SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo Sioux Fans

southpaw

Hey, just wondering if any Fargo Sioux fans want to get together and watch the game somewhere. As mentioned in another thread, Pops has it (located on main right by univ ave), but they have a limited number of tvs. I'm not sure if places like Buffalo Wild Wings will have it, but I can call. Let me know.

edit: i'd prefer non-smoking.

Hey, just wondering if any Fargo Sioux fans want to get together and watch the game somewhere.  As mentioned in another thread, Pops has it (located on main right by univ ave), but they have a limited number of tvs.  I'm not sure if places like Buffalo Wild Wings will have it, but I can call.  Let me know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe Tailgators? They usually try to do something or Playmakers?......Peppers?

Hey, just wondering if any Fargo Sioux fans want to get together and watch the game somewhere.  As mentioned in another thread, Pops has it (located on main right by univ ave), but they have a limited number of tvs.  I'm not sure if places like Buffalo Wild Wings will have it, but I can call.  Let me know.

edit:  i'd prefer non-smoking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is Pops connected to TailGators? I plan to be there.

Maybe I'll watch the game from BWW. I think their food is overrated, but at least I've been there before.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I'm probably going to go there then. I at least know what to expect there. Hope to see you all tomorrow for the game.

I don't know.

Pop's is going to be quiter. It's a sorta cafe, like DMT said and it is nonsmoking.

BWW is louder and you won't be able to hear what's going on. This may not be a bad thing, unless you are watching FSSN. As I said, FSSN doesn't show penalties (what was called and how long they are in the box) and doesn't keep track of the time remaining (All you get is a <team> PP thing under the score) in the powerplay. MInor things, sure, but it does tell you more about special teams if you know that it is a 5 minute major rather than a 2 minute minor.

What's interesting with CSTV is that potentially there will be commentators who are better quality than Bredahl. On the flip side, CSTV is typical in it's Eastern concentration, so they will know relatively little about the Sioux.

All they'll probably hit on:

1. Our draft results

2. Zajac

3. Greene's departure

4. Our youth

And when that 2 minutes of airtime is over, they'll return to probably 10 minutes of similar UNH breakdown.

edit:  i'd prefer non-smoking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me and few buds will be attending Buffalo Wild Wings on 42 St. Smoke free, good looking waitress's and ALCOHOL while watching the Sioux win. What more can you ask for.

I plan on going to BWW on 42nd. Will probably call in the afternoon to let them know a contingent of Sioux Hockey fans will be there! There really is nothing else on tomorrow so it shouldn't be a problem to get it on the big Screen and also get the gopher game at 7:30. The owners of BWW are UND Grads.