SiouxSports.com Forum

27 YEAR DROUGHT ENDS IN NEW JERSEY!

JESUS,family,rutgers

FINAL SCORE----

RUTGERS 44

CINCINNATI 9

After 27 years, it is finally over!!! We're going to a bowl game for the first time since 1978. This was pretty much a blow-out from the beginning. This feels great---students and adults stormed the field with many people taking pictures with their children. Imagine Sioux fans, if the hockey team went 27 years without even getting into the NCAA playoffs and then finally got in. RRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

FINAL SCORE----

RUTGERS 44

CINCINNATI 9

After 27 years, it is finally over!!! We're going to a bowl game for the first time since 1978. This was pretty much a blow-out from the beginning. This feels great---students and adults stormed the field with many people taking pictures with their children. Imagine Sioux fans, if the hockey team went 27 years without even getting into the NCAA playoffs and then finally got in. RRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

WAY TO GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!!!!!!!

Congrats JFR. Good luck to Rutgers in whichever Bowl they end up playing in.

they will probably end up out here in AZ playing my asu sun devls in the insight bowl played at chase field where the arizona diamondbacks play baseball...

Some programs have the luxury of post season play on a regular basis and take it for granted. Those who are old enough to have witnessed the Bjorkman years with UND understand and appreciate how special it is when a program turns things around and finally has the season you hoped for. Whichever bowl it is I hope Rutgers wins and a nice big trophy gets added to your sports hall.

I'm no proponent of the 175 different bowl games. I think they are wasteful and meaningless to everyone save those who hold the purse strings in the NCAA.

HOWEVER, in this case, I'll make an exception.

Kudos to Rutgers!

Even though this probably belongs on the Football thread ;)

Hello redwing--EVERY sport has too many post season games. That being said, after 27 years of waiting for a bowl game RU fans don't care if it is the Insight, Orange, Cotton,Liberty, or Sun Bowl. We hope to be seeing some of this over the Arizona sunset----

check the first picture by patrickruMy Webpage

Hello AZSioux,

Are you a North Dakota or Arizona State grad? Here in the East, Arizona State is being called the best 6-5 team in the country with those close losses to LSU and Southern Cal. By the way, I think I read that this is the last year this bowl will be played at the Phoenix Ballpark and next season it will be moved to Sun Devils Stadium.

Hello AZSioux,

Are you a North Dakota or Arizona State grad? Here in the East, Arizona State is being called the best 6-5 team in the country with those close losses to LSU and Southern Cal. By the way, I think I read that this is the last year this bowl will be played at the Phoenix Ballpark and next season it will be moved to Sun Devils Stadium.

ASU 03 grad...green and white blood though....i was at those 2 games vs usc and lsu, tough losses but usc does that to everyone....asu is good and the peeps out here are ot happy with the coach...it will be a tough game for rutgers but ya never know..the fiesta bowl will be moved to the new arizona cardinals stadium in glendale next year and then the insight bowl will move to sun devil stadium....congrats on the bowl bid!!

I NEVER thought I would see a New Jersey governor do this for Rutgers.

( I know---probably not the best use of tax dollars, but when you divide $25,000 by 8 million residents it comes out to pennies.)My Webpage

finally!!!

St. Francis plays USC in the 2005 Water Polo semi-finals on Saturday - wish us luck. The match will be at Bucknell University tororrow - wish us luck. Hockey???