SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO vs UND

SiouxMD

With a hockey/football double header, is it hard to sell-out both games or do a fair amount of people go to both?

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

I think they actually sell out easier because many people who live out of town wait for weekends like this to make the trip to Grand Forks. I know I do!

The latest is third-string tailback Kyle Kasperbauer, who rushed for 179 yards against St. Cloud. Against Augustana two weeks ago, Kasperbauer rushed for 139 yards.

"Kyle is a little guy," Behrns said, comparing the 5-foot-7, 180-pound Kasperbauer to the 5-11, 221-pound Day. "But Kyle is quick, and he has deceptive speed. It's like riding a Shetland pony instead of a stallion."

SOURCE

Wow...my highschool wrestling coach called me a "cupcake" once...just once...but a Shetland pony? Ouch...

"Hey mom! Look! They mention my name in the paper...yeah Coach Behrns says I have deceptive speed...and that...ummm...let's see...ahhhh....that I...ahhh...THAT I"M A SHETLAND PONY???"

"That's sweet dear..."

Learning point: Think before you speak.

I'm gonna have to remember that one. Shetland Pony. :)

If he hears you...does he go after you or Coach Behrns?

It might be a good way to draw a flag on the MAVS...

Digger (after a punishing tackle) - "I've never ridden a Shetland before..."

Kasperbauer "BLEEP BLEEP BLEEEEEEP"

Referee "Unsportsmanlike conduct...offense...15 yards...remains 3rd down."

Charlie Jeske from the Alerus was on the radio this morning, and said there's roughly 2000 tickets left for the game tomorrow. Assuming a full or nearly-full student section and normal ticket sales for the rest of today and tomorrow, I would expect 12,000-plus.

My prediction it will look like 12,000 people are there but they will announce the attendance at 10,000 :)

Always seems to be full and then the announced attendance is lower than expected.

My prediction it will look like 12,000 people are there but they will announce the attendance at 10,000 :)

Always seems to be full and then the announced attendance is lower than expected.

You may very well be right. If this were a playoff game, I'd say you'd definitely be right, i.e. UC-Davis in 2001. I STILL say there was over 13,000 for that game!

You may very well be right. If this were a playoff game, I'd say you'd definitely be right, i.e. UC-Davis in 2001. I STILL say there was over 13,000 for that game!

Exactly. The place was packed and ROCKIN: all seats and staning room endzones were full, yet the announced attendance was only 11,696.

Greatest Sioux game I have ever attended.

Not sure where to put this:

Cousin in AZ called me to say that someone was holding up a Sioux hockey jersey on College Gameday from Jacksonville today. ;)

Gotta love Sioux fans. :)

I'll be at the game and ready to yell today. I hear the team is very focussed on this game. Should be fun.