SiouxSports.com Forum

FIGHTING SIOUX vs. Michigan St. thread

sioux rube

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another penalty on UND - tripping on Oshie.

PP MSU.  3-0  PP goal.

I think what we are seeing this weekend is that the freshmen have not yet adjusted to the speed of the college game.  A lot of the penalties result.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's most likely that, as well as all the other variables. Fatigue, quick turnaround, so early in the season which equals lack of conditioning. It may not be pretty, but it's still young in the season. There's a good amount of game left today too, so there's still hope, I hope.

This score is not surprising after listening to last night's game against a much inferior Miami team. Hopefully the team can adjust before the wcha season starts or things could get ugly. Any illusions that the freshmen were so talented they could just step in seemlessly should now be dashed. Yes they are talented, but they are still freshmen.

What's more concerning to me than the freshmen is that Stafford, Zajac, and Spirko have been relatively quiet.

im not going to get worried over 1 game at the beginning of the year if they do lose. there is still some time left here to turn it around. not going to put to much into it if they lose or win...

another checking from behind for msu...wow..

This score is not surprising after listening to last night's game against a much inferior Miami team.  Hopefully the team can adjust before the wcha season starts or things could get ugly.  Any illusions that the freshmen were so talented they could just step in seemlessly should now be dashed.  Yes they are talented, but they are still freshmen.

What's more concerning to me than the freshmen is that Stafford, Zajac, and Spirko have been relatively quiet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would agree with you. The freshman have been the ones who have showed up this weekend, yet shouldn't be the ones expected to do so. The upperclassman have had very little accolades this weekend. Regardless of the player, freshman are still freshman. Only a few true freshman have stepped in and not played like freshman in the first month of the season, and we shouldn't expect anything different with this class. As you said, they have talent, but they still are not experienced in playing at this level of competition.

im not going to get worried over 1 game at the beginning of the year if they do lose. there is still some time left here to turn it around. not going to put to much into it if they lose or win...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not getting too worried either, but I didn't have terribly high expectations because the green defencemen. I expected opponents to be scoring 4 or 5 a night, but I also expected the offense to do the same. But it's still early.

Having said that, these early non-conference games are very important for PWR down the road.