SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux "Skill Advantage?"

Snake

I wasn't trying to pick on you. It seems that's widely used around here. That was a general memo. Not that I'm great with spelling or use of the english language. But like "borrow" vs "lend", the "pre-madonna" usage was like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I thought pre-madonna was the ss spelling, like "sudo" is. Someone should make a dictionary for this site :lol:

I wasn't trying to pick on you. It seems that's widely used around here. That was a general memo. Not that I'm great with spelling or use of the english language. But like "borrow" vs "lend", the "pre-madonna" usage was like fingernails on a chalkboard.

That explanation is unexceptable. :lol:

I was debating on whether or not to weigh in on this topic and decided that I might as well. For those of you who played varsity sports at the same age as these players think back to how you behaved. Some of the players may seem like prima donas to you but based on my own experiences I would have to say that the players who pull on the Sioux hockey jerseys conduct themselves in a very mature and modest manner. They know that as individuals and as a team they are the cream of the crop in Div I hockey; however, every other Div One team knows this as well and would like nothing better than to upset them. I still believe we are in for an exciting finish to this season.

Finally, I don't think it is fair to single out Stafford. I know I have personally noted that we only seem to win whenever he scores. That wasn't meant as a slight against him, rather it was meant to imply that with the balance of talent on this team the Sioux should be able to win even when he isn't a factor on the scoresheet.

You're absolutely right, dagies,-the word is spelled "prima donna"--I'm a CPA, so Math's my thing, not English. And I'm flattered that some think I'm a pissed off "former or current Sioux player." I used to play in my high school days, but due to an injury, have hung up my skates. I do have a 10 year old son who plays and has gone to the Sioux hockey camps for the last couple of summers--have met many of the players & have never gotten the impression they think they're hot stuff. They have always been courteous, humble, & patient with the kids. All i'm saying is they can only get better with "fan" encouragement, but may be discouraged with the animosity that's shown sometimes. B,t.w., I highly doubt the players read this stuff anyway--at least I hope not!

siouxperstar and I must have had the same English teacher, my bad on the spelling!

Are we seriously saying that our words can effect their play?? SERIOUSLY???

So if we say something negative and they read it they may not play well because during the game they'll be thinking "Geez. Shep really laid into this team-I don't feel like scoing on this powerplay."

C'MON!!!!!!!!!

They should be reading (and listening to) the words their coach says in the paper and in the lockeroom. Beyond that, if ANY of them think they can advance to the pro level, what's it going to be like to be ripped in the big city papers??

I understand there's a certain "say no evil" element here lest ye be not a true fan, but this notion that we shouldn't say anything negative because it could be bad for the team is just strange.

Are we seriously saying that our words can effect their play?? SERIOUSLY???

So if we say something negative and they read it they may not play well because during the game they'll be thinking "Geez. Shep really laid into this team-I don't feel like scoing on this powerplay."

C'MON!!!!!!!!!

They should be reading (and listening to) the words their coach says in the paper and in the lockeroom. Beyond that, if ANY of them think they can advance to the pro level, what's it going to be like to be ripped in the big city papers??

I understand there's a certain "say no evil" element here lest ye be not a true fan, but this notion that we shouldn't say anything negative because it could be bad for the team is just strange.

Since you've been laying into the team since the season began, you are the reason they are losing. ;):lol: