SiouxSports.com Forum

New PA Person

radionews

I was there. A few stood out as having the potential to replace Scott Hennen. I can't recall all their names, however. I thought some tried too hard to be Hennen rather than being themselves.

As you might expect, there were some who shouldn't have bothered trying out, but they get an "Atta boy!" for making the effort. I probably would have fainted before getting through the first sentence. :silly:

The judges were Hennen, Tim Hennessy, Pat Sweeny, Cary Eades and the woman who heads Sioux boosters (sorry, I can't remember her name). Tom Bunning and Brad Berry were there, too.

Edited by PCM

I was there and tried out. It was a fun time. There were some really good announcers, but like PCM said, some of the guys werent very good at all, but you gotta give em respect just for trying out. They have the finalists posted at www.theralph.com. Scott will be missed, but I think one of us finalists will work out just fine, but the man is irreplaceable.

I was there and tried out.  It was a fun time.  There were some really good announcers, but like PCM said, some of the guys werent very good at all, but you gotta give em respect just for trying out.  They have the finalists posted at www.theralph.com.  Scott will be missed, but I think one of us finalists will work out just fine, but the man is irreplaceable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Judging by your username, would appear you're a finalist.

The first guy was good!

The second guy wasn't bad either but it only got worse the rest of the way. Kudos though to the last guy who tried as much as he could to be the least like Hennan of the group. However, I'd cringe if he were a finalist.

Did they challenge the announcer with the names that are somewhat hard to pronounce?

Like Toews, Rastislav Spirko (I don't think his name is hard, but Woog proved that it's possible), Prpich, Matti Kaltainan (ok, he's graduated from BC, but I think this name is damn hard to pronounce. It's pronounce Kalta -eye-nan btw), etc?

Like Toews, Rastislav Spirko (I don't think his name is hard, but Woog proved that it's possible), Prpich, Matti Kaltainan (ok, he's graduated from BC, but I think this name is damn hard to pronounce.  It's pronounce Kalta -eye-nan btw), etc?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Names can be learned by most people. The voice is the most important thing.

Hennen even got up at the end last nite and did a little announcing. Said he enjoyed announcing penalties the most and did a few of those, along with some names he really enjoyed over the years. A.D. Buning also got up and talked, and said some nice things about Scott.