SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford

southpaw

It's about time Stafford steps up and makes something happen. It seems like he was kind of slow in getting on a roll this season. He should be the scoring machine on this team. If Stafford starts playing consistently the way he played against Michigan Tech this Sioux team will be very tough to beat.

The scoring is there and so is the goaltending. If the defense can play solid the Sioux will be able to compete with Wisconsin.

I'm sorry. I would like to take back my statement that I made earlier about Stafford not stepping up this year. I haven't paid close enough attention I guess. I have been too lazy to look at stats.

Drew is averaging 1.12 points per game this season along with 3 shorties and 3 power play goals. Obviously, I am a moron for saying what I said.

Here's some things:

1. Why do they have to call it a "three-goal hat trick?" Is there another kind of hat trick?

2. Butler had a great series... 1 goal 2 assists. If blocked shots and hits count for anything then there are many players that should have been player of the week a few times now. Kozek's points were more impressive even if it was inferior competition.

3. Chad Rau, who was awarded 2 points (1 goal 1 assist) and Billy Smith (1g 1a) both get runner up and not Mayson Raymond (1g 2a)? Yeah. I think that's retarded too.

Edited by redwing77

I have always been kinda hard on Stafford - Cause he is so good - I take him for granted - Plus he came in with lots of fanfare & expections - I have always been waiting for him to bloom or blossom or Bust out & become one of the best of the Best to ever play for the Sioux - It's in there waiting to happen ...? ? ?