he goes to the NHL, the team who plays him is going to want these things as well. As a Gopher fan I hope to see it all this spring as well.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I had said in another post, I thought phil passed up some opportunities to put the puck on net against the czek's. I'm not a fan of phil, but I don't dispute his potential. Based on games I've seen him play I have formed opinions of him. Selfish is not a good term, possibly sometimes his decision making is more the question, shoot instead of pass or vice versa, or maybe trying to create or do too much by himself. Of course I'm childish and immature, so just take all of this for what it is worth, probably not very much.

Ah Dennis Hextall, one of the early great Canadians to star for the Sioux. :lol:

On another note, the USA is currently playing Team Quebec in the Under 17 Gold Medal Game on TSN. The game is in Regina, Saskatchewan and I proud to report that I haven't heard a single boo from the Canadian fans towards either team. Slight edge in cheering for the Quebec team that features Esposito. It is 2-1 for Team Quebec late in the second period.

Hextall D Olson is the name of my son.... after the Great Goaltender (Ron Hextall)

I think we all want Kessel to do more. Shoot more, pass earlier, etc....

I think we will get it all at next years WJC. If he goes to the NHL, the team who plays him is going to want these things as well. As a Gopher fan I hope to see it all this spring as well.

I think your right how many times did kessel go up the ice shoot and then the puck is coming back down the ice to the defensive zone. It happened a lot against Russia. USA didn't cycle the puck and having Bourque and Kessel on the same line didn't help.

For the benefit of my US friends, Don Cherry did take a shot at Vancouver on tonights Hockey Night in Canada. He told fans in the US not to feel bad about the booing because Vancouver fans are the worst hockey fans on the planet. He reminded all Canadians of the 1972 Summit Series against the Russians and the game that was played in Vancouver. Canada lost that game and the Vancouver fans booed our team. Some of you may have recalled how upset Phil Esposito was in his interview after that game where he questioned "what is it with Vancouver fans booing us after we played our hearts out". Vancouver has no winter to speak of, knows nothing about the game of hockey, and should have stuck to Soccer and Rugby. Unfortunately they have already been awarded the 2010 Winter Games because the rest of us would hope they are never awarded another international hockey tournament.