SiouxSports.com Forum

TJ Oshie

Fetch

Oshie is fun to watch - not only does he have great skills but it seems he is giving 120% every time he is on the ice. It begs the question, how long do you think we will see Oshie in a Sioux jersey? I would like to think 3 years but that may be too optimistic.... ;)

I think that very few players are ready to leave after 2 years, most that do struggle. 3 years is what I expect.

Oshie is fun to watch - not only does he have great skills but it seems he is giving 120% every time he is on the ice. It begs the question, how long do you think we will see Oshie in a Sioux jersey? I would like to think 3 years but that may be too optimistic.... ;)

I think UND has a good opportunity to keep him here for a few years based on his age.

It would be nice to keep him for like 3 years, but right now he is the number 2 rated prospect in the blues organization, and i am sure they have their scouts taking a good look at him this week. With his age, it will be really intersting to see just how long he does stick around here.

Siouxhockey5

And the team with the player's rights has a lot of say in how long they play. Yes, the player has the ultimate decision, but the goal of these guys is to get to the NHL, and if the team that owns your rights is willing to give you that opportunity, it's one that the majority of guys will take. Not to mention the $$$ that's included. These guys play under NCAA guidelines, which means no money or gifts. The dollar signs look quite enticing, especially for kids so young. I always hope that players stay in college until they need to go to the next level to improve their game. I wasn't excited about ZPar leaving after two years, but in all reality, he had done pretty much all he could do at the college level, and making the jump to the AHL was the best choice for him to improve as a player. If he didn't play last year in the AHL, I don't think he would've been ready to play regularly for the Devils this season. Of course, with the team that the Devils have, maybe I'd be wrong ;)

I am a big UND fan but after watching him I really think he is only going to be a pretty good player, he won't do much in the league. I would compare him to about stafford's level, which is pretty good for college hockey. Both thos guys will be average NHL players if they can stick it out. I hate to be negative but everyone talks like he is the next savior of this hockey team. What is there record anyways? I liked the UND of old. true goal scorers. There have been other good freshman, does Parise ring a bell and he doesn't really do anything in the league. The boys at MInnesota are definetely going to win a national championship this year! Too many weopans. How could a recruiting program lose the two best hockey players to ever come out of this state. They showed it to us too.

I am a big UND fan but after watching him I really think he is only going to be a pretty good player, he won't do much in the league. I would compare him to about stafford's level, which is pretty good for college hockey. Both thos guys will be average NHL players if they can stick it out. I hate to be negative but everyone talks like he is the next savior of this hockey team. What is there record anyways? I liked the UND of old. true goal scorers. There have been other good freshman, does Parise ring a bell and he doesn't really do anything in the league. The boys at MInnesota are definetely going to win a national championship this year! Too many weopans. How could a recruiting program lose the two best hockey players to ever come out of this state. They showed it to us too.

The Gophers have not emerged as a threat to win the NCAAs yet in my opinion. Too inconsistant. If they get on a roll during February we can talk.

As for Oshie vs. Stafford I think if Oshie stays healthy he will end up out pointing him this year despite fewer games played and good luck seeing Oshie in Sioux jersey in two years. That or I'm just buying into the "Rich" hype during the WJC broadcasts. :silly:

Looks like Ryan Potulny and Danny Irmen have found their way to this message board. Nice post fellas :silly:

congrats, your the tool of the month!!

American_Type_Claw_Hammer.jpg

The funniest part of this post is, "I am a big UND fan".

How is Oshie doing in the World Junior Tourney against the best players in the world for his age? :silly:

Oshie is only going to get Better & Better (his hustle is hard to ignore) - time will tell, but his potential is Huge - the way he skates & how he keeps his shoulders square & body in position to hit or shoot is awesome-plus he has a Nose for the Goal & enough moves already but I bet he learns even more with the level of expirence he is getting- Plus I bet he is still growing physically

You could say the same for many on this team - I hope they all stick around, so we can see their full potential

As far as Parise, he was good but small & may have peaked here, in just two yrs - He was no Hrkacs (He was in a zone that made him way better - Unreal almost) -or even Johnson or Bochenski (who I thought were alot alike) were in some respects as good - Joyce was good alot like Stafford - Blake was as good a forward as I have seen & I believe there are several who have his potential or more, on this team now

I see that you guys didn't really like my post. I didn't really mean to be that negative about him because he is a good player. No this isn't Potulny or irmen, as i recall potulny was getting 3 points last night. I think he is really good but i dont think he is going to be a very good nhl player. I always root for UND to beat MInnesota but after the loss to Harvard I dont think they'll do it. Minnesota has too much depth and speed for UND, honestly. Next year is a whole different story I think that UND will be a powerhouse for the next few years if they can keep their guys together. The veterens of UND alone should have beat Harvard I dont care what anybody says.

I see that you guys didn't really like my post. I didn't really mean to be that negative about him because he is a good player. No this isn't Potulny or irmen, as i recall potulny was getting 3 points last night. I think he is really good but i dont think he is going to be a very good nhl player. I always root for UND to beat MInnesota but after the loss to Harvard I dont think they'll do it. Minnesota has too much depth and speed for UND, honestly. Next year is a whole different story I think that UND will be a powerhouse for the next few years if they can keep their guys together. The veterens of UND alone should have beat Harvard I dont care what anybody says.

Thank God you are in no way, shape or form associated with evaluating talent for the NHl. And in particular with the St. Louis Blues. You must have played for Red River, when TJ and the Warriors rolled into the Ralph in Dec. of '03 and he lit you guys up for like 5 pts. or something crazy like that. Either that or you were one of their cheerleaders, (like slappy), and can't get over your team getting manhandled. In any case, it doesn't matter cause you have proven to everone here how uninformed you are.

Thank God you are in no way, shape or form associated with evaluating talent for the NHl. And in particular with the St. Louis Blues. You must have played for Red River, when TJ and the Warriors rolled into the Ralph in Dec. of '03 and he lit you guys up for like 5 pts. or something crazy like that. Either that or you were one of their cheerleaders, (like slappy), and can't get over your team getting manhandled. In any case, it doesn't matter cause you have proven to everone here how uninformed you are.

I do have to agree with 'roughriders' on how the Sioux vets played last night. They looked real bad; plain and simple. If someone in that locker room doesn't step up and lead these young guys things are never going to change. I know we all want to see that western regional here, but the way things are going right now?:lol:?

Either that or you were one of their cheerleaders, (like slappy)....

What's with the petty non-instigated shots? Cripes, just today I defended Oshie against another Gopher fan at GPL:

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/MsgBrd/viewt...t=3343&start=75

That's not what you originally said. You said:

That initial statement wasn't referencing the time frame of when he was being recruited, but rather to the present.

Second, I disagree completely about his skating assessment at the time he was being recruited. I had my eyes on Oshie from the moment I saw him in the state tournament, and his skating ability was never a question-mark. He stood out at the time and it was precisely because of his ability to skate, as well as his tenacity and hands.

What's with the petty non-instigated shots? Cripes, just today I defended Oshie against another Gopher fan at GPL:

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/MsgBrd/viewt...t=3343&start=75

Thank you for being the champion of truth and justice. I was just trying to get a point across to someone else, not trying to rekindle my war with you slappy.

Thank you for being the champion of truth and justice. I was just trying to get a point across to someone else, not trying to rekindle my war with you slappy.

I don't have a "war" with you or anyone else, and leave me out of your points. ??? Besides, my point was to present to you the other side of what I feel is a skewed perspective toward me simply from the fact we've disagreed a few times. :lol: